Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Grace WPs get no respect

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
convexte

Re: [WP] Grace WPs get no respect

Post#11 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:52 am

scatterthewinds wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:39 am Wins are despite of you and not because of you. Losses are partially because of you.
This.If i have only 1 healer in sc - i prefer salvation WP.Shield WP can be nice as secondary healer+frontline, but need at least 1 tank who can help him if needed (guard switch is hard :D ), while any other classic spec healer can heal without support.
BW87 Roytze
KotBS 83 Eilert
WP 85 Edelhardt
WH 83 Rayhorst

Magus 80 Dreadtech
Sorc 81 Roytzen
BG 80 Morventh

Ads
Foltestik

Post#12 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:57 am

dalen wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:49 am And Grace spec isn't a DPS spec, it is a type of heal spec, so having DPS on the lvl of tanks is expected.
my bad they mostly both sux to much that i dont see any diference :D

abezverkhiy

Post#13 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:38 pm

dalen wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:49 am And Grace spec isn't a DPS spec, it is a type of heal spec, so having DPS on the lvl of tanks is expected.
Well... since WP healing abilities say "heals X% of damage dealt" it makes damage matter.

I agree with guys who point at meta specs importance but at the same time seeing damage and healing calculator saying ridiculous amount of overheal I wonder if I should trade a bit of healing for damage. Cause problem is that Salv WP does not have a single good damaging spell based on willpower to protect himself as damaging abilities require decent amount of STR. Not counting Judgement cause it can barely kill a mosquito.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Smellybelly

Post#14 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:21 pm

If your going to be on the frontline and healing from your damage abilities etc, as grace spec does. Then you need to spec your renown for defence, reduced chance to be crit, initiative, parry and dodge/disrupt. You have to be very tanky otherwise its no point. You have to survive to heal. Same applies to full healspec with book, you cant heal if you die to the first witchelf who pops out of stealth in your backline. Willpower scales very badly so its not a good option. Only spec for max healcrit and willpower for pve dungeons.

Be a tanky healer who just wont die, its what everyone hates the most x)

OperSandwich

Post#15 » Wed Mar 18, 2020 6:34 pm

I'd say that pushing people towards only doing A B C is the way to turn them away from the game, which is not correct at all.
I have meta built characters, but it doesn't mean I should lose my fun playing what and how I want only to satisfy someone else by sticking to those classes most of which are not my cup of tea in the end.
Unless of course you are playing with a guild which is in itself a different kind of story.
Instead, probably meta should be advanced forward to allow for more build variety, not less.
War Priest is a fun class mechanically but making it a bland healer according to meta is kinda boring.

niikuu

Post#16 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:36 pm

People see that red hammer icon in their party window and they immediately anticipate god-tier aoe heals on demand, without downtime.

Mystry
Suspended

Post#17 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:58 pm

The major problem with Grace is that it has to actually hit things to heal. Salv doesn't need that; salv can just stack up on defense and cast endlessly with no care at all, but for Grace to function, you need:
A. To be in range of a target.
B. To hit that target and not get parried/blocked.
C. To hit that target for an appreciable amount of damage since a lot of your heals scale off damage done.

This means that your ability to heal is proportional to who you're fighting. If you're whacking on an undergeared WE or Sorc or something, you have pretty good heals. If the only targets are extremely tanky defensive specced tanks and melee DPS, then your heals are crap compared to easy mode Salv. Plus you have to be on the front line and in danger to do it.

That's why people prefer Salv. It's safer, and easier, and more reliable to just hold a book, and cast.

niikuu

Post#18 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:27 pm

Grace in a nutshell:
1. You deal damage similar to a tank = baseline heal from Sigmar's Radiance
2. You get kited/snared/knocked/CC'd = lots of downtime
3. You get detaunted = -50% damage
4. Frontline targets are often guarded = -50%
5. Tanks spamming challenge = -30%
6. Tanks' M2/M4 morale with flat % damage reduction = -%
7. Armor stacking meta = (...)

PS. as a former main Grace WP from live, I still believe that Grace is better than ever on this server, maybe only a little salty about Sigmar's Radiance being hard locked to Shield item equip

Ads
drmordread
Suspended

Post#19 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:30 pm

A little diddy I just made up for this thread

There was a time, a glorious time
When Priests and Disciples shone
Their heals would save, from strikes they made
Their power was uncontested
The battle lines they held, into the foe they pushed
Cleanses and heals flying about
Hammer and blades dueling saves
... Oh what a glorious time indeed

Now they toil, backline slaves
Their balls chopped off
Were given a shield, like a tank
And told to make due with less

Just my opinion folks. This game has seen better from the WP/DoK, then what is being offered today!!!!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

sn3jk

Post#20 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 11:45 pm

Special snowflakes be special
Bacongrease - Squig Herder
Bloodynine - Chosen
Oldest - Shaman