Recent Topics

Ads

Differences between dps AM and dps Sham?

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Mystry
Suspended

Re: Differences between dps AM and dps Sham?

Post#11 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:08 am

Starx wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:15 am There is no Matchmaker, if I que on a bw instead of DPS am you now have even less healing. I could understand this argument if a DPS AM was taking a healer slot in city or a scenario but thats not the case. If the DPS am isnt trash they can dance around 1/1 mechanic and provide some off healing, healer morales, and a small drip feed of hots. Ya its pretty bad especially now that on top of divine fury we also have another 20% healdebuff but id rather my 6th slot in a party with no heals be a dps am than another bw.
There is a matchmaking system; I don't know the specifics but I know that the game will try to launch scenarios with even teams and an even amount of healers and tanks on each team. The problem is that if one of you is a "dps" AM/WP/RP, then you're taking a healer slot but doing no healing.

Ads
Starx

Post#12 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:49 am

Mystry wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:08 am
Starx wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:15 am There is no Matchmaker, if I que on a bw instead of DPS am you now have even less healing. I could understand this argument if a DPS AM was taking a healer slot in city or a scenario but thats not the case. If the DPS am isnt trash they can dance around 1/1 mechanic and provide some off healing, healer morales, and a small drip feed of hots. Ya its pretty bad especially now that on top of divine fury we also have another 20% healdebuff but id rather my 6th slot in a party with no heals be a dps am than another bw.
There is a matchmaking system; I don't know the specifics but I know that the game will try to launch scenarios with even teams and an even amount of healers and tanks on each team. The problem is that if one of you is a "dps" AM/WP/RP, then you're taking a healer slot but doing no healing.
There is no matchmaker for scenarios outside of ranked solo, and neither is there for city. And on top of that the devs have had the ability to differentiate dps healers for a long time and its implemented already in ranked solo and city stage 3 for champion picking.

Zamoth

Post#13 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:14 am

The Myth lives on....
NO, you don't block/steal/take a healers spot as a dps AM/Git. You count as dps in the matchmaking. So pls stop spreading those nasty fake news. :-)
Deadwing 85
Zamoth 80
Verthexxa 84

Zumzat

Post#14 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:00 am

Omegus wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:46 am Just a reminder that there are no "solo scenarios". You might queue solo but you're queueing for a team-based game mode so expect rage if your side is losing.
There is actually plenty of room for solo game play in any scenario with multiple objectives. You either control an objective 1v1/1v2, or drag and kite significant portion of hostile team so your team gets advantage at other objectives.

As for single objective scenarios, well you can either exclude them from the list of just join the crowd and do the regular dps work.

Ghostweed

Post#15 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 pm

AM vs Shamy

AM: +DOT, +AP, +CC, +CritsDebuff, +Morale, +3rdTree, +HD, +SpiritDMG
-Looks n Lore, -KiteSurvive, -BurstDMG, -KiteHeal

Shamy: +Looks n Lore, +ToughDebuff, +BurstDMG, +KiteHeal, +MoralPump, +KiteSurvive,
-DOT, -AP, -CC, -Moral, -3rdTree, -EleDMG

IMO AM is slightly better but Shamy is more awesome. Also everything what Jabba said.
Gorrgfang da Shaman & Gokrok da Black Orc

Starx

Post#16 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:27 am

Ghostweed wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:03 pm AM vs Shamy

AM: +DOT, +AP, +CC, +CritsDebuff, +Morale, +3rdTree, +HD, +SpiritDMG
-Looks n Lore, -KiteSurvive, -BurstDMG, -KiteHeal

Shamy: +Looks n Lore, +ToughDebuff, +BurstDMG, +KiteHeal, +MoralPump, +KiteSurvive,
-DOT, -AP, -CC, -Moral, -3rdTree, -EleDMG

IMO AM is slightly better but Shamy is more awesome. Also everything what Jabba said.
I'd say AM is much better than shammy, there's a reason there's 10 DPS AM's for every DPS shaman you see. Both of these specs are completely relegated to solo/small scale. No one is running DPS Sham/AM in 6 mans, no one wants them in city. So its about solo, and destro has some really bad matchups 1v1 across the board. AM doesn't deal with WL, BAL WH, Engineers plastered everywhere, DPS AM (who wins bc cleanse types) etc... Getting kills when theres 800 ppl in the zone means you need good burst, AM HD does a ton of dmg, Shaman basically wastes an entire GCD applying there as it does no dmg, they just dont have the umpfh. Being more tanky than AM and being able to kite better really means F all right now imo. DPS shaman is slightly better in groups than DPS AM for warband level play but like like coming in first for the special olympics where only 2 ppl participated.