Recent Topics

Ads

Marauders who're quietly enjoying their class....question

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
jeeshadow

Marauders who're quietly enjoying their class....question

Post#1 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:52 pm

Hi,

I'd like to get on my Marauder again and try out leveling. I dont' think I have him a fair shake because of all the negative talk and Greenskin hype, but I love the look and playstyle. So with the current changes, can anyone give me some tips on a good leveling build? He's only lvl15 atm.

Also, if you suggest leveling with Monst, that's cool. But please help me understand your key skills you use in SC's and then the ones you use in WB's. I'll be doing these two forms of leveling primarily.

thanks in advance for any help. :)

If you hate Marauders, no problem. Please just move on. ;)

Ads
Invictos

Re: Marauders who're quietly enjoying their class....question

Post#2 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:34 pm

Bump! My marauder is currently 16 and I was also looking for a good sc leveling build and what renown to shoot for as monstro!

Drozen

Post#3 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:24 pm

Monstro farm.. But in sc you can go for sav/brut when you gett out of t2, should be able to make it work then.. Or possible brute/monstro
LoB & Shitters.

Droze - Chosen
Inches - Ironbreaker
Trenwreck - BlackOrc
Vise - Blackguard
Drozez - KoTOPS!
CasperTFS - Marauder
Drozzen - Warriorpriest
Youtube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCC3fjE ... subscriber

ImbaZephyr

Post#4 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:14 pm

I have a lvl 36 Mara, and so far I'm enjoying the class. Granted, this is the first character that I'm trying to max out, so this might not be the expert opinion you're looking for but here we go:

I level my marauder through a mix of questing, scenarios and rvr. I run the sava/brut spec. What I find with running this spec is that your ability to perform in rvr tends to be limited, and early game scenario can be a bit of pain because you don't have abilities that do substantial damage like the witch elf or choppa.

It does get much better as you level up though. I felt a power spike after I have grabbed Cutting Claw (around lvl 24ish?), and it continues to get better. After grabbing Thunderous Blow mara's DPS starts to become meaningful, and having the wound/armor/heal debuff makes this class a threat to other dps, (and healers, thou this one is iffy).

Personally I'm still experimenting with my stats so I can get more toughness while having enough strength to do good damage. In a non-premade scenario (assuming you have few to no healers and no tank actively guarding you), mara is the most survivable out of all the destro mdps in my opinion. Definitely a fun class to play if you're a solo player.

Foofmonger

Post#5 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:34 pm

If you want to level a Marauder in PvP/SCs your best bet is Brutality and to focus on offensive stats.

That's if you want to kill things. If you want to help other people kill things then you can go Sav. If you want to AoE PvE farm, go monstro.

ImbaZephyr

Post#6 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:37 pm

Interesting. The guides I had been reading were probably a bit dated. Do you have a brutality build? I'm interested to try it out.

Foofmonger

Post#7 » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:56 pm

ImbaZephyr wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:37 pm Interesting. The guides I had been reading were probably a bit dated. Do you have a brutality build? I'm interested to try it out.
For leveling it's pretty straight forward. Just go grab Guillotene, GI, and MA out of Brutality, then you are a Brutality Marauder whle leveling.

You can then go do a number of things. Generally speaking, I'd either go immediately grab the KD in Monstro as my next move, or Cutting Claw if I wanted to go that direction (optimally, I'd just rather assist another person armor debuffing). You could just keep on keeping on with Brutality and grab WOM if you want though. That's roughly it, if you decide to go for cutting claw/conc jolt prior to WoM, or WoM prior to the others, grab whatever you are missing.

Tactics will generally be Brute Force/Growing Instability early. Once you get up to 3 tactic slots throw Flanking in there. At 32 you will get your 4th slot, you can use either Feeding on Fear (preferable for your own damage) or Deeply Impaled. Eventually you'll get rid of Brute Force and swap it for Piercing Bite, but you don't get that until 39.

ImbaZephyr

Post#8 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:59 am

Foofmonger wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:56 pm
ImbaZephyr wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:37 pm Interesting. The guides I had been reading were probably a bit dated. Do you have a brutality build? I'm interested to try it out.
For leveling it's pretty straight forward. Just go grab Guillotene, GI, and MA out of Brutality, then you are a Brutality Marauder whle leveling.

You can then go do a number of things. Generally speaking, I'd either go immediately grab the KD in Monstro as my next move, or Cutting Claw if I wanted to go that direction (optimally, I'd just rather assist another person armor debuffing). You could just keep on keeping on with Brutality and grab WOM if you want though. That's roughly it, if you decide to go for cutting claw/conc jolt prior to WoM, or WoM prior to the others, grab whatever you are missing.

Tactics will generally be Brute Force/Growing Instability early. Once you get up to 3 tactic slots throw Flanking in there. At 32 you will get your 4th slot, you can use either Feeding on Fear (preferable for your own damage) or Deeply Impaled. Eventually you'll get rid of Brute Force and swap it for Piercing Bite, but you don't get that until 39.
I see. Thanks for sharing.

Generally I think we have grabbed the same set of masteries from Brutality tree. I will have to wait for Mutated Aggressor down the line, since I have prioritized on Savagery for TB.

With that being said, I think spec into Brutality for leveling is a great idea. I find mara's damage output is very lacking in early levels. This should take away some of the pain. (Generally leveling as a Savagery mara in SC is not fun, especially during early levels I feel that I'm not doing enough damage to be contributing).

Ads

Post#9 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:43 pm

for pve farming even at 40 without intention of doing orvr/sc, what kind of gear should I aim to have at 40 to ideally farm