Recent Topics

Ads

SORC: what am I doing wrong?

Black Guard, Sorceress, Witch Elf, Disciple of Khaine
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
nanakaros

Re: SORC: what am I doing wrong?

Post#11 » Fri May 15, 2020 11:36 am

I' ll leave this here in case some of you want to learn how to play
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piJLtJ8EHPQ

Ads
raistomen

Post#12 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:05 pm

Starx wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:56 am If you get the detaunt off before you get KD'ed and you are running at least cheap 1500 double pots you shouldnt die to a whitelion unless you healers are nonexistant or terrible, in which case it doesn't really matter what class you are on or against you are gonna die.

White lion doesn't have healdebuff, it just a class that excels at punishing shitty pug groups which is why its such a bogeyman. BW/Sorc are up there as well as classes that i'd consider pug stompers.
can you expand upon double potions 1500?

adamthelc

Post#13 » Sun May 17, 2020 12:26 am

You havent really said what you do so its hard to say what you are doing wrong.

Priority target should be the person you can kill the fastest. If there are multiple options who are close, choose the person who has the most value to the other team.

If you are going after a healer your ability usage will probably be a little different. If they detaunt you or have an active guard and you are trying to solo them, pick a new target. If you are assisting continue to focus them until a new target is called.

In a vacuum a WL on top of you has the advantage. You need to be on them before they pounce on you to get some of that advantage back. In a team fight you should get more support, but so should they so its not really something that can be explained in a short reply. But generally the smaller the scale the more a WL will have an advantage over you.

The potions you buy with emblems and apothecaries make dont share the same CD.

Starx

Post#14 » Sun May 17, 2020 1:03 am

raistomen wrote: Sat May 16, 2020 11:05 pm
Starx wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:56 am If you get the detaunt off before you get KD'ed and you are running at least cheap 1500 double pots you shouldnt die to a whitelion unless you healers are nonexistant or terrible, in which case it doesn't really matter what class you are on or against you are gonna die.

White lion doesn't have healdebuff, it just a class that excels at punishing shitty pug groups which is why its such a bogeyman. BW/Sorc are up there as well as classes that i'd consider pug stompers.
can you expand upon double potions 1500?
Like adam said, you can buy lvl 38 healing potions of the AH pretty much cheap as dirt that heal 1500 hp, and then officer medallion quartermaster ones that heal 1500. These have separate cooldowns.

So in the span of less than 2 sec you can heal 3k hp that isnt effected by healdebuff and costs basically nothing just keep 200 of each in your inventory.

Borek

Post#15 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:05 am

raistomen wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 3:36 pm 1. Deleting some classes, healers tend to be a lot harder because of wisdom...and that leaves me with not many targets other than non tank DPS. SHould i focus DPS first then since I am doing magic damage?
2. If white lion gets on me , I am dead. Considering they have leap, I am dead. Leap AND knockdown, oh you better believe I am dead. Root only lasts so long, disarm, best I can do is the detaunt. how can I not evaporate in front of the 500 white lions in every sc.
It depends somewhat on the play style as to what you do, i am not a scenario player, but for ORVR i find there's several useful things to do as a Sorc depending on the situation...Most fights are either 1 side pushing and overwhelming /chasing down, or it's a stand off until 1 side gets broken by numbers or flanking. If it's a stand off your role is to build dark magic off anyone close enough to get hit so you are ready to drop the Delete rotation when people get pulled or over extend, keep Word of Pain up for the willpower debuff and don't be afraid to abuse Pit of Shades/Infernal Wave as a push method if the WB starts to gain the upper hand. A well timed push from a sorc or 2 can easily turn the tide because we can put out so much AoE pressure.

Once i realised the most effective way to play sorc is to push with the MDPS/tanks and pressure both the front AND back lines, which forces the enemy healers to switch targets and use timered stuff rather than just keep a couple of tanks on target which they can usually do all day, my game got a lot more interesting and fun. I like to mix in Shattered shadows with Pit of Shades so that the damage is a lil more spiked, plus SS has the great feature of only being range checked on cast, not on completion, so if someone pulls back from front lines and you have started casting, 3s later when it ends they probably ran back to their healers and BAM, you drop 12-20k damage on a whole cluster of enemies, possible making healers refocus and perhaps forget for a few seconds about the tanks they were healing, who can then be quickly pressured with PoS and Infernal Wave.

Truth is you can play ANY DPS class and it'll melt just as fast when ganked, so just like every other DPS you kinda need Guard and potions, so realistically it's minimal difference if the enemies focus you Vs a Choppa/mara/Squig etc, your ideal position is about 25 range behind the tanks, so you just out of AoE range from taking damage from what's dropped on the tanks, but close enough so your own spells can easily hit all their tanks/MDPS and a lot of their back line also.

If you are defending/attacking at a keep then Pit of Shades is your bread and butter, you can cast it on top of ramparts, on some oil levels depending on the height of the gatehouse, this helps to keep the walls free of enemy ranged. If the oil is up and you can position to use Shattered Shadows then i would say that is the better option because whilst shades does more over-all damage, SS does more per hit, so you can potentially spike down some enemies, plus it will bring your dark magic up to max faster than Pit of Shades does.

Because i do so much ORVR i went heavily into AoE for my build, but i did grab Impending Doom from Agony tree, that thing has been an amazing kill stealer spell, i find with that spell i have been able to mostly drop Doombolt from my rotation and use faster casting single target options for dropping targets fast. In fact only time i really use Doombolt now is when the oil is too high or well defended for me to use PoS/SS on it and i need that extra range to stay alive, whilst still being able to drop the oil eventually.

Hope something in this wall of text helps :)

Zxul

Post#16 » Sun May 17, 2020 6:05 am

Starx wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:56 am White lion doesn't have healdebuff,
Actually they have a healdebuff, Thin The Herd is an outgoing one. Not sure how many spec it, but pretty sure I got hit with it on my dok.
"Can we play with him, master? He seems so unhappy. Let us help him smile. Please? Or at least let us carve one on his face when he stops screaming."

— Azeila, Alluress of Slaanesh

Sulorie

Post#17 » Sun May 17, 2020 8:22 am

Zxul wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 6:05 am
Starx wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:56 am White lion doesn't have healdebuff,
Actually they have a healdebuff, Thin The Herd is an outgoing one. Not sure how many spec it, but pretty sure I got hit with it on my dok.
This statement was used in the context of WL attacking sorc. Without an incoming healdebuff, a WL shouldn't be able to kill sorc through detaunt or guard, if there are competent heals.
Dying is no option.

Brew

Post#18 » Tue May 19, 2020 1:03 am

1st) Play in a group. Have a guard. Have competent healers. Have decent tanks. Good tank play will stop 99% of your deaths to WLs. Until you have that, don't bother reading further.

2nd) Work on positioning. Yes WLs and ASW have pounce, but theyre not 100ft range( i think). Take full advantage of your class mechanic and stay at 100ft.

3rd) USE POTS. Absorb, crafted and officer pots.

4th)This isn't a universal thing, just how I play BW and Sorc. I run Close Quarters in SCs, in rvr its not needed but in SCs you're more likely to get melee on you eventually. The idea is that if they get on you and your tanks/healers and yourself respond and you stabilize, you can just cast your rotation faster on the melee and just kill him. You need to have a plan for when you don't die, else you will just continue to get trained.
<Art Supplies>

Ads
raistomen

Post#19 » Tue May 19, 2020 2:38 pm

Brew wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:03 am 1st) Play in a group. Have a guard. Have competent healers. Have decent tanks. Good tank play will stop 99% of your deaths to WLs. Until you have that, don't bother reading further.

2nd) Work on positioning. Yes WLs and ASW have pounce, but theyre not 100ft range( i think). Take full advantage of your class mechanic and stay at 100ft.

3rd) USE POTS. Absorb, crafted and officer pots.

4th)This isn't a universal thing, just how I play BW and Sorc. I run Close Quarters in SCs, in rvr its not needed but in SCs you're more likely to get melee on you eventually. The idea is that if they get on you and your tanks/healers and yourself respond and you stabilize, you can just cast your rotation faster on the melee and just kill him. You need to have a plan for when you don't die, else you will just continue to get trained.
shouldnt the tank be like ,in the enemy backline? or should i be there with him in the backline? that seems a bit risky. otehrwise I don't want a tank just wasting the time near me.

Brew

Post#20 » Tue May 19, 2020 10:43 pm

raistomen wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 2:38 pm shouldnt the tank be like ,in the enemy backline? or should i be there with him in the backline? that seems a bit risky. otehrwise I don't want a tank just wasting the time near me.
The tank isnt a dps, he is a tank. Assuming your other dps is a mdps, 1 tank's job is to enable the mdps, other is controlling other aspects of the fight, and if there is nothing else to do, he assists the other 2. Challenge, Champ's Challenge, snare, kd, punt are all things a tank can do to keep an mdps from killing you. If you play with tanks that just run into the enemy healers and are now 200ft awy from you when there are WLs around, yeah they're not going to really help prevent your death.
<Art Supplies>