Recent Topics

Ads

[Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
JTO112

Re: [Slayer] Guide - How to take lickin' and keep on skippin'

Post#81 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:59 pm

Fenris78 wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:18 am I saw riposte doing awful total damage, like 200 (instead of the 445 base damage stated in the tooltip)... was there a nerf on that tactic ?
Or may I have been affected by a -50% damage hex ?

I'll look closely on that tactic, but riposte looks good with high parry ; there are indeed less melee hits directed at me than AoE/distant hits, but when I'm defending against some melee/tanks it looks good.

Looking forward on this one to check viability of Riposte against flanking (I slot both, flanking is especially good when fighting with AoE).
I feel like I get more damage out of flanking just because by habit I'm always spinning behind people. I too noticed I wasn't getting full damage from riposte. I'm wondering if it's something being mitigated now, because the numbers are different vs different people. I'm pretty new to Slayer and not an expert, but this is what I've been seeing. I'll screw around with tactics more just to confirm. I could have been misreading things.

Ads
CountTalabecland

Post#82 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:57 pm

As was discussed on pg 7 of this thread, riposte scales with strength and rage but is also mitigated by armor and toughness. Therefore, it is only good against soft target who are melee attacking you and you can keep them in front of you, which as stated above, means other mdps 1v1. Note, it is helpful for solo leveling or farming in pve to kill multiple mobs quickly.

For wb play I take stoutness of stone and ancestral inheritance as my optional tactics with the mandatory brute force and wild gambit.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Toldavf

Post#83 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:00 pm

There are better ways to play the game than slotting riposte, especially in 1vs1.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

CountTalabecland

Post#84 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:22 pm

Been thinking about my build recently. Does anyone bother stacking resists in any way for ORvR or Scens? In conq/vanq with 2 piece BL, 2 piece genesis I have 400 in each resists while in green and unbuffed. Anytime I am in a group I am getting a buff from somwhere, either KOBS, or AM, or RP to 700/soft cap. Of course that doesn't account for the buff being severed or debuffs. In any case, I feel squish as can be against any Sorc and especially so against the good ones. In ORvR one Magus DoT and most of my 7500 hp is gone. I run Deft Defender x4 but like I said I don't bring any more resists, mostly because I don't know where a Slayer would get them without bringing WI and gimping my other stats from jewels. Is there a way around this or is it just a fact of life?
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Mythrendir

Post#85 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:53 am

Nice post, keep up the good work, thanks!

Atum

Post#86 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:10 am

bump- was there any rota posted for the dw aoe build?

Grock

Post#87 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:13 pm

Atum wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:10 am bump- was there any rota posted for the dw aoe build?
Its a PvP game, everything is situational, there's no "rotation" really

Keep ID up on someone, keep Onslaught up, spam Flurry.

Shatter Limbs situationally or on rotation with other slayers to keep enemies debufed. Put Onslaught on targets before dropping Shatter Limbs to protect it from instant cleanse.

Retribution when ID/Onslaught are up or when told by the lead. Also better to use it when you are being attacked to get the damage bonus. Also good to wait for CC immunities until using it as it can be easily interrupted.
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

grendel1892

Post#88 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:57 pm

My friend Elio is currently Hospitalized battling a serious illness IRL. This was his post and he I'm sure he will be back and inspiring a new Generation of slayers. Cheers Bud, Get well soon! We miss you!
I smash things on Bolimor (WP) :shock:
I heal Peoplez on Mewanna Party (RP) :o
I guard the slayer on Igurd (SM) :D
I shootz arrows on Frigi Dare (SW) :(

Ads
DirkDaring

Post#89 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:14 pm

This guy has been making vids over 16 years atleast , in many diff pvp games , this is from live and choppa, but still nice, I remember his gear on Warhammer alliance , stacked toughness, and hp regen build

30/31 RVR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_36IQ6Ocyg

40 /40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfc3Q9-yVlQ&t=7s

40/40 Choppa vs KOBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0TDR8D1B5A&t=438s

T4 Epic fails

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2ig8Ll0CPo&t=47s

Atum

Post#90 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:33 pm

Grock wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:13 pm
Atum wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:10 am bump- was there any rota posted for the dw aoe build?
Its a PvP game, everything is situational, there's no "rotation" really

Keep ID up on someone, keep Onslaught up, spam Flurry.

Shatter Limbs situationally or on rotation with other slayers to keep enemies debufed. Put Onslaught on targets before dropping Shatter Limbs to protect it from instant cleanse.

Retribution when ID/Onslaught are up or when told by the lead. Also better to use it when you are being attacked to get the damage bonus. Also good to wait for CC immunities until using it as it can be easily interrupted.
hey yes i meant a rough rota. currently im cr24 doing scs, i have specific questions by now:

1) is it worth to use pulverizing strike for 3x toughness debuff (and keep debuff up), although its in the giantslayer line? (in general / single target)

2) same with relentless strike for dot; assuming its our ST spamm skill

3) what about spine crusher

4) fierceness shout- is it worth or too risky losing initiative in general? (i mean if we arent focused then ofc we can use i guess)

5) enrage in general- i guess we will do more dps having berserk! enrage level and spamming our ID/onslaught/Flurry (or vice versa for ST dmg). therefor, enrage-exhausting skills like wild swing for aoe and precarious assault for st we only use if we get focused right?