Recent Topics

Ads

City contribution????

Let's talk about... everything else
Joshwa70

City contribution????

Post#1 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:24 am

what is the formula.. how is it decided? how come I can come in top 10 in damage and kills in every city and can't get above a 21 contribution. I do everything I possibly can and might get 1 white bag a city if I"m lucky, not to mention ever get a gold or a purple. What are the factors for calculation?

Ads
Tenhi

Re: City contribution????

Post#2 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:50 am

I made a post about it before. DPS doesnt get good Contribution since they "fixed" it 2 weeks after City release. It has been broken since.

Most answers I got were pretty much just "lol you just dont want to give tanks and heal bags" or "why should dps deserve bags"...

Arbich
Suspended

Post#3 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:53 am

Maybe the city-pros know, but won't tell you. A general note: top 10 in dps is either quite average (if you count destro and order) or abyssal bad (if you count only destro or order). There are 4 groups on each side with 2dps in each group. So 8 dps on each side or 16 in total. Top 10 means nothing.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Tenhi

Post#4 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:57 am

Arbich wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:53 am Maybe the city-pros know, but won't tell you. A general note: top 10 in dps is either quite average (if you count destro and order) or abyssal bad (if you count only destro or order). There are 4 groups on each side with 2dps in each group. So 8 dps on each side or 16 in total. Top 10 means nothing.
Eh I placed top 3 DPS (out of all DPS in the City) and still ended up with 18th pre roll during stage 1 in IC def (as Destro). The other DPS didnt place much better either... top dmg Sorc placed 16th...

Edit: But you are right that I have no clue how it works. For me it feels more like it doesnt for DPS.

Joshwa70

Post#5 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:04 am

I didn't say it was special.. but i'm also not an aoe class. SO, I feel like I'm holding my own and should be in the 12-15 range.. at least sometimes... but it's literally NEVER higher then 21, and, the one time it was was when I was a champ.. put auto walk on and walked strait through to the other side of the enemy never firing an abilty, placing 16th. I feel like, what is my motivation. I can go afk and literally get the same contribution.

Arbich
Suspended

Post#6 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:45 am

I don't know how it works (and don't care that much), but my experience as healer ( premised on high healing numbers) is good contribution stage 1, bad contribution stage 2, very good contribution stage 3.

Devs won't tell you how it works. I saw dps with high contribution, so it doesn't seem biased. It's hard to measure anyway. How much contribution get a good challenge from tank? Or interrupt? Was it useful or wasted? Contribution is a closed book, you shouldn't care that much. Your activity in city still gives you the opportunity to win the stage and get your emblems this way.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Foltestik

Post#7 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:57 am

i mostly end top dps and DBs (for all or for order only) and never get better contri then 8. dont know what to do as dps

cursedflesh

Post#8 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:01 pm

my last few cities as dps in pug get surprising results - the less u do, the better bag u get ... ppl with 0 dmg/ 0 heal in stage mostly gest gold/purple bag
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

Ads