Recent Topics

Ads

[Chosen] Build based on Discordant Winds

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Zxul

Re: [Chosen] Build based on Discordant Winds

Post#11 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:10 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:17 pm sure, PM me in game sometime and lets test it out. Dont get to face DoKs in the lakes, so should be fun. The only WP melee I've fought melted quick.
Your toon one of those in sig?
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Ads
Detangler

Post#12 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:18 am

Zxul wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:10 pm
Detangler wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:17 pm sure, PM me in game sometime and lets test it out. Dont get to face DoKs in the lakes, so should be fun. The only WP melee I've fought melted quick.
Your toon one of those in sig?
Yup. Has a description and everything!
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Illuminati

Post#13 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Once you guys are done dueling and come to the realization that Discordant Winds negative to healing sucks (-70% when coupled with a -50% inc heal Debuff, yes it stacks), you may discover,

-you need to be in the third tree to get beefy resists and debuffs... you need casters to ignore you
-you will need really high physical mitigation/toughness to counter the heal debuff

PS. Who won the duel?

...help me get Seeping Wounds fixed (doesn’t crit in RoR, did on live).
————————————————
Destro: Killamanjaro (80+ Choppa) / Killamanjaroo (70+ DoK) / Unsworn (70+ Chosen) / Illuminatii (60+ Blackguard) / Killaman (80+ Squig)
Order: ?

Bugs reported: 6

Detangler

Post#14 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:30 pm

Well, I never received a PM in game. Tried dueling a guildie who was talking smack, but duels are still broken in game - you don't get set in combat, so both people get constant out of combat heal rates. can't kill anyone right now.

And Illuminati, you have shown me the light. All the hours I've played with discordant winds, experimenting with different builds, and finding one that works pretty well with the right gear setup were obviously a waste of time. I should have just read your post instead. Thank you for your insight.
Destro - Mostly Harmless

Zxul

Post#15 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:14 am

Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:30 pm Well, I never received a PM in game.
Did managed to catch you once in game to send you a tell, was when fort was about to start though, so easy to miss. My dok is Lxul btw.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

Detangler

Post#16 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:26 am

Zxul wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:14 am
Detangler wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:30 pm Well, I never received a PM in game.
Did managed to catch you once in game to send you a tell, was when fort was about to start though, so easy to miss. My dok is Lxul btw.
Ah I must have missed it. Kids often make me take unexpected AFKs sometimes. Gonna have to wait for bug fix to settle our duel tho :)
Destro - Mostly Harmless

Roach

Post#17 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4773,4784

What do you think of this build for a fresh 40 using 2 handed weapons?

I have noone to play with and I will generally play unorganized rvr, mostly solo.

Zxul

Post#18 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:04 pm

Roach wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:42 pm https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,4773,4784

What do you think of this build for a fresh 40 using 2 handed weapons?

I have noone to play with and I will generally play unorganized rvr, mostly solo.
How fast do you run out of ap? Because once you do, you do 0 dmg except aa with this build.

3 defensive tactics- needed to compensate for missing block/htl, except that by not using Backlash you missing lot more dmg than what you get from going 2h.

As a chosen you are not mdps- ap regen/Backlash/dmg aura/ToP are the sources of your dmg, not more str.

Ads