Recent Topics

Ads

State of Realm on Website

Let's talk about... everything else
Tiamath

State of Realm on Website

Post#1 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:54 am

Hello,
was wondering, if we could add SoR overview into RoR main website. It would be fantastic to check the campaign progress without logging into game. Also handy during daily schedules of free time or potential prealert system for Forts/City sieges.
Next stop? The frontline ...
Tiamath - RR83 Blackguard, Khaladh of Kar Khadath Regiment.

Ads
Sulorie

Re: State of Realm on Website

Post#2 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:50 am

For alerts you can join discord channels.
To view rvr progress I actually visit twitch streams to check the SOR addon of the streamers but I acknowledge this is a rather complicated method. xD
Dying is no option.

Ninjagon

Post#3 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:46 pm

That would be great (actual info on a web site).
Ninjab - The White Lion. No Destruction character. RETRIBUTION guild.
Also: Velmires - WP, Carnow - KotbS, Ninjagon - BW, Nynja - SW, Stin - WH, and others.
Spoiler:

cursedflesh

Post#4 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:37 pm

and mobile app/service to notice city incoming, can be paid service to support server without law problems with copyright
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

Kaelang

Post#5 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:43 pm

cursedflesh wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:37 pm and mobile app/service to notice city incoming, can be paid service to support server without law problems with copyright
Jumping in on this point re: paid service. The team will not accept any form of donations and/or support for the costs / maintenance of the server. This is a passion project and all we ask is that you abide by the ToS, enjoy the content and keep this an enjoyable place for other WAR players. People try to find ways to circumvent the 'donation' system in weird and wonderful ways, but it's never received and won't ever be taken.

Back on-topic, addressing OP - The idea as a concept seems good, but what would stop people from not participating in the RvR campaign until Forts / Cities, similar to what we're somewhat seeing now with City calls, but on an even larger scale. There are other methods to view SoR without having to login to the game, and guilds tend to have Discord channels set up. If you really want to see the state of the campaign without playing any of it, there are options there.

I'm not completely dismissing the idea, and I only speak for myself here, but I had this same idea a while ago and the reason I didn't write it up as a suggestion was for that previous fact, people would just sit on the website until it was time for the forts / cities rather than getting involved in the campaign content.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

cursedflesh

Post#6 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:53 pm

Kaelang wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:43 pm
cursedflesh wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:37 pm and mobile app/service to notice city incoming, can be paid service to support server without law problems with copyright
Jumping in on this point re: paid service. The team will not accept any form of donations and/or support for the costs / maintenance of the server. This is a passion project and all we ask is that you abide by the ToS, enjoy the content and keep this an enjoyable place for other WAR players. People try to find ways to circumvent the 'donation' system in weird and wonderful ways, but it's never received and won't ever be taken.
"can be" is optional, sry if its not needed at all, just thought its all about "we cant because of law problems"
Garrth - order, Garrmi - destro

rameden

Post#7 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:55 pm

If a dev wants to ping me I would love to build this, if possible.
Too many alts to count...

Schett

Post#8 » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:00 pm

Can we have this with inbuilt alarm, so I can wake up for fort/city?

Regards
Schett - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: TUP / Deep and Dry - Order ----- The Unlikely Plan - Destruction

Ads
saupreusse
Developer

Post#9 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:40 am

Kaelang wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:43 pm

Back on-topic, addressing OP - The idea as a concept seems good, but what would stop people from not participating in the RvR campaign until Forts / Cities, similar to what we're somewhat seeing now with City calls, but on an even larger scale. There are other methods to view SoR without having to login to the game, and guilds tend to have Discord channels set up. If you really want to see the state of the campaign without playing any of it, there are options there.

I'm not completely dismissing the idea, and I only speak for myself here, but I had this same idea a while ago and the reason I didn't write it up as a suggestion was for that previous fact, people would just sit on the website until it was time for the forts / cities rather than getting involved in the campaign content.
This wouldnt change much since most ppl rr60+ are already doing this because they need tbeir invader mefals before reaching 70.
Myself included

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#10 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:28 am

Schett wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:00 pm Can we have this with inbuilt alarm, so I can wake up for fort/city?

Regards
This is pure gold....shame that meme thread was locked...