Recent Topics

Ads

New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
R3xz

Re: New player experience and the ridiculously unfair 16-40 PvP bracket.

Post#31 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Tanski wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:24 pm On my lvl 16 sorc I hit lvl 40s with 3k doom bolts . When I unlocked pounce on my wl, I regularly killed lvl 40s solo and got huge to ticks, up to 40k for a solo kill. I topped kills in the zone on my low level magus spamming aoe.

Bolster is fine, you just suck. Learn the mechanics of the game before you start whining on the forums .
Keep in mind, OP also referenced Scenarios.

Imo, bolster in RvR is fine. Scenario can be super tough for level 16-28s going against people who are 35+. This is why I only jump into T2/T3 scenario after getting my soldier set from RvR.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#32 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:54 pm

R3xz wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:29 pm
Tanski wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:24 pm On my lvl 16 sorc I hit lvl 40s with 3k doom bolts . When I unlocked pounce on my wl, I regularly killed lvl 40s solo and got huge to ticks, up to 40k for a solo kill. I topped kills in the zone on my low level magus spamming aoe.

Bolster is fine, you just suck. Learn the mechanics of the game before you start whining on the forums .

Imo, bolster in RvR is fine. Scenario can be super tough for level 16-28s going against people who are 35+. This is why I only jump into T2/T3 scenario after getting my soldier set from RvR.
Even before 29 it's a non-issue if you got the right gear. If people properly guard and get heals, the fights wouldn't be onesided.
Totally melted ppl on choppa with Mayhem set armor debuff proc at lvl 25.

Premades of skilled players don't care what their rank is, they win more than they lose. This alone tells anyone, that coordination and the knowledge to optimize gear is more important than character rank.
Dying is no option.

R3xz

Post#33 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Sulorie wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:54 pm
R3xz wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:29 pm

Even before 29 it's a non-issue if you got the right gear. If people properly guard and get heals, the fights wouldn't be onesided.
Totally melted ppl on choppa with Mayhem set armor debuff proc at lvl 25.

Premades of skilled players don't care what their rank is, they win more than they lose. This alone tells anyone, that coordination and the knowledge to optimize gear is more important than character rank.
That's good you brought that up, if you only PvP the gear set are quite distanced apart in term of level, but there are other gear sets you can get from PvE as well.

People can find a pretty comprehensive gearset list here
https://wiki.returnofreckoning.com/inde ... R_%26_PvE)

EsthelielSunfury

Post#34 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:45 pm

Yet another who cannot read. I think you must've missed the part about the blackguard being repeated even by other posters. The way your write, that is no surprise to anyone really. I'm not whining - I'm on the suggestions forum, but I don't think you read all the way to the end, most likely stopped at the title - but your type is expected lol

Tanski

Post#35 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:59 pm

You are very smug for someone with little game knowledge . “My type” , coming from someone struggling in t2 scs. Ok buddy. Like I said, get good ;)

In all seriousness though, all of your replys have been conceited. That is not a good approach to having people take you seriously. If you genuinely want to get better at the game, I would be willing to help. But you don’t. You just want to complain, and that’s my problem with your post.
75+ BG
80 Choppa/slyer
80 wl
70 + sm
70 bw/sorc
80 wh, we
60 sham/am

EsthelielSunfury

Post#36 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:16 pm

I never in any post here said I struggle in T2 scenarios, but as I said before, you stopped at the title. And yes, I do not want help from your type, it revolves around - as you've said twice already, basically git gud which has never helped anyone.

I've sought help from guilds in-game and they've offered it nicely, it still doesn't address the issue of the bracket being ridiculous and I offered a suggestion for that, which from what I can tell you've yet to read. I'm still going to suggest making it past the title.

Winterbeats

Post#37 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 pm

I agree with reinstating T2 for 16 to 30. I went to T4 RvR on my WP, and it was a shock, just trying to get there, I was one shot by mobs. Please consider adjusting the tier brackets to the live version.
Right now, since my fun with the game dropped dramatically, I'm level every class to 16, and I'll see if I continue to play on this server if the brackets are changed.

Sulorie

Post#38 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Winterbeats wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:44 pm I agree with reinstating T2 for 16 to 30. I went to T4 RvR on my WP, and it was a shock, just trying to get there, I was one shot by mobs. Please consider adjusting the tier brackets to the live version.
Right now, since my fun with the game dropped dramatically, I'm level every class to 16, and I'll see if I continue to play on this server if the brackets are changed.
It seems that you went to t4 pve area with a lvl16 char, no?
You are not supposed to do this.
Only the warcamp and rvr zone are meant for you.
Dying is no option.

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#39 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:32 pm

This is a symptom of the current system being designed for a low population game, and then having a huge influx in population.

The live game was built in such a way that you don't have this issue, which is why there was 4 tiers and not 3. This private server combined tiers 2/3/4 (and then broke out 4 to be 40 only, which was a good change IMO).

There's no good way to fix this really, as the population of this game is likely to go back down eventually anyway. They could try to split up T2/T3 again, but that will probably cause more problems then it would solve.

Yea, it sucks being level 16-24 more or less. It's definitely a shell shock for a new player who is doing good at level 14/15 in sc's and orvr and immediately then becomes the guppy in the new pool instead of the shark. Same thing happens from 39-40 as well. That's just the nature of the thing though. Either go PvE up to 24-25 and start RvRing again, or just stick through it and level via RvR. Either way these levels go fast and you can bang out 16-24 in about 4-5 hours.

R3xz

Post#40 » Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:45 pm

Foofmonger wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:32 pm This is a symptom of the current system being designed for a low population game, and then having a huge influx in population.

The live game was built in such a way that you don't have this issue, which is why there was 4 tiers and not 3. This private server combined tiers 2/3/4 (and then broke out 4 to be 40 only, which was a good change IMO).

There's no good way to fix this really, as the population of this game is likely to go back down eventually anyway. They could try to split up T2/T3 again, but that will probably cause more problems then it would solve.

Yea, it sucks being level 16-24 more or less. It's definitely a shell shock for a new player who is doing good at level 14/15 in sc's and orvr and immediately then becomes the guppy in the new pool instead of the shark. Same thing happens from 39-40 as well. That's just the nature of the thing though. Either go PvE up to 24-25 and start RvRing again, or just stick through it and level via RvR. Either way these levels go fast and you can bang out 16-24 in about 4-5 hours.
I mean some players actually prefer the low and steady progress if they can help it. Low tier PvP can actually be quite fun, at least for me, as long as everyone is on relatively even footing.

And btw, I'm quite curious.
Would it be possible to implement a match making system with a tier bias? Or is that already the case?

Like for an example if your level fall within T2, then you're more likely to pair up with T2 players. Sometimes a T3 player might fall through the crack, but if they did then at least the ratio of T3 players with T2 players be balanced out. Might be a good compromise if this game can expect steady stream of newer players in the future. This is a question maybe a dev or someone else in-the-knows can help clear up.