Recent Topics

Ads

Worst class.... WH

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
drmordread
Suspended

Re: Worst class.... WH

Post#131 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:30 pm

WAR AoR and RoR WH and WE, are the hard mode. If you can't hack it go play a mara or WL.

I have played WH from the first time I logged on this game back in 2009. It is not meant to be easy. WE/WH is the hardest class you will play in any MMO, and please DO NOT CHANGE THAT!!!!!

That said;

A lot of the problems the WH and the WE face today all stem from a decision the devs made back 2014 when RoR was born. Reduce crit. You will notice there are no crit talismans in RoR, and crit from armor has been moved to complete set, instead of 3 pieces as it was on live.

Now, while all the rest of the mdps can survive without high crit due to heavier armor, the WE/WH can not. We need to be able to end a fight in 5 seconds or less, and even that is pushing it.
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)

Ads
Melkoroth

Post#132 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:05 pm

drmordread wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:30 pm WAR AoR and RoR WH and WE, are the hard mode. If you can't hack it go play a mara or WL.
It's great that it's a difficult class to play... many of us like the class precisely because of that. But with great skill you expect good performance. As it stands now you play your fingers off and, at the end of the day, get outperformed by every other MDPS that plays banging their head against the keyboard.
Ettenhard Abarca - Witch Hunter

KingGrave

Post#133 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:08 pm

I wish I could disagree because the WH is my favorite class (The lore and look!).

As I level into the RR70 range and experience the Ranked solo play, the Witch Hunter needs some help-along with the Witch Elves-.

The main problem with the Witch Hunter and Elf that I have noticed in the hours of play time that I have is the initial engagement of the fight. We do not have the ability to simply waltz in the fray and expect to have any success. I have tried defensive builds and yes I may take a few more hits- but it takes all the power out of your attacks so with the length in time it takes to kill some one, I am dead.

The tactic that a WH/WE uses goes to engage has a few phases: Pick your target. Plan your route. Stealth, now the countdown of 30 secs begins. With the grouping of the enemy along with ALL the AOE damage and AOE crowd control it is like walking through a mine field. You can not walk a wide berth because you simply do not have time, and you can not work your way around then initiate your engagement because the enemy will see you.

When a WH engages he must rely on the stealth mechanic because the light armor and lack of true crowd control will not help in anyway to make you last longer. The skills in place for a WH seems to imply a get in and get out play style- the only CC is directions (behind the target). The escape tools are short in time frame (10-15 seconds) so it seems the correct play style is - Go in, Knockdown, Kill, run away. Witch Hunters are unable to do that with the current set up.

With all that said, I can see a couple of options to help out the Witch Hunter that would not be game breaking.

1) Make the LIGHT ARMOR to MEDIUM ARMOR.
2) Provide a way to engage the enemy either by giving a pull/pounce or longer Stealth.

OR

We could just make the defensive armor a bit more viable.

Sulorie

Post#134 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:26 pm

Let me ask how you guys do in sc on WH/WE?
Dying is no option.

KingGrave

Post#135 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:14 pm

Sulorie wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:26 pm Let me ask how you guys do in sc on WH/WE?
That is a good question. I will ignore the T1-T3 SC's because those do not really count. The WH/WE go through some major growing pains when they hit 40 because of the light armor and general lack of burst to take anything meaningful down. The main targets are Healers and softies, and we all know how hard healers are to take down.

So in a larger scenario you have a mix bag because sometimes your team does great, regardless of the class you have and sometimes they just dont do anything or you go up against a true premade. The WH is not a part of the melee train that goes on because of the armor you have. You can not just run in and blast your way into the back line, then attack your target. The WH/WE will rely on distracted opponents or just try and gank those coming from their camp. The other MDPs characters can engage with the melee train and be useful with their AOE damage or ability to jump over the front line to their target and not be such a burden on the healers.

In the ranked meta it is a bit different. The opposing team can simply ignore you (you can be kited very easily and we all know the SNARE party that happens in ranked play) and go after more dangerous classes or they can focus you and you will be the cause of the loss due to your light armor and deaths. My damage is generally very high or the highest in ranked but it is all healed away with a proper team. Killing in ranked is much, much harder and your style of having to be VERY CLOSE and FROM BEHIND makes it very difficult to either survive or be effective.

All in all it is really about the ability to survive and the ability to engage to initiate your attacks.

jokerspsycho

Post#136 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:30 pm

WarGlammer wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:19 pm They are bad?
Overshadowed. They just need a bit of help in either solo or WB to be better off.

Wdova

Post#137 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:31 am

Sulorie wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:26 pm Let me ask how you guys do in sc on WH/WE?
I reborn my old WH from times when conq/beastlord was top gear same with subjugator weapons. Even with this T4 entry level gear and rr 50ish I can burst targets down fairly quickly. I went full offensive glass cannon with hit and run tactic. I die almost everytime I am cached during process, so avoiding big blobs as much as I can. Good is that WE/WH can pick theyr fights and can vanish away if things get messy. If they remain "banned" from warband play because of AOE fix like they were on live, I would buff stealth a bit( duration increase to 45s-60s and/or shorten cooldown from 30s to 15-20s.

In my expirience single target damage is fine. AOE damage and survivability is issue.
Pigbutcher - Choppa RR80+
Cyplenkov - Marauder RR80+
Vdova - Witch elf RR80+

Hajzl - Swordmaster RR80+
Roznetka - Engineer RR70+

Wolferre

Post#138 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:02 am

Playing both they are what they are single target healer/mage killers, your not there to tank a full WB, single button spam out AoE or absorb immense levels of damage like a god of war, you are there to assassinate a target, lightly armored, but deadly.

Know your surroundings, check your targets surroundings, wait for them to be exposed i.e. tank pulls away and Gaurd drops, cooldowns etc etc, then go for the kill, just barrelling in is madness and will get you killed in short order, you have enough tricks to kill what you aim for.

Dying is what you do, cant expect to just go in kill, kill, kill and walk away unscathed, dying does not bother me, just as long that i kill what i aimed for, caused as much terror and panic in that heal line to disrupt the enemy team, thereby allowing my own team to either roll over them, reorganise, or capture what they are after.

Biggest trick is actually having a laugh with it, making the most out of that panic and dying heroically or by falling... whatever helps get a smile back lol

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#139 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:55 pm

Wolferre wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:02 am Biggest trick is actually having a laugh with it, making the most out of that panic and dying heroically or by falling... whatever helps get a smile back lol
Was running around with a goon squad of 5 WH yesterday in Pragg. Was the most fun I've had in this game to date (rr'ing from my WE for aesthetics). 3-4 people running down the street, lead guy turns around to 3 dead friendlies and 5 Wh's. Its beautiful.

Wolferre

Post#140 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:59 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:55 pm
Wolferre wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:02 am Biggest trick is actually having a laugh with it, making the most out of that panic and dying heroically or by falling... whatever helps get a smile back lol
Was running around with a goon squad of 5 WH yesterday in Pragg. Was the most fun I've had in this game to date (rr'ing from my WE for aesthetics). 3-4 people running down the street, lead guy turns around to 3 dead friendlies and 5 Wh's. Its beautiful.
Yes! Exactly, I tried getting a zone and all the WH's/WE's available from every WB to stealth/ninja into a keep, but no one was up for it, did not see the humour of it lol

Imagine a full WB, what wreckage they could leave behind :D :P :lol: