Ads

The Thunder Valley problem

Let's talk about... everything else
toffikx

Re: The Thunder Valley problem

Post#51 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:43 pm

Caduceus wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:41 pm
toffikx wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:18 pm
What a mic drop, dude. You nailed it. We should remove all the other sc’s and just keep Thunder Valley. Then make a ranked version out of it so all the competitive elitist tryhards can have something to do.
If that's what you get from my post, I don't know what to tell you.
Yes, yes. You are again correct.
You are the hero we need but do not deserve.

Ads
Sulorie

Post#52 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:48 pm

I suggest to reduce the flag cap time in TV, that you don't risk standing too long on a flag and risk being engaged by some elitist tryhard, who abuses you with his class abilities.
Dying is no option.

Caduceus

Post#53 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:55 pm

toffikx wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:43 pm
You're damn right about that.

But go ahead and present an argument instead of this childish attempt at trolling.
"I watched a snail crawl along the edge of a straight razor. That's my dream; that's my nightmare. Crawling, slithering, along the edge of a straight razor... and surviving." - Colonel Walter E. Kurtz

toffikx

Post#54 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Caduceus wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:55 pm
toffikx wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:43 pm
You're damn right about that.

But go ahead and present an argument instead of this childish attempt at trolling.
Sorry

Manatikik

Post#55 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:04 pm

Kragg wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:29 pm
Manatikik wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:43 am
Kragg wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:42 am

Despite the sarcasm, what are 6 mans doing in there anyhow? Its unsuited for their playstyle as a 6 man, it will get you pugs and thus zero competion while there are plenty of other scenario's that pop as well. Some would say some of your peers avoid you rather then fight you.

Doing in the 6v6 SC? Well they're 6v6ing...
I mean in Thunder valley. No respectable 6 man goes to there tho. Besides the objectives not being very suitable for 6 man play or they just want to stomp pugs. I for one just laugh at organised 6 mans in TV as they loose because they aint splitting up. Its the one scenario on the server that doesnt cater to the 6 man setup.
Except you responded like an idiot to me responding to onemanfail's attempt at saying no one uses the ranked 6v6 when they do they just don't use solo Q.

By the "6 man setup" you mean grouping up in an online MMO game? *Gasp* how dare people want to play with their friends AND how dare they make a group that isn't 6 engis dying like idiots and relying on the kindness of strangers for heals. FFS listen to yourself, you are activity encouraging people to not play with their friends and you're trying to pug gate keep TV for some reason?
<Montague><Capulet>

TreefAM

Post#56 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:49 am

You can get 2-4 tanks, bo, snb bg, chosen, doesn't matter what and go full deftard while building them up with any sort of selfheal/group heal and just rush to one of the far flags.
Your little party will only die if the entire warband comes to fight it, and by the time you die (which might not even happen) you win the sc.
F U N

xanderous

Post#57 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:17 am

Thunder valey is the answer to healers who want to spec dps and not get yelled at by people for not healing them because the only way to grind dps gear sets is to do scenarios. Also the map is big enough and objectives are wide enough apart that it allows some fun solo roaming aspects. It's been said already if you don't like the scenario, you can always just not play it, use some common sense and download addon to blacklist any scenario you don't wish to do like 99% of the rest of the community.
Bashgutz RR82 Borc Vaseryn RR61 SM Krantz RR82 Knight Corvinus RR70 Chosen Mormonty RR72 IB
Starkus RR70 BG Snaptz RR83 SH Plagueis RR81 Magus Alec RR85 Engie Sourgazt RR69 Shaman
Kreaver RR80 Marauder Dugald RR75 Slayer

Kragg

Post#58 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:50 pm

Manatikik wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:04 pm
Kragg wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:29 pm
Manatikik wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:43 am

Doing in the 6v6 SC? Well they're 6v6ing...
I mean in Thunder valley. No respectable 6 man goes to there tho. Besides the objectives not being very suitable for 6 man play or they just want to stomp pugs. I for one just laugh at organised 6 mans in TV as they loose because they aint splitting up. Its the one scenario on the server that doesnt cater to the 6 man setup.
Except you responded like an idiot to me responding to onemanfail's attempt at saying no one uses the ranked 6v6 when they do they just don't use solo Q.

By the "6 man setup" you mean grouping up in an online MMO game? *Gasp* how dare people want to play with their friends AND how dare they make a group that isn't 6 engis dying like idiots and relying on the kindness of strangers for heals. FFS listen to yourself, you are activity encouraging people to not play with their friends and you're trying to pug gate keep TV for some reason?
You are clearly unable to comprehend what I am saying. Off you go!
Sergeant-Major Drengk Burloksson, RR 85 Sniper
Hulfdan Irongrip, RR 81 Ironbreaker
Proud Founder of the 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers
Alliance officer of the Grand Alliance

Ads
Asderas27

Post#59 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:55 pm

TV is fine. Its good for grinding levels and emblems and its fun to punt ppl in lava. You always have the option to not queue for it
The Unlikely Plan
Ramjumper - Knight of the Blazing Sun
Shewhispers - Swordmaster
Punishingknock - Ironbreaker
TUP
Bellowabuser - Chosen
Moralepumper - Black Orc
Mindkiller - Blackguard

videogamer

Post#60 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:01 pm

70% of the scenarios in terms of rewards are hot trash. The main reason is because they're winner takes all scenarios where the loser gets close to nothing making the time spent in that scenario completely useless. People like TV because even if they lose the objective score is still high enough to a point where they don't feel like they've wasted their time doing it. A scenario like Talabec dam on the other hand a few players can just hit your FC preventing them from capping and in order to kill them you need more players so you give up control of the center of the map which means the enemy team gets a free cap if you cap which just leads to stalemates until the scenario timer runs out.