Recent Topics

Ads

State of the Realm game ruining addon

Let's talk about... everything else
Drewsephy

State of the Realm game ruining addon

Post#1 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:05 pm

I'm sure this has been debated before, but I'm going to bring it up again with the influx of new players (myself included). End game T4 RVR all everyone does is stare at State of the Realm and zerg to where the numbers are indicating a push by one faction or the other. How is there WAR with no element of surprise? This makes it, at times, practically impossible to push objectives with the current large server population.

I think this game would be MUCH more fun if this addon didn't exist and coordinated factions could better utilize the element of surprise

Ads
jtj5002

Re: State of the Realm game ruining addon

Post#2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:07 pm

Nah
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

saupreusse
Developer

Post#3 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:15 pm

Big - 1. For me the game would be unplayable without sor. It shows you fort and city information including timers that the standard ui doesnt show. It tells me where tje fights are and what the enemy might be doing next. Information is too valauable. I wish one day sor becomes a standard ui feature just like buffhead. A man can dream...

wiscel

Post#4 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:51 pm

If only 1 zone is open at the time (like we used to have) people are forced to stay and fight in that zone till it flips, that might fix it. But I do remember it took 3 days to conquer KV back then.
Nasty - R8X Squig Herder
Mehlindy - R8X Witch Elf
Donavicenta - R8X Sorceress

growill

Post#5 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:54 pm

I agree I think that always knowing what's going on everywhere really ruins it. It's like in UO having a mod which tells you if anyone is doing a champ.

No you just need to communicate with your ream, have people scout around etc. Why should I know exactly how many players the other faction has? Just use your eyes, have stealth classes scout the inside of enemy keeps for informations etc etc.

Ofc people "couldn't play without it". It's like everyone having a car. Ofc noone could go around without a car. Though if actually there were no cars we would all walk around and enjoy the trip more

saupreusse
Developer

Post#6 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 pm

growill wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:54 pm I agree I think that always knowing what's going on everywhere really ruins it. It's like in UO having a mod which tells you if anyone is doing a champ.

No you just need to communicate with your ream, have people scout around etc. Why should I know exactly how many players the other faction has? Just use your eyes, have stealth classes scout the inside of enemy keeps for informations etc etc.

Ofc people "couldn't play without it". It's like everyone having a car. Ofc noone could go around without a car. Though if actually there were no cars we would all walk around and enjoy the trip more
No we would not. And i believe you guys are new here but in fact it was a problem not knowing where ppl were fighting and which keep was attacked in what zone with how many players back when sor wasnt here. It was such a big pain for a lot of folks that the staff themselves asked our addon creator sullemunk to develop state of the realm. And it has been only getting more imlortant from them on. How would i know how much longer i have to defend a fortress or if its time to make one last final push if I wouldnt have sor? Its also showing keep tap timers and city points. How would i know if we are about to win the city fight if it wasnt for sor counting all the instance losses/wins? At this point it is just a must have for everyone.

mytreds

Post#7 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:18 pm

SoR has made me a better player and understand the core mechanics of the ORvR game.

Drewsephy

Post#8 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:58 pm

saupreusse wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 8:09 pm
growill wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:54 pm I agree I think that always knowing what's going on everywhere really ruins it. It's like in UO having a mod which tells you if anyone is doing a champ.

No we would not. And i believe you guys are new here but in fact it was a problem not knowing where ppl were fighting and which keep was attacked in what zone with how many players back when sor wasnt here. It was such a big pain for a lot of folks that the staff themselves asked our addon creator sullemunk to develop state of the realm. And it has been only getting more imlortant from them on. How would i know how much longer i have to defend a fortress or if its time to make one last final push if I wouldnt have sor? Its also showing keep tap timers and city points. How would i know if we are about to win the city fight if it wasnt for sor counting all the instance losses/wins? At this point it is just a must have for everyone.
SoR reduces the value and the reward associated with communication, coordination, scouting, planning, etc. This game is RvR centered and the name is WARhammer. There is no app in any WAR situation either real life or fiction that counts troop populations at various positions in real time. While it may make YOUR gaming experience much more convenient, it really reduces the complexity of what this game's creators likely intended and turns what could be a very dynamic pvp scene into a straight zergfest.

Ads
Neshama

Post#9 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:02 pm

I'm inclined to agree that SoR is potentially detrimental to healthy RvR.
Niau - Tropical - Enka - Abrupt

TreefAM

Post#10 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:18 pm

Without it it's gonna be hard to say how many order are afking in their keeps waiting for a siege.