Recent Topics

Ads

New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Toggle

Re: New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

Post#11 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:27 pm

Wrong thread. Deleted post.
Last edited by Toggle on Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shaman - 40/8X
Zealot - 40/8X [Retired]
AM - 40/8X
RP - 40/7X [Retired]

Ads
EsthelielSunfury

Post#12 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:56 pm

Toggle wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:27 pm If you want to delete healers, then play a WL. If you don’t believe that healers get deleted - then I challenge you to play a healer from 1-40 on Destro. Once you’ve done that, I believe your perspective will change significantly.
Where in any of the posts here is there a complaint about healers?

Starx

Post#13 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:51 pm

I'd rather just see a total rebalancing of the 1-40 levels and 1-60 renown tables, a crunch to speed up progression.

The simplest fix to something that people might find not enjoyable is just to get them through it asap. Leveled WE recently is was pretty terrible 16-31, like almost unplayable... but you get dev and a full tree and some of the things you need to actually kill stuff and ya the 31-40 experience was pretty good. but what's gonna make that new player sit through 16-31 getting their ass handed to them?

Bolster can't make up for lack of crucial skills like knockdown, 50% crit damage tactic, elixirs, heal debuffs, 13 point abilities that are class defining etc...

Sulorie

Post#14 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:00 pm

Starx wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:51 pm I'd rather just see a total rebalancing of the 1-40 levels and 1-60 renown tables, a crunch to speed up progression.

The simplest fix to something that people might find not enjoyable is just to get them through it asap. Leveled WE recently is was pretty terrible 16-31, like almost unplayable... but you get dev and a full tree and some of the things you need to actually kill stuff and ya the 31-40 experience was pretty good. but what's gonna make that new player sit through 16-31 getting their ass handed to them?

Bolster can't make up for lack of crucial skills like knockdown, 50% crit damage tactic, elixirs, heal debuffs, 13 point abilities that are class defining etc...
Oh, I enjoyed mine pre-30. :) You just won't be the assist lead and assist more on others. But melee in general is more annoying to play, when you have no group around you. I rage a lot in mid tier sc, when queuing solo and expect a tank and healer in group to do their job, so I can do mine as DD.
Dying is no option.

Wiede

Post#15 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:40 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:20 pm
Can you provide a screenshot of that kind of gearing? Because entering RvR as a tank is bolstering my toughness and wounds up to 700ish, and yes - I'm running with 9k HP as well, however strength is nowhere near that. I'd like to see bolster working like it, so please do share a screenshot with 3 main stats above 700 as level 18.
Sure, here you go: https://imgur.com/a/FGFg2PX

lvl20 now, so dropped a few statpoints naturally... Could get them back with better than green jewelry, but it's not worth to go for that when you outlvl them so quick. Also SnB are green RR gear.
I'm 20/22 actually and have 20 RR in Block only, could pump that stat numbers a little bit up with RR, but Block > all.

edit: also with Toughness, Strength and Resist Aura, but its grpwide so everyone can get that with a chosen in grp.
edit2: to be clear - i shifted from Block/Str to Block only in RR with RR20, thats why the rather high drop in STR.

Glorian

Post#16 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:36 pm

Concerning WH or WE: Below 40/60 you just aren't jumping out of the shadows and delete a healer in one rotation.

You're need someone else and support him. Get swift assist as an addon. You can use it with every other player on your side. Help that choppa or marauder on his target and kill them.

The same with BWs or Engineers on city walls. Don't choose your own targets. Set swift assist on another engi and you will begin to down targets.

And this is not only for lvl 16-40. later in the game as a Legolas SW it Engi you will not kill players alone. Get Swift assist and focus.

Starx

Post#17 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:51 pm

Those rdps on the walls are getting 100x more RR than the poor we/wh's tho :^)

being a solo player on melee is just not that great, even with stealth it's like ill go 30-25 in a zone if im doing well or something when id be 50-5 on magus or engineer, and countless extra kill contribution through all the aoe stuff id be throwing out. Much more opportunities to do things thanks to being ranged.

EsthelielSunfury

Post#18 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:19 pm

Any thoughts on the actual suggestion so far? I've yet to hear any particular discussion about it, this being the suggestions sub-forum.
Wiede wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:40 pm Sure, here you go: https://imgur.com/a/FGFg2PX

lvl20 now, so dropped a few statpoints naturally... Could get them back with better than green jewelry, but it's not worth to go for that when you outlvl them so quick. Also SnB are green RR gear.
I'm 20/22 actually and have 20 RR in Block only, could pump that stat numbers a little bit up with RR, but Block > all.

edit: also with Toughness, Strength and Resist Aura, but its grpwide so everyone can get that with a chosen in grp.
edit2: to be clear - i shifted from Block/Str to Block only in RR with RR20, thats why the rather high drop in STR.
https://imgur.com/a/ELwbvr4

Why is only toughness and wounds getting buffed for me then? Are blackguards not properly bolstered or what? Why would another tank get strength?

Ads
Sulorie

Post#19 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:05 am

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:19 pm Any thoughts on the actual suggestion so far? I've yet to hear any particular discussion about it, this being the suggestions sub-forum.
Wiede wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:40 pm Sure, here you go: https://imgur.com/a/FGFg2PX

https://imgur.com/a/ELwbvr4

Why is only toughness and wounds getting buffed for me then? Are blackguards not properly bolstered or what? Why would another tank get strength?
He probably got Str aura running, you would have to check your own str buff as well. Additionally, those paperdoll values are most likely incorrect. Type .getstats to get the real values.
The better your gear is, the better the bolster becomes.

On a mara you can have almost 1300 str, when bolstered to 48.
SH and spike squig pet with over 1100 ballistic, if I remember right. It was nice to kill those rr70 SWs. :D
Dying is no option.

courtsdad1

Post#20 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:04 am

Its fine, its not that hard to level and you are being dramatic. I leveled 2 characters in the last two weeks up through those ranks with zero issues and infinite fun. It a bolster not an "I want to be equal with people 18 levels above me who have access to more skills." Frankly the bolster works fantastic. I started healing/ leading WB in forts at 16 ( when anyone could get in) and experienced zero complaints. Learn your role and your class instead of asking for the whole game to change to suit your very temporary level.