Recent Topics

Ads

Class for Solo PVP

Let's talk about... everything else
kayin

Re: Class for Solo PVP

Post#11 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:50 pm

Marauders are also pretty OP with or without a party so add that to the list. White lion does just ok solo as the counterpart.

Ads
Foofmonger

Post#12 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:59 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:15 pm
StrongUn wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:36 pm
R3xz wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:18 am

Why do I keep hearing how broken they are? I guess people are just attacking a healing WP and couldn't kill them?
Because they do okish damage and heal themsleves, while others cant
Feel like a half decent DoK or WP speced correctly can 1v1 anyone bc of that reason. Also hear about them having big damage when built right but requires target to be under 50% for execution and their healing and sustain with that build isnt good.
Actually this is why Shamans and AMs are the king of solo and specced correctly can 1v1 anyone (or at least force them to run away).

Basically it works like this:

MDPS 1v1: Has some decent chances, and is great against defensive healers, but lacks self sustain so when fighting the hybrid dps/heal builds, they can lose unless they can catch them in a big burst rotation before they can react and heal up. Tend to lose very hard versus defensive tanks.

Tank 1v1: Won't be able to actually catch any range who knows how to kite. Great against MDPS though, not great against DOKs/WPs.

Ranged 1v1: Can kite tanks an wps/doks all day long and will easily win. MDPS vs RDPS is usually a crapshoot of who gets the CC/burst cycles off, RDPS has an advantage usually but MDPS can win. RDPS gets owned hard by the DPS ranged healers.

Melee Healer 1v1: Can usually win most melee fights, but will be kited out and killed (or at least, forced to run away) by component ranged DPS and ranged DPS healers.

Ranged DPS Healer 1v1: Can beat almost everything in a 1v1, but will lack the dps to kill component defensive healers (of which really only MDPS can kill in 1v1s). Will kite out tanks and melee healers for days, absolutely no threat. Can heal through RDPS damage and easily win all 1v1s there, and really just has to not get caught out by MDPS and bursted down which is their only "small" weakness. Sure they can't 1v1 a defensive healer (who can heal through their damage), but almost no-one can so there's that.

Now there's a lot more class based nuance here, but overall the best 1v1 (and 1vX) classes are actually the AM and Shaman. They can do what the WP/DOK does (dealing damage while healing themselves), but they can do it at range and can kite.

Wdova

Post#13 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:49 pm

It is simple. Both Dok and WP damage wise are verry close. Dok has dual wield providing passive +10% parry, while WP must hit target to get 10% parry buff, so with WP buffed up they have the same % parry. Dok has snare covenant which is crucial to catch someone out of melee range, while WP has nothing. Once your target is outside of 5ft melee range only thing You can do is using flee + AP pot and pray Your target not gonna do the same. Doks covenant are far better than WPs prayers.
WP once snare imuner is on CD has no tools to catch up with the targets like other mdpsers has(charge, pounce, pull, snare with range attacks).

I rolled DPS WP to just find out for my self why are they considered so weaker than Dok and this is the case. They have weaker AOE, theyr prayers are less potent(No snare component on damage one and no damage on the heal on hit one, Dont ask me why because I have no idea why it was designed by this) I think both classes deserve charge. Not the 50% speed one like classis MDPS, but even 30% will help a bit to not be kited to the death.

Edit:

Pretty much what Foofmonger described above. From 1v1 any class perspective and for solo, AM and DPS shammans wins hands down.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Orton14

Post#14 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:11 pm

OK thx, but are they also viable for Forts etc.? As i said, my primary intention wasn't doing focused 1vs1. I'd like to be viable in as many Endgame content as possible without the urgent need of a guard, a buff of an other class or sth else.
Thanks so far :)

Eathisword

Post#15 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:30 pm

I haven't played in a while, but nonetheless, IB and BG are pretty dope for solo. They can beat/draw versus anything. And they are good in groups too.
Farfadet, RR72 shaman
Volgograd, RR80 IB
Video thread here.

Starx

Post#16 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:04 pm

Orton14 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:20 am Hey there,
because of a time issue i think that i will never be able to play Endgame in a fully coordinated and overpowered Guild or Premade group.
So i dont think, that Things like being guarded 24/7 or always getting full group Support work for me.

So my Question:
Which class (Desto and Order) is able / the best to play Endgame without being in need for a full Support by other Players. I mean buffs, guards, special healers that focus me etc.
I still plan to play in any random groups

Thanks a lot
Orton
No guard means MDPS is out of the question

Low healing rules out sorc/bw

That leaves you with Magus/Engineer, or DPS AM/Sham, the latter group being pretty much hated/unwanted in any content. Be ready to have ppl constantly complain about your presence in scs/city even if you play well.

edit: also to talk about 1v1 specifically, its DEAD we dont have active zones with less than 100 people in them anymore even at 3am NA time. You can go look for 1v1's but good F'ing luck. There also isn't a dueling scene on this server like live had because we all know the game 100x better than we used to and even the thought of dueling brings up 1000 red flags about 1v1 balance.

ToXoS

Post#17 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:18 pm

Don't play solo WE, it is nothing like playing a solo WH.
Unlike WE, WH doesn't have to face the loads of WL, DPS AM, Riposte WH and ASW, which are all very common and good solo classes that have the means to kill your WE pretty easily.

Wdova

Post#18 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 am

ToXoS wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:18 pm Don't play solo WE, it is nothing like playing a solo WH.
Unlike WE, WH doesn't have to face the loads of WL, DPS AM, Riposte WH and ASW, which are all very common and good solo classes that have the means to kill your WE pretty easily.
Right, because as WH You have to face pouncing meatballs everywhere who CC You to the death, Marauder pulls, choppa pulls, Riposte Choppas Maras and WEs, DPS shammans :D

No its the same on both sides.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Ads
StrongUn

Post#19 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:18 am

Wdova wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:04 am
ToXoS wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 11:18 pm Don't play solo WE, it is nothing like playing a solo WH.
Right, because as WH You have to face pouncing meatballs everywhere who CC You to the death, Marauder pulls, choppa pulls, Riposte Choppas Maras and WEs, DPS shammans :D

No its the same on both sides.
White lions are far way stronger than meatballs, never seen riposte choppas/maras/wes while playin order

Everyone in order goes riposte
since barracudas riposte crap videos everyone runs it, even DPS AM would use riposte if they could :lol:

Aceventura45

Post#20 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:30 am

The thing about this game is it's not suppose to be played solo. It's very much a team game. Some classes work great in teamplay and fail hard in solo fights. There isn't a class that's great in solo, and terrible in team fights. Its more like great in solo, and "ok" in team fight. So because of this fact, most people will run in groups and therefore there wouldn't be many opportunities for you to play solo. You can build a character for solo play, but you will be severely limited in what you can do in team fights, which is 99% of the game. I highly recommend you reconsider your decision to play solo. Just pug it, if you don't have the time. You will enjoy yourself alot more being an asset to a Warband instead of just another body.