Recent Topics

Ads

[Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
gcfbrian

Re: [Black Orc] Talk bout da builds ere.

Post#711 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:36 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:11 pm
gcfbrian wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:06 pm Looking for guidance on talismans for 2h spec. I feel like strength talismans aren't yielding the damage throughput i'm looking for. I understand we're not a pure dps, but is strength scaling just wonky?
There's not a lot of choice when it comes to talismans for 2h. It's either STR or WS.
Was afraid of that. 5pc dom, 3pc beast, 2pc warrior, gunbad ruby, big fumper, full str/weaponskill as is. Currently r64, running toughness/wounds/Guud at big choppin for tactics, while swapping the 4th around to a handful of different ones. I can't settle on which one I feel is best there - any suggestions?

Ads
xarax

Post#712 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:00 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:52 pm
xarax wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:31 pm anyone with full Sov who could give insight about 8pc bonus?
Afaik there's not a single BO that has gone for the 8piece, but on live this was stupid overpowered and then nerfed into oblivion.
so 2h go for 5sov/3warlord?
for def i went 4 sov and 5 invader
Zeal80 - Dok82 - Sham74
BO81 - BG80 - WE75

and tooooo many alts

Nefarian78

Post#713 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:00 pm

gcfbrian wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:36 pm Was afraid of that. 5pc dom, 3pc beast, 2pc warrior, gunbad ruby, big fumper, full str/weaponskill as is. Currently r64, running toughness/wounds/Guud at big choppin for tactics, while swapping the 4th around to a handful of different ones. I can't settle on which one I feel is best there - any suggestions?
2h Tanks are very gear dependant (Especially Black Orcs) and you're wearing set that aren't that competitive anymore. Aim for a Sentinel/Beastlord mix and then move on to a Bloodlord/Beastlord Mix to end in a Off-Sov/Warlord mix or a pure Off-Sov although i wouldn't recommend it. In addition to not having great gear you're using tactics that aren't that good for damage.

Use this build.

RoR.builders - Black Orc

Remove the Toughness tactic, use Gork Smash instead. 250 or 500 Toughness makes next to no difference in smallscale. Your survivability comes from Parry. Wounds and Armor obviously are extremely helpful too and the gear comes with enough of both. Toughness is only useful when there's many sources that are constantly outputting damage, like in a warband fight.

You should only use Wounds tactic if you're playing in a 6v6 to survive morale dumps otherwise it's not needed as the gear provides enough Wounds on it's own and pugs rarely do coordinated morale dumps. Replace it with Loudmouth.

Guud at Big Choppin! is obviously required for a 2h build.

Stab You Gooder is also required.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Nefarian78

Post#714 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:12 pm

xarax wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:00 pm so 2h go for 5sov/3warlord?
for def i went 4 sov and 5 invader
5 Off-Sov/3 Warlord WS stacking is what i'm currently running with. There isn't a big difference when it comes to damage compared to Bloodlord. I've noticed a small loss of sustained damage for a small increase of burst damage.

Off-Sov is miles away from what can be considered even a remotely decent 2h tank set, but the higher armor values do really hard-carry the set. If i'm not wrong it should also be getting changed in the near future. More STR/WS/Ini, less Tough and other buffs like the 8HP/4 on the shoulders getting increased to 80HP/4.

gcfbrian

Post#715 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 pm

Spoiler:
Nefarian78 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:00 pm
gcfbrian wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:36 pm Was afraid of that. 5pc dom, 3pc beast, 2pc warrior, gunbad ruby, big fumper, full str/weaponskill as is. Currently r64, running toughness/wounds/Guud at big choppin for tactics, while swapping the 4th around to a handful of different ones. I can't settle on which one I feel is best there - any suggestions?
2h Tanks are very gear dependant (Especially Black Orcs) and you're wearing set that aren't that competitive anymore. Aim for a Sentinel/Beastlord mix and then move on to a Bloodlord/Beastlord Mix to end in a Off-Sov/Warlord mix or a pure Off-Sov although i wouldn't recommend it. In addition to not having great gear you're using tactics that aren't that good for damage.

Use this build.

