Recent Topics

Ads

WBs not getting city pops

Let's talk about... everything else
EsthelielSunfury

Re: WBs not getting city pops

Post#31 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:54 am

nat3s wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:58 am It's so disappoting that YouTuber brought so many players here, it's killed the server.
Mate, you've reached an incredible level of insanity, there's no MMO player apart from you who wants less players. The genre is melting to pieces with gacha games and addictive mechanics and a shitton of players who are desperate for some developer to make their next MMO they can sink time into, and here you are disappointed because a famous Youtuber brought players for you to fight against in your game because you cannot easily get +20 Wounds from some endgame set.

No wonder you play Destro, it attracts all the right types.

Ads
Rydiak

Post#32 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:56 am

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:54 am
nat3s wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:58 am It's so disappoting that YouTuber brought so many players here, it's killed the server.
Mate, you've reached an incredible level of insanity, there's no MMO player apart from you who wants less players. The genre is melting to pieces with gacha games and addictive mechanics and a shitton of players who are desperate for some developer to make their next MMO they can sink time into, and here you are disappointed because a famous Youtuber brought players for you to fight against in your game because you cannot easily get +20 Wounds from some endgame set.

Consoom more cities!
Interested in the Grace playstyle but don't know where to start? Check out my Grace guide!

Check out my Damage Calculator. Also includes extra RoR calculators! -Updated for 01/25/24 patch!

uanaka

Post#33 » Sat May 09, 2020 11:58 am

Well here's the silver lining for all the players who are now realizing sovereign and warlord will be an impossible dream for you! Go ahead and queue up for the ranked scenarios, that's your next best avenue for gear!

The more people we get in the ranked queues, the better matchmaking will become!

Actually here is my proposal - I think PvE instances should be a thing, but you go up against Level 56 Hero+++ mobs, and the only reward you get is the pride and accomplishment that you were able to defeat the protectors of the city! And I think you should be required to pay 1 Royal Crest to get access to this unimaginable and genre-breaking feature.

nat3s

Post#34 » Sat May 09, 2020 12:06 pm

EsthelielSunfury wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 11:54 am

Too much hyperbole!!

So yes obviously I want a nice full server and ideally we'd have game systems and design that didn't mean that the higher the pop the more stagnant rvr would become. Perhaps a better way to ensure offensive strength scaled as well as defensive strength with each additional player online. I posted some suggestions above to help with that such as lowering the AOE cap which helps defenders far more than it does attackers. Imagine if the server ever grew to the point where you had 2k players online at off peak times? It would become a real problem.

I'd love the server to grow, but there is no denying that rvr systems worked better when the pop was lower.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

jokerspsycho

Post#35 » Sat May 09, 2020 1:26 pm

Best way to make sure u get a city pop is to reroll onto order.

But seriously, how can someone complain peon brought people here. Many of them joined order to help the imbalance out to the point order actually had more players than destro for a bit. Then order would have been the ones posting this. From what I've seen that group has mostly dispersed or moved around because destro still has a 1-3% more in pop every day

When theres a limited number of players for content there will always be players left out.

Sarnai

Post#36 » Sat May 09, 2020 1:28 pm

For the months before lazypeon, late night NA when I started playing was dead. I mean empty. Only action in one zone at a time, and was typically about 30-100 in favor of destro. If we had city pops then, you still wouldn't be getting in on destro.
WH looking for gunbad left

Nekkma

Post#37 » Sat May 09, 2020 1:42 pm

The main problem in my opinon is that endgame gear is gated behind forts and cities. In my opinion, these two things was the worst form of pvp on live and it still is here.

If you make sov drop from RR 70+ players at a decent rate you could for sure make premade and pug cities with less reward that the people who enjoy that content can participate in. As it is now (or rather when my two characters have full sov), I will log of when a city pops as it is just not fun to play. I only do it for the reward, i.e. grinding.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Kaelang

Post#38 » Sat May 09, 2020 1:50 pm

Nekkma wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 1:42 pm The main problem in my opinon is that endgame gear is gated behind forts and cities. In my opinion, these two things was the worst form of pvp on live and it still is here.

If you make sov drop from RR 70+ players at a decent rate you could for sure make premade and pug cities with less reward that the people who enjoy that content can participate in. As it is now (or rather when my two characters have full sov), I will log of when a city pops as it is just not fun to play. I only do it for the reward, i.e. grinding.
Sov dropping from kills would expedite the entire gearing process to a ridiculous level. What happens when everyone here is full Sov end-game geared? End-game gear is meant to take time, so the sense of reward is higher when you finally get there. If sov dropped from players, pug warbands would be farming sov from RvR stalemates - which is another complaint people have about the state of RvR.

Anyway - going back on-topic: Yes, it sucks not getting a city pop. I've been there myself. 7 times in a row with a full premade 24 queuing from the start? Dubious to say the least - I think I've missed 2 cities, neither of these I queued instantly. I'm not calling you a liar, but that's some pretty shitty luck.

So - moving into the suggestions category of the thread, there's a tonne of feedback on cities and the queue system spread all across this forum. Collating it and reviewing it isn't an easy task, but more often than not these threads do get read and reviewed (even without staff presence). Appreciate some of the concerns that have been highlighted here - and there's a few suggestions that have been seen before.

I just wanted to come here and address the 'problem' that is 'endgame gear is gated behind forts and cities' - that's the point. End-game content, end-game gear.
DiscordFacebookTwitterInstagram

I play around with Social Media, troll our players on Discord and officially hate anyone who plays a dwarf.

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#39 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:02 pm

Stop pushing cities when majority of opposite faction is sleeping and you will get 30 instances.

Nekkma

Post#40 » Sat May 09, 2020 2:06 pm

You miss the point. The point is that myself and many others think that city is terrible gameplay and only do it for gear. Destro cannot join, order pugs get stomped. Bad experience all around. Players get upset by said terrible experience because you are forced to do it to be competitive.

If content cannot stand on its own without rewards then the content is not good enough. I have not had a singel interesting city fight, it is stomp or be stomped. Meanwhile, I continue to do scenarios and roam in rvr, even though I need nothing from it, because it is fun.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron