Recent Topics

Ads

Not getting into cities compensation.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Tillbeast

Not getting into cities compensation.

Post#1 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:38 pm

I understand not everyone can get into a city due to player number balance but would it be possible to reward players who qualify for cities but don't get a spot to be given compensation for the dissapointed. 1 or 2 medallions of the appropriate type would suffice.

Another idea would be would be for excess players to face off vs each other. If there is enough destro/order players to make 2 full wbs from those who could not get a spot create a separate instance where they fight each other. Place large red/blue flags over each characters model for identification and let them slug it out. Just do not count the result towards the win/loss results to determine city overall outcome.

Personally being eu its hard to participate in cities as most are done in NA prime and character progression is painfully slow.

Ads
boomcat
Suspended

Re: Not getting into cities compensation.

Post#2 » Tue May 19, 2020 6:52 pm

your playing destro i can quess... no tears for you sorry... order pushed forts today and suddenly order vanished, and destro had the numbers xD fun isnt it ?!?! 5 star city where destro mostly wins ? makes you wonder where all went. nop if people keep jump on the biggest realm, and then cry not getting into city. bad for them... destro alrdy wins most and get geared fastest.. so i wont give crying destro anything for sitting and waiting. and ive mained destro myself, and just got 1 WH and WP to 40/56 and im doing city on them.
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

toffikx

Post#3 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:03 pm

I’d rather have royals spread more evenly across different type of game content. Would feel better than an event, that either pops in the middle of the night or during rl things.
Can understand the frustration though, especially if you’ve been engaged in the campaign b4 city happened.

Tillbeast

Post#4 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:05 pm

Also happens other way...when destro pushes forts suddenly order get more players. Its not really fair on the honest players who play 1 side only like myself.

boomcat
Suspended

Post#5 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 pm

only thing i could see happend would be letting high end currency drops from high RR players also. small % chance ofc. but would make RvR more attractive.. and people missing citys/forts can still grind.. even thoe hugging the biggest pop realm
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Tillbeast

Post#6 » Tue May 19, 2020 7:45 pm

boomcat wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:40 pm only thing i could see happend would be letting high end currency drops from high RR players also. small % chance ofc. but would make RvR more attractive.. and people missing citys/forts can still grind.. even thoe hugging the biggest pop realm
Biggest pop realm is time dependant. EU prime there is always more order than destro and apparantly NA prime it switches to destruction. Ideally they will balance classes one day so cities are fairer for order as their tanks not as good as destro but they would have to balance classes for forts to be fair for destro as destro ranged, particularly aoe is not as good as orders.

jokerspsycho

Post#7 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:01 pm

Tillbeast wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:05 pm Also happens other way...when destro pushes forts suddenly order get more players. Its not really fair on the honest players who play 1 side only like myself.
I dont think order ever have more players in city than destro. I've NEVER heard of order soloqing and then complaining they didnt get in let alone full WBs.

U want a promised Q pop? RR order. Otherwise roll the dice.

lyncher12

Post#8 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:18 pm

theres just too many risks and no reward for playing order for city. i dont know about other people but i dont know 23 others that are on hand with the necessary classes and some semblance of gear to queue city on demand. pug v pug destro is going to win pretty much every time, happens in ranked, happens in city, happens everywhere. if you want to actually see gear progression on order its just a dice roll that your pug isnt against an organized 2/2/2 rr70+ premade wb. queuing later on doesn't guarantee that either because those people could still be stuck waiting for order to queue. you get what, 3 invaders? for getting stomped? thats pathetic.

Ads
jokerspsycho

Post#9 » Tue May 19, 2020 8:33 pm

lyncher12 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:18 pm theres just too many risks and no reward for playing order for city. i dont know about other people but i dont know 23 others that are on hand with the necessary classes and some semblance of gear to queue city on demand. pug v pug destro is going to win pretty much every time, happens in ranked, happens in city, happens everywhere. if you want to actually see gear progression on order its just a dice roll that your pug isnt against an organized 2/2/2 rr70+ premade wb. queuing later on doesn't guarantee that either because those people could still be stuck waiting for order to queue. you get what, 3 invaders? for getting stomped? thats pathetic.
Order does seem to hate making premades that's for sure. In my pugs I'm 2-2 and the two losses were vs full WBs and chilling with 4 heals and 4 tanks. Whenever I get a pug that's at least close to 2/2/2 and we face destro with 2/2/2 that's a /5 premade, we won both very easily.

It also likely doesnt help I play a WH and soon an SW so people dont want more than 1wh and barely 1 sw.

I think if classes were more viable it would help with premades imo, more options vs hoping the pug is filled with the few classes you really want.

Detangler

Post#10 » Tue May 19, 2020 9:24 pm

There's only really one class discrepancy between the two sides that makes more destro classes warband viable. Its the people not playing the right classes that skews the numbers so poorly on Order side.

Pug friendly + wanted:
Runepriest/Zealot
Warrior Priest/DoK
Knight/Chosen
Swordmaster/Black Orc
Bright Wizard/Sorc
Slayer/Choppa
**White Lion (arguable)/Marauder (arguable)
??????/mSquig Herder

No more than 1 a warband, 2 max
Engineer/Magus
Witch Hunter/Witch Elf
Archmage/Shaman
Shadow Warrior/???????

**Coordinated WL players can be nasty. Pug players not so much. Fix Marauder morale drain and "arguable" tag will be removed.
Detangler and alts - 84 Chosen, other 40s - DoK, Zealot, SH, WE, BG, BO
Destro - Mostly Harmless
Tangler and alts - 8X IB, other 40s - RP, SM
Order - Most dishonorable