Recent Topics

Ads

Im looking for a new MMO home.. found it? maybe? :D

Come and tell us about yourself.
No better way to be part of the community than starting with a brief hello.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Furyan9x

Im looking for a new MMO home.. found it? maybe? :D

Post#1 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:06 am

Hello everyone! Im installing the game right now and I figured i'd introduce myself. I have been playing mmos since everquest on my uncles PS2. now 18 years later I have played nearly every MMO that has existed except.. somehow, this one. I most recently have played a lot of Albion Online, ESO, GW2, BDO private server and most recently i started playing Eve. Eve is not very fun with no skills so I cannot no-life the game until I have better ships and stuff... also since you just fly a spaceship around it doesnt provide that fun of having an actual character to run around and fight with.

I don't know a single thing about this game other than some knowledge I have about the world from playing total war warhammer 2. Im excited to learn about all the classes and systems and find some people to play and learn with.

I am in NA GMT-6 (its 4 am for me currently I spent all night looking for a new game to play xD) so if anyone has a similar time zone or would like to be my friend hit me up :D

Ads
phononHYPE

Re: Im looking for a new MMO home.. found it? maybe? :D

Post#2 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:00 pm

Greetings and welcome to WAR!

To guess some common questions and add a little bit of advice, play the class that you like the best is commonly said, but you must know that this is generally designed and balanced around group play, so keep that in mind. This games uses the general trinity of tank-healer-dps'er, with each class having three "trees" of talents to choose from as you advance, with each providing general support of one style of play (eg single-target/buff-debuff/aoe specs, or heal-single-target/dps/hybrid-stuff). This allows most classes (even healer or tanks) to have a good set of options.

The combat (realm vs realm, rvr, the traditional pvp stuff you'd expect) was divided into four groups back when this game was "Live", but has been condensed into two groups now. These were Tier 1, T2, T3, and T4, for each of the general level groups (1-10, 11-20...), but now is just T1 and T2-4. Make lots of alts in T1 and try them all out to at least level 11. This will give you a great overview of stuff and help you filter to your style.

Also, heals and tanks on both sides are always nice, but mostly just play what you want, you'll fit in.

Welcome, and hope to see you in the lakes (rvr lakes, pvp combat zones),
Phonon
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative

Hienzwar

Post#3 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:40 pm

Enjoy the game, if you like pvp you will enjoy this. Ask in advice if you need help, friendly enough people there :)

jokerspsycho

Post#4 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:55 pm

New here as well. Definitely having a blast and still trying to find my class so still dont have a lvl40 yet. Might have settled on Witch elf tho.

The game is great if you love pvp (even though the blob pvp is kinda meh) the scenarios (battlegrounds) can be very fun and getting a game with 10pt difference, premade vs premade, is a great feeling. Hope you enjoy it as much as I have and try and bring more people with you.

Dallas2288

Post#5 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:09 pm

Welcome and I hope you are enjoying the game. I too, began on EQOA on PS2. That game and this one are my two favorite MMOs. Maybe you'll think the same. Have fun.
Image Garygygax-BG

MaxHayman
Management

Post#6 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:34 pm

Everquest Online Adventures? :O
Max Hayman

Dallas2288

Post#7 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:52 am

MaxHayman wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:34 pm Everquest Online Adventures? :O
Yes sir. Did you play it Max ?
Image Garygygax-BG

Foofmonger

Post#8 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:56 pm

Post no longer needed - just calling out some marketing trolls, mods deleted the post I reported, please feel free to delete this if you want.
Last edited by Foofmonger on Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Malecus

Post#9 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:36 pm

If you roll a destruction character add me in game, Toofnasha, and I will help you out. Welcome!