RoR.builders - Black Orc

Remove the Toughness tactic, use Gork Smash instead. 250 or 500 Toughness makes next to no difference in smallscale. Your survivability comes from Parry. Wounds and Armor obviously are extremely helpful too and the gear comes with enough of both. Toughness is only useful when there's many sources that are constantly outputting damage, like in a warband fight.

You should only use Wounds tactic if you're playing in a 6v6 to survive morale dumps otherwise it's not needed as the gear provides enough Wounds on it's own and pugs rarely do coordinated morale dumps. Replace it with Loudmouth.

Guud at Big Choppin! is obviously required for a 2h build.

Stab You Gooder is also required.
Appreciate the suggestions. 5pc Dominator taunt proc is pretty good, and the stat shift between dominator and sentinel is mostly defense (see https://imgur.com/a/fHYa6w4). I think the damage is just the tactics honestly. I'll definitely do some more testing once I get more sentinel available. 2 more clears to guarantee all the remaining pieces for me (Been playing 11 days). Thanks again.

Nefarian78

Post#716 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:57 pm

gcfbrian wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 pm Appreciate the suggestions. 5pc Dominator taunt proc is pretty good, and the stat shift between dominator and sentinel is mostly defense (see https://imgur.com/a/fHYa6w4). I think the damage is just the tactics honestly. I'll definitely do some more testing once I get more sentinel available. 2 more clears to guarantee all the remaining pieces for me (Been playing 11 days). Thanks again.
I prefer Sentinel to Dominator because it has 70Ini 3 pc bonus, which is extremely good early on. There's not a lot of Ini around until you get to Bloodlord, which has at least 10 ini on almost every piece and 60 on the weapon. Additionally, Sentinel has 5% Parry and that is of critical priority for 2h Tanks. It's a bit high up on the piece requirements but it's still necessary.

Added bonus, you're using the Subj weapon which has the mobility proc iirc and Sentinel has Unconstrained on it. Sometimes both proc and speedy black orcs happen

gcfbrian

Post#717 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:24 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:57 pm
gcfbrian wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:25 pm Appreciate the suggestions. 5pc Dominator taunt proc is pretty good, and the stat shift between dominator and sentinel is mostly defense (see https://imgur.com/a/fHYa6w4). I think the damage is just the tactics honestly. I'll definitely do some more testing once I get more sentinel available. 2 more clears to guarantee all the remaining pieces for me (Been playing 11 days). Thanks again.
I prefer Sentinel to Dominator because it has 70Ini 3 pc bonus, which is extremely good early on. There's not a lot of Ini around until you get to Bloodlord, which has at least 10 ini on almost every piece and 60 on the weapon. Additionally, Sentinel has 5% Parry and that is of critical priority for 2h Tanks. It's a bit high up on the piece requirements but it's still necessary.

Added bonus, you're using the Subj weapon which has the mobility proc iirc and Sentinel has Unconstrained on it. Sometimes both proc and speedy black orcs happen
Yeah, I definitely like the defensive shift as I was debating running more defensive talismans but couldn't justify sacrificing the strength because the damage felt lacking enough as is. I'm sure the tactics were really the pieces to the puzzle I was missing.

jokerspsycho

Post#718 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:35 pm

Nefarian78 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:16 am
zzzRevanzzz wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:30 pm What rr, talismans you recommend for full bloodlord 2h? ty

As DokB said, first reach the breakpoints you want to reach. Once you're comfortable with your stats, invest in Ini and Armor.

Speaking from a 6v6 perspective, most order groups run either double Slayer or ASW-WL. Both require high armor and lots initiative to survive.

Even if you're not interested in 6v6, can't go wrong with ini-armor.
Why run asw over a slayer?

Ads
Nefarian78

Post#719 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:27 am

jokerspsycho wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:35 pm Why run asw over a slayer?
Because aSW has a bigger frontloaded burst than Slayer, in addition of having Shadowstep. With WL, that opens up the option to burst down any target you wish at any time in a 4-5s window.

Rune of Binding one of the healers, Pounce the target while at the same time their tanks get punted and KD'd. Idiot-proof target switch, ez kill 90% of the time.

Nekkma

Post#720 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:30 am

Quick question. I'm doing Gunbad for the first time this evening (as I have realised i never want to farm invader gear again). As an off-tank, can I run it with standard 2h gear and spec or do i need to respec and use snb?
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron