Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Vaul healing viability and questions

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
krvutami

[AM] Vaul healing viability and questions

Post#1 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:07 am

Hello guys,

Seeing more and more grace WP's are running around, I was wondering if it's possible to go same lifetap route with AMs, as I find straight up healing boring and miserable. My post contains essentially two questions:

1. Can you do good stuff with your Vaul AM in scenarios, oRvR and cities (not interested in organised tryhard groups here, mostly pugging it)

2. Does this build make sense RoR.builders - Archmage. If not, what would you change around?

Thanks!

Ads
EsthelielSunfury

Re: [AM] Vaul healing viability and questions

Post#2 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:17 am

Did you try this out in RvR or City, or hell even scenarios? What kind of composition did you have while doing so?

I haven't seen this path before, as I'm running the miserable straight up squishy healer spec.

What is the rotation during enemy morale drops or similar situations that you have to position yourself in a safe way? It seems like you need to be in the thick of it to do enough damage to convert into healing for your group, and honestly that sounds a bit too dangerous for my liking.

Do let me know.

Sinisterror

Post#3 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:35 am

https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3458,3432

This is best healing build for am, dunno why vaul is 8 sec cd not 5sec like shaman. but on my lvl 34 heal am vaul aoe heals non crit 1200.

This build would be a dream
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

krvutami

Post#4 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:18 am

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:17 am Did you try this out in RvR or City, or hell even scenarios? What kind of composition did you have while doing so?

I haven't seen this path before, as I'm running the miserable straight up squishy healer spec.

What is the rotation during enemy morale drops or similar situations that you have to position yourself in a safe way? It seems like you need to be in the thick of it to do enough damage to convert into healing for your group, and honestly that sounds a bit too dangerous for my liking.

Do let me know.
Hey, I haven't tried this one yet, I am merely pondering it. There is something about AM and his skillset that screams to me 'you should not play this class as passive health bar watcher' and I want to explore that further. The class has such great offensive and support tools, it seems it would be a shame not to utilise them by playing Vaul offhealer with offensive gear set.
Sinisterror wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:35 am https://builder.returnofreckoning.com/c ... ,3458,3432

This is best healing build for am, dunno why vaul is 8 sec cd not 5sec like shaman. but on my lvl 34 heal am vaul aoe heals non crit 1200.

This build would be a dream
Thanks for your input, but this is still a healbot in my book. It just has an ultimate skill from Vaul spec, but it lacks utility like silence and AoE spirit debuff which (in my head at least) seem like good tools to have. Also why no divine fury tactic? If I understood lifetap mechanics correctly, heal reduction is not affecting lifetaps, while additional damage provides more healing due to how lifetap works.

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:36 am

You'll still be a healbot just with a couple of abilities to use your mechanic points on. The changes that made a hybird build possible were rolled back after the incident. You either use the tree for the debuff & silence as dps or EoV as a healer. I dont know if we will ever see a Vaul AM like we have grace WP but I doubt it.
Last edited by Telen on Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

krvutami

Post#6 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:41 am

Telen wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:36 am You'll still be a healbot just with a couple of abilities to use your mechanic points on. The changes that made a hybird build possible were rolled back. You either use the tree for the debuff & silence as dps or EoV as a healer.
Okay, thank you for your reply. So it's play either full healer or full dps and disregard class mechanic 98% of the time.

Sad to hear that, such a shame.

Telen
Suspended

Post#7 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:43 am

krvutami wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:41 am Okay, thank you for your reply. So it's play either full healer or full dps and disregard class mechanic 98% of the time.

Sad to hear that, such a shame.
As dps its just a waste of a gcd most of the time to use mechanic. As heal just use the mechanic to kite heal with BE. Problem with the mechanic now is that they rolled the changes to the class back but left in the new mechanic and now useless tactics. Instead of going back to the old mechanic that used up all points. Now you just get locked at 5 and would have to spend 5 gcds casting out of spec to get back. Not worth it.

Here its very much the squeeky wheel gets the grease, hence how much time has been focused on dok/wp, and the vocal AM/Shaman players are no longer around.

krvutami

Post#8 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 11:51 am

Telen wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:43 am
As dps its just a waste of a gcd most of the time to use mechanic. As heal just use the mechanic to kite heal with BE. Problem with the mechanic now is that they rolled the changes to the class back but left in the new mechanic and now useless tactics. Instead of going back to the old mechanic that used up all points. Now you just get locked at 5 and would have to spend 5 gcds casting out of spec to get back. Not worth it.

Here its very much the squeeky wheel gets the grease, hence how much time has been focused on dok/wp, and the vocal AM/Shaman players are no longer around.
Thank you again for your insight. Is it possible that that only class pairing w/o mechanic that is usable in practice is subject to oversight from devs?

I could swear that I saw thread with a reply from dev somewhere around here that they are looking at it. I`ll do a quick search.

EDIT: furthermore I must express a bit of amazement that Vaul spec is just hot garbage. It's not unheard of that similar classes trive thrive in other MMO's (good example is WoW disco priest in last few expansions). Shouldn't be that hard to implement here following similar logic.

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#9 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:06 pm

The class concept never worked outside the early tiers. Focusing on multiple stats isnt possible at endgame and you have have to devote all tactics to dps or healing to be decent at either. They tried implementing a true vaul hybrid like wp grace which is where the new mechanic came from but it was oppresive in pug environments. Sadly the class got shafted in a weird episode a while back with some sort of power struggle between two of the people doing the balancing. So half of his rework is still in but is more of a hinderance than anything.

uanaka

Post#10 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 12:18 pm

At least in city wbs, I've seen a few groups run some really good lifetap spec shaman with fury of da green. If it gets paired with Waaaagh and Chop Fasta, you have almost 100% uptime. And the good shaman can blow out WP in terms of heal numbers. You might need to chain it with some dps abilities to keep your mechanic up that allows you to cast it on the move (i dont know the spec myself, but i've seen how good it can be), but that shouldn't be too difficult.

I just think it's harder for AM to get as much value since you have less cooldown increasers and less survivability tactics compared to the shaman with their run away/auto detaunt (whether or not they use that tactic is something else). And from what I have seen, they have the flexibility to use he shaman as healers as opposed to order using them for morale pump bots.

Also, Energy of Vaul is actually 5 secs cd, it's just the career builder not updating it correctly.