Recent Topics

Ads

[Shaman] Potential class mechanic fix

Black Orc, Squig Herder, Choppa, Shaman
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
LazarusParadox

[Shaman] Potential class mechanic fix

Post#1 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:18 pm

hey all! not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I was wondering what y'all thought of the following as a potential way to make our class mechanic more involved and our healing more up to par with DoK and Zlot.

I've seen several people already toying with just playing around a single WAAAGH point and just bouncing back and forth between Gork and Mork in order to improve our abilities. There's actually a decent video of an AM rotation below that showcases the basics of what I'm talking about. Only thing the video doesn't show that I think is important is that Balance Essence/I'll Take That can be cast on the move with even 1 point of WAAAGH.

Video Link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gITC_61rB3w

So my thought is this; would having a base heal value on I'll Take That make this sort of game play and rotation viable? Right now my biggest issue healing is counteracting burst. By using the class mechanic to reduce this we can crank many more heals out and actually gain some mobility with "stutter step" healing. I do think that it would take I'll Take That having a base healing value like Fury of the Green to make this work however because especially in organized play I cant have casts wasted on ZERO healing because of disrupts.

Thoughts?

Ads
Mazdryk

Re: [Shaman] Potential class mechanic fix

Post#2 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:44 pm

Adding a healing component to “I’ll take that” would be a good idea. I do like the Waaagh mechanic because I can play the class like a hybrid. It’s also the most challenging class to play “correctly” at a high level.

jvlosky

Post#3 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:19 am

I don't think Shammy needs any buffs, you're the best kiter in the game with some of the best survivability.

Count your blessings and be glad you aren't an AM

Starx

Post#4 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:40 am

jvlosky wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:19 am I don't think Shammy needs any buffs, you're the best kiter in the game with some of the best survivability.

When has kiting ever mattered a single iota in organized play? You aren't kiting jackshit in city, and even if you could then ppl just wouldnt bother with trying to kill you. 6v6 no one is ever going to go for a healer without a 10 sec root setup and in terms of locking down healers they would just go for Z/DOK before bothering with you anyways.

Shaman and AM are bottom tier healers for all content besides running around the lake solo as DPS spec. And WOWIE I guess I can log on at 3am and kite slayers and tanks around the lake until I get run over by a warband what fun.

Fey

Post#5 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:48 am

Run Between Worlds>Run Away for current endgame content. AM be thankful your not a Shaman.
Fley - Zealot Domoarigobbo - Shaman
Squid - Squig Squit - B.O.
Black Toof Clan

havartii

Post#6 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:15 am

I have been trying heals on AM and they have some tactics that look like they may be worth a darn on a hybrid class. Both Isha's Encouragement and Apotheosis look like they were made to sync . But I don't think the group cleanse works and I have not seen the heal proc off the cleanse, if it has the value is way to low to even matter. But the theory behind those would be a contender if they worked together. I will have to do more testing, I am just going off playing with them, not seeing dots removed, nor am I seeing heal proc off the group cleanse.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Feomatar1
Suspended

Post#7 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:27 am

Shama dps needs nerfs, heals are fine lol.

p00ky

Post#8 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:17 am

Starx wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:40 am
jvlosky wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:19 am I don't think Shammy needs any buffs, you're the best kiter in the game with some of the best survivability.

When has kiting ever mattered a single iota in organized play? You aren't kiting jackshit in city, and even if you could then ppl just wouldnt bother with trying to kill you. 6v6 no one is ever going to go for a healer without a 10 sec root setup and in terms of locking down healers they would just go for Z/DOK before bothering with you anyways.

Shaman and AM are bottom tier healers for all content besides running around the lake solo as DPS spec. And WOWIE I guess I can log on at 3am and kite slayers and tanks around the lake until I get run over by a warband what fun.
We seem to be topping or coming in second in most organized cities at the moment though so hmmm :shock: :mrgreen:

Ads
Starx

Post#9 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:18 pm

p00ky wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:17 am

We seem to be topping or coming in second in most organized cities at the moment though so hmmm :shock: :mrgreen:
? Every good WB runs sham/AM because insta res is OP in this really lame chain res meta when 2 good groups go at it, but I promise you aren't kiting anything and shaman is better at surviving just bc of auto detaunt being a cool and balanced tactic. And then shaman morale pump being just way easier to use.

p00ky

Post#10 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:51 am

Starx wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:18 pm
p00ky wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:17 am

? Every good WB runs sham/AM because insta res is OP in this really lame chain res meta when 2 good groups go at it, but I promise you aren't kiting anything and shaman is better at surviving just bc of auto detaunt being a cool and balanced tactic. And then shaman morale pump being just way easier to use.
Your right about the insta rezz, prob one of the best things AM/shm bring to the table. Morale pump is ok for cities and forts but it is a tactic slot so cant normally run with it, same as the auto detaunt being another tactic which not that many slot as the tactic to grant faster running speed when hit grants more survivability, specially as there are already 2 other detaunts ready to use.