Recent Topics

Ads

Old Visual Effects

A place for people to post their RvR or PvE videos.
Just hope you're not the target :)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
adapter
Suspended

Old Visual Effects

Post#1 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:11 am

I wish Shaman could have this Visual Effects now, the Fists of Gork look so awesome, too bad it's on a M4 that rarely gets used,would be so awesome to have as a 10s Cooldown AoE Ability of some sense. Also the one similar to Brain Bursta looks neat.

Is there a chance of improving Visual Effects of all careers?

Click here to watch on YouTube
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
Kinja

Re: Old Visual Effects

Post#2 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:11 am

I doubt it. The game never looked that good on release. Either the engine couldn't properly handle the effects and they had to be toned down in general(which is very likely considering the game's awful performance back then) or that was just a vertical slice of the game meant only for PR purposes and the game was never supposed to look like that.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:20 am

Most of these shaman effects are ingame and were already used by me when i had the honor to play as gazbag in the high king vs warlord event we did back in 2016. You can see some of it in this youtube video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gfA2uRGjj9E

Kinja

Post#4 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:39 am

saupreusse wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:20 am Most of these shaman effects are ingame and were already used by me when i had the honor to play as gazbag in the high king vs warlord event we did back in 2016. You can see some of it in this youtube video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gfA2uRGjj9E
Any idea if the server/game could handle every shaman having those effects instead of just 1 at a time? Also if you can answer, do all classes have unimplemented better looking skill effects?

Wolferre

Post#5 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:42 am

I would love to see a enhanced update overall for everything, but I do recall this game when it first launched, looked good back then, but compared to newer games it has not aged great.

As i have no developer skills, no idea how easy an overall upgrade of the engine would be, besides look at Star Trek Online, not the best graphics or gameplay, and they just done some enhancements as they went, still looks fine now.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:34 pm

Kinja wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:39 am
saupreusse wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:20 am Most of these shaman effects are ingame and were already used by me when i had the honor to play as gazbag in the high king vs warlord event we did back in 2016. You can see some of it in this youtube video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gfA2uRGjj9E
Any idea if the server/game could handle every shaman having those effects instead of just 1 at a time? Also if you can answer, do all classes have unimplemented better looking skill effects?
My knowledge of wars vfx engine is 0 just like my knowledge about vfx in general :). So im really not the person to tell you whats possible and what is not. My two cents on it: i dont think its a great idea to use these very flashy vfx since it would be too much for the eye in big fights. As far as im concerned i can not even run the game with vfx on as it stands now, so yeah...

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#7 » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:09 pm

If a vfx is broken pls report it on the bug tracker so I can fix it
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer