Recent Topics

Ads

Class for Solo PVP

Let's talk about... everything else
Orton14

Re: Class for Solo PVP

Post#21 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:47 am

For sure i plan running in Groups also. But with no support i meant, that i think that during RvR oder SC it's hard to find a Tank who is a permanent guard or a heal that's focused on me while playing in random groups

Ads
zatoh

Post#22 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:34 pm

From my experience with similar restrictions (usually playing solo, following zerg, usually joining wb only for sieges):

Tanks
If you aren't in a group you can't guard and even if you are in one it's usually with 5 ranged characters that never regularly take damage. You can do some cheeky trickle damage/heal with things like SM heal tactics and IB overprotective but it feels like you could contribute more with other archetypes. Tanks are probably the ones most dependent on a group because of aforementioned guard, buffs (KOTBS especially), and focused heals and sharing M4 for pushing.

Healers
I heard that you don't get renown for out of group healing anymore, which would be a shame because I really enjoyed solo healer AM. AM gets several fun support spells and can self pump to do the damage tree M4 every minute. Instant rez is really good. There aren't really many important group-only spells, the resist buff benefits group but there are better buffs for that.
Haven't really played RP.
WP gets a fun AOE heal that heals anyone in the vicinity. Bonus point for all caster healers is that you never have to rely on the charity of others for restoring your own health.

Melee damage
Witch hunter is... well. Many things have been said about him recently and few of them are good. You might enjoy the 1v1 ambushing gameplay but beginning a WH is painful, and later it's still painful but at least you look cooler. Infiltrating keeps to get on the oil is fun but risky; with other melee dps you can rarely even get on the battlements unless the keep is vacant. In zerg vs zerg battles it is hard to contribute in a meaningful way. Dragon Gun got nerfed.
Haven't played slayer much but people usually say he is good but very group dependent.
As for WL I have to say that my favorite is the loner AOE build. Mobility is quite good with no CD pounce and you don't have to worry about the fleabag constantly dying to AOE. In wb battles and keeps it is not too hard to spam your AOE damage and in smaller skirmishes, single target damage isn't bad either. Great M2 (1200 damage to enemies in front, still unlisted in builder). One bad thing is that you basically have no self-heals.

Ranged damage
SW: people usually say that assault is the only viable spec and it requires RR70 to get shadow sting as well. This feels like a troublesome class to me, and people also usually say SW is worthless for WB. For this kind of soloing I think engineer is better.
Haven't played BW much either.
Engineer would be my second choice along with AM, recently tried playing my farming engineer in RVR with a magnet spec. Even with crappy gear and low RR you can do decent damage and have many useful support abilities. Magnet is a really useful and evil ability as we all know. Extra ammo is a very helpful tactic and benefits everyone, not just group members. Out of group, keg is a small selfheal and a decent aoe heal in groups, with near 100% uptime. Pierce defenses is a cool tactic which the engineer can easily apply with blunderbuss blast and flame turret (Which also increase your ranged avoidance). Because of this, armor buff and racial armor tactic, engi can be surprisingly tanky too. There isn't really any situation in open rvr where you don't feel like you can contribute. So I would recommend trying engi or AM, on order side at least, don't know how the spiky mirrors play like.

Orton14

Post#23 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:18 pm

zatoh wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:34 pm From my experience with similar restrictions (usually playing solo, following zerg, usually joining wb only for sieges):

Tanks
If you aren't in a group you can't guard and even if you are in one it's usually with 5 ranged characters that never regularly take damage. You can do some cheeky trickle damage/heal with things like SM heal tactics and IB overprotective but it feels like you could contribute more with other archetypes. Tanks are probably the ones most dependent on a group because of aforementioned guard, buffs (KOTBS especially), and focused heals and sharing M4 for pushing.

Healers
I heard that you don't get renown for out of group healing anymore, which would be a shame because I really enjoyed solo healer AM. AM gets several fun support spells and can self pump to do the damage tree M4 every minute. Instant rez is really good. There aren't really many important group-only spells, the resist buff benefits group but there are better buffs for that.
Haven't really played RP.
WP gets a fun AOE heal that heals anyone in the vicinity. Bonus point for all caster healers is that you never have to rely on the charity of others for restoring your own health.

Melee damage
Witch hunter is... well. Many things have been said about him recently and few of them are good. You might enjoy the 1v1 ambushing gameplay but beginning a WH is painful, and later it's still painful but at least you look cooler. Infiltrating keeps to get on the oil is fun but risky; with other melee dps you can rarely even get on the battlements unless the keep is vacant. In zerg vs zerg battles it is hard to contribute in a meaningful way. Dragon Gun got nerfed.
Haven't played slayer much but people usually say he is good but very group dependent.
As for WL I have to say that my favorite is the loner AOE build. Mobility is quite good with no CD pounce and you don't have to worry about the fleabag constantly dying to AOE. In wb battles and keeps it is not too hard to spam your AOE damage and in smaller skirmishes, single target damage isn't bad either. Great M2 (1200 damage to enemies in front, still unlisted in builder). One bad thing is that you basically have no self-heals.

Ranged damage
SW: people usually say that assault is the only viable spec and it requires RR70 to get shadow sting as well. This feels like a troublesome class to me, and people also usually say SW is worthless for WB. For this kind of soloing I think engineer is better.
Haven't played BW much either.
Engineer would be my second choice along with AM, recently tried playing my farming engineer in RVR with a magnet spec. Even with crappy gear and low RR you can do decent damage and have many useful support abilities. Magnet is a really useful and evil ability as we all know. Extra ammo is a very helpful tactic and benefits everyone, not just group members. Out of group, keg is a small selfheal and a decent aoe heal in groups, with near 100% uptime. Pierce defenses is a cool tactic which the engineer can easily apply with blunderbuss blast and flame turret (Which also increase your ranged avoidance). Because of this, armor buff and racial armor tactic, engi can be surprisingly tanky too. There isn't really any situation in open rvr where you don't feel like you can contribute. So I would recommend trying engi or AM, on order side at least, don't know how the spiky mirrors play like.
Wow thank you for such an Explanation. I did some oRvR today with open Groups what was really fun. But for sure things like communication, especially buffing each other with mandatory buffs isn't the same as in a coordinated Group. Am i able to use this list for destro with the Mirror classes also or are there some vacant differences? And is it still viable when i don't wanna go RvR solo but in random open Groups?

zatoh

Post#24 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:07 pm

My highest destro character was a level 5 chosen in live so I can't say for certain but I know these important differences to the order classes I mentioned:

-Marauder, Squig Herder: It's better not to say anything regarding what classes these mirror, they are both rather different from either Shadow Warrior or White Lion. I think SH is the only Destro class with Pierce Defenses. Marauder might be interesting since it also has aoe spam but better survivability and more utility/support stuff than loner lion
-Magus: has certain "caster" attributes in favor of the "physical ranged" characteristics engineer has. Doesn't have keg. Does have magnet, or rift rather. Does have a clone of extra ammo. I don't think any of his abilities do physical damage unlike engi, which can be a problem for them.
-Shaman: has a group-based proc morale pump instead of a single-target one you can spam on anyone
-Zealot has a really annoying (for order) channeled knockback spam ability that ignores immunities. RP doesn't have an equivalent. Works better with group protection but worth mentioning I think

For grouping, many people have said that some warbands are really rude and uptight but I haven't encountered these. Groups advertising in chat are likely to be more discerning. The safest bet is joining "overflow" WBs which are basically just there to provide the benefits of a loose group to those following a bigger zerg, usually a keep siege. There is basically no etiquette breach in joining or leaving whenever you want for these as is supposedly the case for all open WBs. However if you join a WB you should always try stay with the group unless told to split up, a warband is no good if everyone's scattered all over the place. Lastly it's a good idea to look at the composition before joining. If there are already 8 engineers, another one might not be so welcome so it's often wise to choose to join a group where your particular class or archetype is underrepresented.

Alsayr

Post#25 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 8:22 pm

Its not solo friendly game, You not have horde of campanions to use it. Team play focused game, but maybe with some situation You can find solo content for any classes.
Image Ashghul | Image Snurfz | Image Kyrathrin / Karak Azgal