Recent Topics

Ads

Balancing Kotbs VS Chossen!

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Detangler

Re: Balancing Kotbs VS Chossen!

Post#61 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:06 pm

synthrocker wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:01 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:59 am
teiloh wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:57 am

Nope. Stay Focused is good but it's hardly exceptional among tactics.
It's one of the best tactics in the game.
It’s a great tactic, hardly one of the best in game, as for reasons listed by others. Also you have to waste running a **** aura(as they said stay focused would “mirror” chosen version when they took the AP gain away, which they didn’t it’s such a weak heal it’s laughable) so you waste a aura to take up a tactic slot, meh. And with the abundance of great group related tactics knights have, that’s a tall order.
How much hp do you think the chosen's aura heals for? You're acting like healing for ~150 hp over 3 seconds is some game changing broken aura. It's a useless aura that's not even worth running when no healers are around.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Ads
synthrocker

Post#62 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:06 pm
M0rw47h wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:59 am

It's one of the best tactics in the game.
It’s a great tactic, hardly one of the best in game, as for reasons listed by others. Also you have to waste running a **** aura(as they said stay focused would “mirror” chosen version when they took the AP gain away, which they didn’t it’s such a weak heal it’s laughable) so you waste a aura to take up a tactic slot, meh. And with the abundance of great group related tactics knights have, that’s a tall order.
How much hp do you think the chosen's aura heals for? You're acting like healing for ~150 hp over 3 seconds is some game changing broken aura. It's a useless aura that's not even worth running when no healers are around.
Exactly as you and I just stated it’s a useless aura. So you waste a aura slot and have to take up a tactic slot. I was just saying the reason the devs took the AP gain from the aura was to mirror chosen and they didn’t even do that lol.

So we agree it’s a useless aura. So you essentially take up two slots of a knights options to just benefit from one tactic
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

Detangler

Post#63 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:57 pm

synthrocker wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Exactly as you and I just stated it’s a useless aura. So you waste a aura slot and have to take up a tactic slot. I was just saying the reason the devs took the AP gain from the aura was to mirror chosen and they didn’t even do that lol.

So we agree it’s a useless aura. So you essentially take up two slots of a knights options to just benefit from one tactic
No, i said its a useless aura without the 15% heal buff for the group. I was pointing out that the heal numbers difference between the knight and chosen (if there even is one, career builder is a lie) is so negligible that its not even worth pointing out. They are both too small to make any difference in any situation. Do you really think an extra 20 or 40 hp over 3 seconds is really that big a deal in the grand scheme of things? maybe its about 15% less healing than the chosen one. hmm, i wonder why.

If i had the option to run a 15% heal buff tactic on my chosen on any aura in the arsenal, you bet i would run that all day every day in 6man+. The AP gain was just gravy, over the top powerful, and rightfully removed.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

synthrocker

Post#64 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:30 pm

Detangler wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:57 pm
synthrocker wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 4:09 pm

No, i said its a useless aura without the 15% heal buff for the group. I was pointing out that the heal numbers difference between the knight and chosen (if there even is one, career builder is a lie) is so negligible that its not even worth pointing out. They are both too small to make any difference in any situation. Do you really think an extra 20 or 40 hp over 3 seconds is really that big a deal in the grand scheme of things? maybe its about 15% less healing than the chosen one. hmm, i wonder why.

If i had the option to run a 15% heal buff tactic on my chosen on any aura in the arsenal, you bet i would run that all day every day in 6man+. The AP gain was just gravy, over the top powerful, and rightfully removed.
We agree that the aura is useless. I’m pointing out the reason why the deva changed it, and they legit didn’t even change it the way they said they were going too. That’s all, I understand the 30hp or so is negligible. But the reasoning was that they were mirroring chosen aura, and took away the AP gain BECAUSE the chosen aura healed more. Whack.

And again, it’s a great tactic, but having to keep up a shite aura for it sucks when there are other much better auras...

Or bring back aura weaving, if you were good at it you could get in 4 auras. Wouldn’t mind that 😂
Birthday Massacre - Knight
Stunt Man - Witch Hunter
Wrx Sti - gimp slayer/butcher farmer
Ralliart Evolution - Real gimp Bright Wizard

warhammer12345

Post#65 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:42 am

The fact is. The kotbs has become ridiculous. That's such a pity. The main thing is that Destro classes have everything ..

RIP Kotbs...

warhammer12345

Post#66 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:48 am

wargrimnir wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:51 pm I believe the true progamer move is to simply walk behind them and punt.
It's not about kicking. It's just a matter of principle that the Kotbs is your ONLY tank that is not a Parri skill / tactic. Okay if he carries a sign okay he gets 15% more Parri. But you have to use a tactic slot and you MUST have a shield. Does Chossen have to carry a sign? BG also does not have to carry a sign. Bo also does not have to carry a sign. Only the kotbs must, and that must not be. Why can't you change the shield rush like this. That if the Kotbs carry 2 hands does 15% Parri and blocks a shield 15%?

carlos

Post#67 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:55 am

This thead is just ridiculous
Starfkr

Plaguewall

Post#68 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:59 am

carlos wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:55 am This thead is just ridiculous
I second this comment.

Can I get an Amen?

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#69 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:00 am

Warhammer12345 yours posts are...
Spoiler:

warhammer12345

Post#70 » Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:13 am

It is so clear that the Destro find this ridiculous. Why should the other faction be buffed too? The karma is still to come. ;)