Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Grace WPs get no respect

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
abezverkhiy

[WP] Grace WPs get no respect

Post#1 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:11 am

This is more a discussion topic rather than something else.

I have been a healbot all the time until a few days back when I got decent melee gear (dominator and subj). I like playstyle of Grace WP but at the same time I grow tired of insults in scenario channel.

One could turn the chat off easily but I tend to read it to be on the same page with other team mates. While I understand the frustration of other wb members for whom I became virtually useless, I still would like to explore options apart from becoming a back line healer again. Although from what I know there are no options...

What would you suggest? Are there any ways to be wb useful and stay Grace WP?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Re: [WP] Grace WPs get no respect

Post#2 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:15 am

I suggest taking the Wrathpill and ignoring anyone who complains about it.

Alternatively, do what I did and give up on WP because Azanor was the only one who was interested in making WP viable outside of being a book-jockey.

Zxul

Post#3 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:57 am

One more option is working out a hybrid dps spec with book, and switching between hybrid dps tactics for solo/small scale and healer tactics for wb. Can be done on dok with chalice, so should be doable on wp.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Malecus

Post#4 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:14 am

Not dps, BUT I do not play salvation backline. Ive stacked defensive reknown, plus toughness. I heal between the front line and mid. I can take a bunch of hits due to my healing, and my aoes are best when I am near the melees I am healing. I usually dont attack people, but in my mind warrior priest will always be a frontline healer. I top the charts in healing done, and nothing makes me more hyped than when the enemies mob me I aoe detaunt and keep spamming my group heals/shields.

abezverkhiy

Post#5 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:02 am

Malecus wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:14 am Not dps, BUT I do not play salvation backline. Ive stacked defensive reknown, plus toughness. I heal between the front line and mid. I can take a bunch of hits due to my healing, and my aoes are best when I am near the melees I am healing. I usually dont attack people, but in my mind warrior priest will always be a frontline healer. I top the charts in healing done, and nothing makes me more hyped than when the enemies mob me I aoe detaunt and keep spamming my group heals/shields.
Interesting. Share your build plz. What's your gear? And what weapon types do you have?
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Chinesehero

Post#6 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:29 am

not many dps wp is good dmg and heal
I think I play this time only 2 or 3 dps wp can have high dmg to be worth to use a guard on him
most dps wp in sc is rubbish. low dmg and almost useless heal
if u dont know how to build a good dps wp, dont make it. u waste a guard and cant give pressure to enemy

anarchypark

Post#7 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:31 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:11 am This is more a discussion topic rather than something else.

I have been a healbot all the time until a few days back when I got decent melee gear (dominator and subj). I like playstyle of Grace WP but at the same time I grow tired of insults in scenario channel.

One could turn the chat off easily but I tend to read it to be on the same page with other team mates. While I understand the frustration of other wb members for whom I became virtually useless, I still would like to explore options apart from becoming a back line healer again. Although from what I know there are no options...

What would you suggest? Are there any ways to be wb useful and stay Grace WP?

if your performance was good,
just laugh at them.
throw sc board number or winner rewards into their faces.
though SC number means little, it hold great value among those types.

if you think you're not doing good,
well i still laugh at them and keep playing for experiences.
what else they can do except typing.
but i've set limit like 7 rdps on our side 3 times in a row or no tanks etc.
I bet those ppl also have similar limit that meeting snb wp 3 times.

eventually quitters will quit and survivors will progress.
often i find them quit queuing b4 me reach limit.

when feeling i've done disservice to good ppl of our side, I bring real tank/healer to compensate. present some wins for them then go back to off spec business.
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

Foltestik

Post#8 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:37 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:11 am decent melee gear (dominator and subj).
dominator isnt decent gear its lowbie gear if you wanna try dps get bloodlord gear + weapon

and mostly (like 95%) wanna be dps wp have dps on lvl of S/B tanks and from start scenarios they try to survive only :D

Ads
scatterthewinds

Post#9 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:39 am

you can play whats fun, what you think is cool, however you want to justify it.

But ultimately, if you're not playing the very solid meta spec you're part of the problem and not the solution. Wins are despite of you and not because of you. Losses are partially because of you.

/discussion

dalen
Developer

Post#10 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:49 am

Foltestik wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:37 am
abezverkhiy wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:11 am decent melee gear (dominator and subj).
dominator isnt decent gear its lowbie gear if you wanna try dps get bloodlord gear + weapon

and mostly (like 95%) wanna be dps wp have dps on lvl of S/B tanks and from start scenarios they try to survive only :D
For Wrath spec you want bloodlord gear, but wasn't this topic about Grace spec? Sentinel + Beastlord combination is better then for extra block and survivability.

And Grace spec isn't a DPS spec, it is a type of heal spec, so having DPS on the lvl of tanks is expected.
Source Developer