Recent Topics

Ads

This is normal? (Nerf riposte plz)

Let's talk about... everything else
Martok

Re: This is normal? (Nerf riposte plz)

Post#31 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:22 pm

Sofong wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:57 pmi remember someone made like 50 movies with the parry rampage roa nonsense lol

The comment quoted above wins the internet.

Funny stuff.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Ads
Glorian

Post#32 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:25 pm

Nothing new, WE can't kill a class out of the 12 order classes. Not using core mechanics like jumping out of stealth. Order Class needs clearly a nerf.

And after the Shatter limbs nerf, nerf everything else the class has to fight destro head on.

Sarnai

Post#33 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:36 pm

A lot of this is coming off as some kind of indirect attempt to nerf slayers/rampage, but it's WH/WEs who will suffer the most from it.
WH looking for gunbad left

mpa3b

Post#34 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:43 pm

Glorian wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:25 pm Nothing new, WE can't kill a class out of the 12 order classes. Not using core mechanics like jumping out of stealth. Order Class needs clearly a nerf.
you see only WE and slayer,but theme is about riposte, every mele has the same tactic.I think that with an equal gear any mele dd in the game die only from a ripost,(maybe except full armor tals)

Grock

Post#35 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:51 pm

Riposte is one of the most passive, boring and yet overpowered mechanics there is.

As fun as it is to see people melt themselves without you hitting them even once it is absolutely not a healthy mechanic and makes melee 1v1 an absolute **** circus.

Ideally the tactic needs a target-based cooldown - i.e. each target can be damaged only once in X seconds (1-2 imo), so the tactic still remains useful in situations against multiple enemies.
If the tactic gets internal proc cooldown instead then it will be pretty much dead and only slightly useful in pure 1v1.

p.s. Alinchik is 84 already? what the hell, time flies
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

anarchypark

Post#36 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:45 pm

I've lost against riposte build like 90%+ rate on 1:1 melee.
that's not a problem.
issue is it's almost perfect game each time.
I wanna play game against them,
not just passive auto game.

give us fighting chance.
not talking about 1:1.
they can have auto win, i'm asking at least 50% hp after fight. or even lower 30~40%.
it opens window to escalate battle.
longer fight have high chance of adds.

it'll be still strong build with 1~2sec ICD .
SM8, SW8, AM8, WL7, KoBS5, BW5, WP8, WH7, IB7, Eng5, RP5, SL6
BG8, Sorc8, DoK8, WE7, Chs8, Mg8, Ze7, Mara8, BO6, SH7, Shm5, Chop4
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2020.06.09)

StrongUn

Post#37 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:58 pm

Glorian wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:25 pm Nothing new, WE can't kill a class out of the 12 order classes. Not using core mechanics like jumping out of stealth. Order Class needs clearly a nerf.

And after the Shatter limbs nerf, nerf everything else the class has to fight destro head on.

toffikx

Post#38 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:36 pm

Grock wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:51 pm Riposte is one of the most passive, boring and yet overpowered mechanics there is.

As fun as it is to see people melt themselves without you hitting them even once it is absolutely not a healthy mechanic and makes melee 1v1 an absolute **** circus.

Ideally the tactic needs a target-based cooldown - i.e. each target can be damaged only once in X seconds (1-2 imo), so the tactic still remains useful in situations against multiple enemies.
If the tactic gets internal proc cooldown instead then it will be pretty much dead and only slightly useful in pure 1v1.
A post that actually made sense. How...refreshing.

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#39 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:59 am

I'm torn between finding it amusing and sad that WE/WH are in such poor states that they'll literally kill themselves hitting a guy in ruin gear.

Grock

Post#40 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:23 am

They absolutely don't. A simple stealth opener with KD from the back on that slayer would've been enough - 6k health is nothing against a witch elf, you're just asking to die in a knockdown.
Plus If you circle around the enemy you will very often land a 'backstab' due to latency and server async, even if your opponent perfectly matches your position.

And to be honest WE/WH can stack even more parry than Slayer/Choppa - they have 10% extra parry tactic on top of everything else, and due to exponential* nature of defensive stat stacking in this game these extra 10% are actually quite a big deal.
On top of that WH has a non-morale ability that gives 100% parry, while WE should be able to proc her Kisses and Witchbrew with Riposte procs, making it a lot more deadly.
(also i wouldn't be surprised if they also have access to 'Reactionary' proc in T4 gear, while sl/ch only have it in T3 Duelist set)

Yet somehow everyone is always complaining about Riposte Slayers, instead of looking deeper into the problem

* - not sure if 'exponential' is the right word here, but basically if you're at 50% parry those extra 10% are twice as effective than when you had 0 parry.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)