[SW] A Fellow new SW in Need of a few builds

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
thomas1995

[SW] A Fellow new SW in Need of a few builds

Post#1 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:38 am

I'm actually lvl 20 and i'm in need in some builds, Ranged aswell as assault!
I feel like Ranged isn't as bad as people are telling ( maybe only in city? )
  • The specs? Builds? Stat prio?
  • Renown points ? Where do we need to spend? What's the priority?
  • Roles of every spec? What does Assault in oRvR ? Scout / skirmish ? Etc etc

This thread could help every new SW to actually play their class at the maximum potential.

We know that SW is ''inferior'' to every other class, but SW is a hybrid melee/ranged class, jack of all trades.

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Re: [SW] A Fellow new SW in Need of a few builds

Post#2 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:57 am

Your build is to reroll White Lion or Slayer. No, I'm not joking. SW and WH are gimped in multiple ways and Slayer/White Lion are just a billion times better in every single way.

If you INSIST on playing a shitty, underpowered class, then your only option is Assault. Both ranged specs are completely useless. Unfortunately, you're too low level to actually do it, but when you get to 40/40, here's a pretty standard Assault build: 40/40 SW

When you get higher gear with more ballistic skill, swap out masterful aim for wrist slash.
In case it isn't obvious, Assault is melee.

For renown, dump every single renown point you get into Futile Blows until it's maxed. Then do +ballistic skill, I forget the name. Prioritize ballistic skill in gearing; put an armor talisman in every single open spot of your gear, and chug the 0 skill required 880 armor pot+80 ballistic skill pot.

Don't let shadow sting fall off the target. Shoot broadhead while approaching, then draw blood, then knockdown, and spam the **** out of brutal assault. Use Vengeance regularly.

Finally, do not bother trying to play Scout or Skirmish.

Or you can roll Slayer or White Lion and not rely on gimmicks and do 3 times the damage with more utility, more tools, and easier gameplay.

Manatikik

Post#3 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:54 am

<Montague><Capulet>

Deggiera

Post#4 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:53 am

Mystry wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:57 am Your build is to reroll White Lion or Slayer. No, I'm not joking. SW and WH are gimped in multiple ways and Slayer/White Lion are just a billion times better in every single way.

If you INSIST on playing a shitty, underpowered class, then your only option is Assault. Both ranged specs are completely useless. Unfortunately, you're too low level to actually do it, but when you get to 40/40, here's a pretty standard Assault build: 40/40 SW

When you get higher gear with more ballistic skill, swap out masterful aim for wrist slash.

For renown, dump every single renown point you get into Futile Blows until it's maxed. Then do +ballistic skill, I forget the name. Prioritize ballistic skill in gearing; put an armor talisman in every single open spot of your gear, and chug the 0 skill required 880 armor pot+80 ballistic skill pot.

Don't let shadow sting fall off the target. Shoot broadhead while approaching, then draw blood, then knockdown, and spam the **** out of brutal assault. Use Vengeance regularly.

Or you can roll Slayer or White Lion and not rely on gimmicks and do 3 times the damage with more utility, more tools, and easier gameplay.
Ballistic skill from renown doesnt convert with passive.

Manatikik

Post#5 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:06 am

Deggiera wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:53 am
Mystry wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:57 am Your build is to reroll White Lion or Slayer. No, I'm not joking. SW and WH are gimped in multiple ways and Slayer/White Lion are just a billion times better in every single way.

Yea Mystry is notorious for being clueless while also giving out ‘advice’ and **** talking anything that doesn’t match up to his opinions.

Best bet to get actual useful advice is not listen to any schmuck on the forums but find a good player who is willing to help (I think SW is sitting at about 5 good players on the class that are truly knowledgeable).
<Montague><Capulet>

thomas1995

Post#6 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:18 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:06 am
Deggiera wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:53 am

Yea Mystry is notorious for being clueless while also giving out ‘advice’ and **** talking anything that doesn’t match up to his opinions.

Best bet to get actual useful advice is not listen to any schmuck on the forums but find a good player who is willing to help (I think SW is sitting at about 5 good players on the class that are truly knowledgeable).
Yeah I know him from my WH post.
Unfortunatly

no0kiee

Post#7 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:11 pm

thomas1995 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:38 am I'm actually lvl 20 and i'm in need in some builds, Ranged aswell as assault!

This thread could help every new SW to actually play their class at the maximum potential.

We know that SW is ''inferior'' to every other class, but SW is a hybrid melee/ranged class, jack of all trades.
I'd advice you to stick Skirmish spec until you get Full Vanquisher and rr70, after that you can switch Assault spec https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3952,3948 if you run with 6 man usually you can drop Exploit Weakness for Crosscut. For renown i'm using build around this https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;0;3;0;0

About roles here where SW goes down, Assault spec is the only build feels fine now lategame you can solo/6man/sc/city/pve with it, scout spec is just destroyed by devs, skirmish is fun for daily pew pew RvR even if no one wants you in a WB, the good thing about SW that you don't actually need anyone to enjoy the game, all you need is a good positioning and knowledge when to strike.

thomas1995

Post#8 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:36 pm

no0kiee wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:11 pm
thomas1995 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:38 am I'm actually lvl 20 and i'm in need in some builds, Ranged aswell as assault!

I'd advice you to stick Skirmish spec until you get Full Vanquisher and rr70, after that you can switch Assault spec https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3952,3948 if you run with 6 man usually you can drop Exploit Weakness for Crosscut. For renown i'm using build around this https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/r ... ;0;0;3;0;0

About roles here where SW goes down, Assault spec is the only build feels fine now lategame you can solo/6man/sc/city/pve with it, scout spec is just destroyed by devs, skirmish is fun for daily pew pew RvR even if no one wants you in a WB, the good thing about SW that you don't actually need anyone to enjoy the game, all you need is a good positioning and knowledge when to strike.
When you are playing Skirmisher build, do you stance dance into Assault / Scout ? Or you don't stance dance? When do you need to stance dance ?
Thank you for the advice, i was atm playing Scout since I was telling myself that if i play from range, why not play from full range.

Thank you in advance

Ads
Mystry
Suspended

Post#9 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:28 pm

Manatikik wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:06 am Yea Mystry is notorious for being clueless while also giving out ‘advice’ and **** talking anything that doesn’t match up to his opinions.
I'm notorious for wanting to steer people away from classes that aren't good so they don't have the exact same experience I did with leveling no less than three of them (DPS WP/SW/WH) and being disappointed with each one. And my 'opinions' are based on facts and math.
thomas1995 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:36 pm When you are playing Skirmisher build, do you stance dance into Assault / Scout ? Or you don't stance dance? When do you need to stance dance ?
Thank you for the advice, i was atm playing Scout since I was telling myself that if i play from range, why not play from full range.

Thank you in advance
Skirmish doesn't really need to stance dance that much. If someone charges up to you, you might dip into assault for more armor and parry until you can get away though.
Deggiera wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:53 am Ballistic skill from renown doesnt convert with passive.
Disappointing. I assumed it did.

Deggiera

Post#10 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:10 pm

Mystry wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:28 pm
Manatikik wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:06 am Yea Mystry is notorious for being clueless while also giving out ‘advice’ and **** talking anything that doesn’t match up to his opinions.
I'm notorious for wanting to steer people away from classes that aren't good so they don't have the exact same experience I did with leveling no less than three of them (DPS WP/SW/WH) and being disappointed with each one. And my 'opinions' are based on facts and math.
thomas1995 wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:36 pm When you are playing Skirmisher build, do you stance dance into Assault / Scout ? Or you don't stance dance? When do you need to stance dance ?

Thank you in advance
Skirmish doesn't really need to stance dance that much. If someone charges up to you, you might dip into assault for more armor and parry until you can get away though.
Deggiera wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:53 am Ballistic skill from renown doesnt convert with passive.
Disappointing. I assumed it did.
its only base gear stats, so renownand potions/buffs dont convert.
Last edited by Deggiera on Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.