Recent Topics

Ads

Any chance for pugs vs pugs in Cities?

Let's talk about... everything else
Nekkma

Re: Any chance for pugs vs pugs in Cities?

Post#51 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:16 am

What is better is subjective. I think it is better to force people into groups and ulimatly lose players that absolutely do not want that. Opening up a solo que would just mean destro becomes less organized when alot of players use that que (me included). I do not think that is good.

If we get a soloque I would put a hard limit on those instance, max 2, and enforce a 2/2/2 set up with matchmaker. Making sure not all who ques solo get in as it should not be a way to bypass the ”proper” que.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Ads
geezereur

Post#52 » Sat May 09, 2020 7:41 am

Nekkma wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 6:31 am You do realise there are hundreds of destro not getting inside city with current system? The destro soloquers are often from weaker classes and low RR/gear making them unwanted. The thing you fear is already a reality. And while it is annoying to not get in, it is not the end of the world. And btw, ”unwanted classes” is from a try hard point of view. You can join as a 6man singel target melee train and be very helpfull to your team.

Note that this does not mean no further balancing.
I cant even get a city pop with full wb on destro side atm happend 3 times in a row now and we q up just when it opened.

wraithghost

Post#53 » Sat May 09, 2020 8:09 am

I Can't see it getting any better in fact it will get a lot worse specially when life goes back to normal. Most of the times Cities pop when I am asleep or at work and if I do manage to get in one, you just get farmed which is 0 fun.

The last 4 I have got in, not enough guildies where on so had to pug + (I play engi which no one wants), I mean at this point I am not even going to bother queuing solo anymore it just makes me wanna quit completely. I see why so many people just end up leaving this game when they see what the endgame entails.

From now on just gonna play some alts and RvR with the engi. Would rather have fun with the game than have Sov and get burned out.

normanis

Post#54 » Sat May 09, 2020 9:38 am

well if pugs join city siege and meet premade what they cant counter just stay afk . and wait for some balance
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Omegus

Post#55 » Sat May 09, 2020 4:59 pm

normanis wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:38 am well if pugs join city siege and meet premade what they cant counter just stay afk . and wait for some balance
What balance do you suggest that makes a disorganised group of 24 random players able to compete with an organised group of 24 premade players?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Martok

Post#56 » Sat May 09, 2020 5:54 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:59 pmWhat balance do you suggest that makes a disorganised group of 24 random players able to compete with an organised group of 24 premade players?

I believe that is why the call for a pug city instance.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

normanis

Post#57 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:15 am

Omegus wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:59 pm
normanis wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 9:38 am well if pugs join city siege and meet premade what they cant counter just stay afk . and wait for some balance
What balance do you suggest that makes a disorganised group of 24 random players able to compete with an organised group of 24 premade players?
1. if only winners gain rr/loot/medals = pugs just will not join ( dead end of game for most of ppl)
2. if both sides got rr/medals/loot = its is like now ( meet premade what is best u can hope is sooner finish city siege)
3. play class what order/destro really needs or builds. ( for destro all clases has good city builds even squigs ) order meta is bw and slayer + wl ( normal geared with invader+) , sw/engi/wh is not needed, only rp has more shity dps than sw. wh has nerfed aoe and engi need time to proc damage boost. order need tanks /healers and more bw = raw damage
4. balance clases ( what i dont think will ever happen)
5. give pugs like 12vs12 with reduced stages ( 1 stage , 1 loot = so ppl dont exploit, no more than 1 stage) u have 20-30 min to smash or get smashed. like final batttle :twisted:
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

RORquest

Post#58 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:36 am

established guilds avoiding eachother is the end game people are talking about? seems like most guilds are just trying to get that ez pug wb or random 24man. I dont get how this is even consider endgame.

reward guilds vs guilds more if thats your intent have a scoreboard on w/l e-peen boast or unique trophy's to the top rank on each side

pug vs pug is acutally really fun when balance makes it feel like an epic scenario same with guildsvsguilds

Ads
Vayra

Post#59 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:42 am

Martok wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 5:54 pm
Omegus wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 4:59 pmWhat balance do you suggest that makes a disorganised group of 24 random players able to compete with an organised group of 24 premade players?

I believe that is why the call for a pug city instance.
Well, if you're going to separate complete pugs from premades you'd also have to separate /5 wbs from guild/alliance warbands as the difference in quality there is far larger than between pure pugs and /5 warbands.

The only advantage most destro have in cities is 8/8/8 composition. You could fix a lot of these problems by having the matchmaker try to build 8/8/8 for pug instances as well. With that the difference in quality should lower a lot. I was in a city just now where I was lucky to get in solo on destro (as a dps dok). We had 1 12 man and 2 pug groups (or maybe it was 1 6 man and 1 pug group) and still got an 8/8/8/ setup (counting me as a dps). Order looked like a full pug instance with 1 2H SM tank and 7 healers (including 2 2H WPs). Zero cohesion, running around like headless chickens. After one wipe I found engineers and WHs roaming around the map solo trying to gank people scouting for order (and still died 2v1 against my DPS DoK) while 1 or 2 groups would try half-hearted pushes every once in a while. If the matchmaker had ensured they had a decent amount of tanks they might have been able to put up a good fight as we weren't exactly organized beyond the 12 man trying to set up a melee train.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

RORquest

Post#60 » Mon May 11, 2020 10:56 am

to add on top of this some classes are not even desire to cities and are forced to pug for sov gear