Recent Topics

Ads

Toxicity in Ranked SC

Let's talk about... everything else
Twyxx

Re: Toxicity in Ranked SC

Post#51 » Tue May 05, 2020 12:44 am

Wanting players to only q ranked if they have gear is.... elitist?

Ads
Telen
Suspended

Post#52 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:00 am

Those that need the ranked gear apparently shouldnt queue those that dont should. Gamer logic.

Twyxx

Post#53 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:02 am

Telen wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 2:00 am Those that need the ranked gear apparently shouldnt queue those that dont should. Gamer logic.
That's just all out of context. In my original post I was referring to people who show up next to naked... but go off...

Martok

Post#54 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:04 am

Twyxx wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:44 amWanting players to only q ranked if they have gear is.... elitist?

You have to remember the standard, that if you don't take the play of this game as the most serious aspect of life, you are not a real man and worthy only of contempt.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

Telen
Suspended

Post#55 » Tue May 05, 2020 2:48 am

Got to keep the rif raf out dont you know.

mytreds

Post#56 » Tue May 05, 2020 4:52 am

Have you never played Dota? LoL? WoW battlegrounds? GW2 PvP? If you’ve played any small scale competitive game, you should know it breeds toxicity and brings out the worst in people.

Grimlust

Post#57 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:22 am

Ranked in everygame is toxic just deal with it lmao, or like me dont care :).
gl que que

Nekkma

Post#58 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:49 am

Twyxx wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:44 am Wanting players to only q ranked if they have gear is.... elitist?
No, I get annoyed in regular scenarios when teammates do not run armor + stat/liniment potions or talismans. I personally think that is a minimum effort. This thread is about how you react to such situations.

Bottom line is that solo ranked is a pug scenario and pugging has always been filled with randomness and dissapointing teammates. Over time it evens out.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
popperz

Post#59 » Tue May 05, 2020 5:51 am

Ranked sc's is the best thing that happened to me in game!
It's fun and indeed competitive.

Just the fact that somebody advice you not to queue if your gear/spec or playstyle are hurting the team - is absolutely normal.
Also, I bet most of the community is 30+ years...Like seriously what happened to the world if 30+ man runs on a forum and claims somebody hurt his feelings by suggesting not to play a specific sc. If you didn't like him/her, just ignore him.

I see many players in ranked even using the 825 armor pots! They don't want to lose the edge. And when a player with 15% chance to be crit with no armor pots comes and spams f.e. GTDC or aoe root - it's very natural to feel strong antipathy to that kind of special players.
And tbh I haven't seen a situation when somebody criticize a specific person with no reason. Played almost 100 games in this season. Usually the 5 people are congruent in their accusations against that special one.

This time you were the special one. Try to ask for advice what you need to improve, then improve your game accordingly and see how it goes. In 6v6 you can't hide in zerg or the mass like in other sc's. Everybody instantly understands who is the weak link. I even had experience when the weak link was me :) That is why ranked are so fun.
Feelings, WH
Reality, WP
Existence, BG
Emotions, DoK

Draugris

Post#60 » Tue May 05, 2020 6:51 am

Twyxx wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 12:44 am Wanting players to only q ranked if they have gear is.... elitist?
From the Patch Notes:
you may only queue for Ranked scenarios if you have an item level of 45 or higher in each of your armor slots, including the Belt slot.
So this is what the developers decided you can expect in ranked as a minimum, which is what, Annihilator gear, i guess. So it seems they wanted to let people play in ranked early. Expecting or demanding that everybody that queues ranked has gear above this to the extreme of demanding that you queue only if you have souv/inv gear yes that is elitist. Hopefully mmr will over time sort that out.
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)