Recent Topics

Ads

Guilds running 12 or18man warbands

Let's talk about... everything else
RORquest

Guilds running 12 or18man warbands

Post#1 » Mon May 18, 2020 7:58 pm

So i've notice top guilds are running 12or18wb for city is this to avoid 24man destro guilds ? Seems to be working i have been watching streams/join wb and it seems to work. is this the end game meta now ? does destroy intentionally dodge order guilds i have notice they dont but could be wrong.

Ads
toffikx

Re: Guilds running 12 or18man warbands

Post#2 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:03 pm

Could you be more specific? What kind of guild is considered to be a ”top guild” ? And why would there be a scheme in place where one faction tries to dodge the other one?

RORquest

Post#3 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:06 pm

toffikx wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:03 pm Could you be more specific? What kind of guild is considered to be a ”top guild” ? And why would there be a scheme in place where one faction tries to dodge the other one?
''top guilds'' thats my opinion on whom i consider to be top and ive been in a few 12wb that avoid 24man doing it
so my question is... does it really work joining city with a 12wb premade avoid getting 24wb premade

toffikx

Post#4 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:11 pm

RORquest wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:06 pm
toffikx wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 8:03 pm Could you be more specific? What kind of guild is considered to be a ”top guild” ? And why would there be a scheme in place where one faction tries to dodge the other one?
''top guilds'' thats my opinion on whom i consider to be top and ive been in a few 12wb that avoid 24man doing it
so my question is... does it really work joining city with a 12wb premade avoid getting 24wb premade
I think the quque system prioritises matching full warbands against each other. But i could be wrong.

RORquest

Post#5 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:20 pm

lets say for example
guild ''CAT'' joins with a 12man wb and 'guild ''TOP'' joins with 24 man wb, both Queue city do they automatically avoid each other in matchmaking and the machmaking tries to find similar size warbands?

ive been wondering why people would join with a 12man and risk getting 10 engies but it seems to work better since you avoid 24man guilds/perfect wbs

Detangler

Post#6 » Mon May 18, 2020 8:41 pm

I doubt this works, but I only have anecdotal knowledge. It sure didn't work in the last city I did. Our 12 man was up against an order WB that was on point with morale bombs every minute. It was painful...
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable

Esmeralda

Post#7 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:18 pm

City matchmaking is a mystery to me, the biggest question is why do pugs get these 24man guild premades then?

wonshot

Post#8 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:32 pm

I still wish I had been able to queue with the same 23 other players just twice. You might speculate why Order guilds are queueing with 2-3 guild groups and not filling, more often than not because the expectations better match the result. sure you might get puggies and unstable 2-2-2 in the last group(s) but atleast you can out perform the puggies and get bags instead of spending 20minuts trying to dig up quality 2-2-2 players on the few classes attractive, just like the rest of the 5+ warband builders all searching for the same thing
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

Ads
carlos

Post#9 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:40 pm

Top guilds also have a hard time to get a full WB together between 00.00-07.00 server time when the majority of the CS is happening
Starfkr

adamthelc

Post#10 » Mon May 18, 2020 9:53 pm

Its not always easy to fill a good 24 on short notice.

Last city I was on for my guild tried to fill a 24 had to pug 2 dps. We were in the queue for maybe 8 minutes and one of the pug dps randomly dropped and we lost the queue.

Then there is the fact that not every guild is full of people of the same level of competence. Sometimes it is just easier and more effective to make a small group than try to force it and queue with a full warband.

However you are at the mercy of randomness at that point. I have queued as a 6 or 12 only to get an instance with 2 full groups of Witch Elves who queued together. I guess they were trying to make some statement about how no one wanted them and thats the only way they could do city... Whatever.