Recent Topics

Ads

Engi vs Magus aoe specs

Let's talk about... everything else
Przepraszam

Re: Engi vs Magus aoe specs

Post#11 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:02 pm

Apperantly theres a big change in magus performance after obtaining crit damage on soverign, unfortenatly for me i dont have it yet (running 5 piece invader with 3 sov), but up to that i never felt to be strong (as a class) , i always had to work my arse off to be on par with others ( playing changing spec)
Billpullman Blips
Millivanilli Karvosky

Ads
Starx

Post#12 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:05 pm

Przepraszam wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:02 pm Apperantly theres a big change in magus performance after obtaining crit damage on soverign, unfortenatly for me i dont have it yet (running 4 piece invader with 3 sov), but up to that i never felt to be strong (as a class) , i always had to work my arse off to be on par with others ( playing changing spec)
you get 15% crit damage + a proc that increases it a further 12% for 27% increased crit damage potentially. Which probably translates to at most a 15% increase in damage but more like 10%. Also speaking of procs giving ON HIT procs to classes that are notorious for using DoTs is kinda cruel. Really should be seeing things changed over to on ability activation for casters.

Macias

Post#13 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:09 pm

lol ya buff engi, best joke today

Starx

Post#14 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:11 pm

Macias wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:09 pm lol ya buff engi, best joke today
Most people look at balance around city. The best joke you can do is "Engineer LF city WB" or "Magus LF city WB", you will almost never get invited, and if you do its a YOLO wb just wanting to que asap disregarding comp entirely.

adamthelc

Post#15 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:11 pm

Why not, they have already been given so much of what magus has why stop?

We want firestorm and now that we have it, its not good enough waaah.

Frag grenade was made to be corp, but thats not good enough we need every physical ability to be corp waaah.

Napalm is procing dire shield like a DD ability waaah, now its not being treated as DD so the damage is bad waaah.

Has there been a class treated better from live to this point than an engineer? You want everything good a magus has, but are they ever going to get the stuff an engineer has? Ranged AA, attacks that are dodge instead of disrupted or concussive mine?

Engineer has already had so many bones thrown to them. Give it a rest. If you don't like the class play something else.

Crumbs

Post#16 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:14 pm

doxifera wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:57 pm The author forgot to mention about the one shoot combo - Snipe + Focused Fire, probably his balance is selective)
P.S.
15% crit for everything, etc.
Yeah the title is "engi vs magus aoe specs", this poster forgot how to read or how to context, try that rotation in an organized city wb vs a wb like tups or drows or pnps, you will brain differently then.

and yeah that tactic is one of the few things we have to help our damage, its not core, requires a minimum of 12 points into tinkerer, then you can either choose grenades or single target for armor pen rounds, as a supporting spec. If you spec armor pen you lose on the other 50% of your aoe pressure. If you spec grenades your physical damage will be ass, tested with 800WS with an additional 6% armor pen on top of that. Don't want to spec WS? enjoy using phos shells like you already do for little to no effect. Again, we're talking the best vs the best. AKA where it matters and where people are thinking and min-maxing
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Starx

Post#17 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:14 pm

Pierce defense bot makes them sort of compelling in a WB setting as well. But if ranged SW ever gets buffed I guess they will just play that role better.

IDK why engineers cry over AT so much, it doesn't even deal damage until after 4 seconds, it BARELY deals more dmg than just spamming tentacle. It's only really ever used when you are out of ranged bc you got punted or running into a fight as something to use up otherwise dead GCD's.

doxifera

Post#18 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:16 pm

Macias wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:09 pm lol ya buff engi, best joke today
No, there’s a better joke in the next topic - buff WL for 6vs6. But yes, this one is funny too)

Ads
Crumbs

Post#19 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:19 pm

Starx wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:00 pm
Crumbs wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:33 pm So for any aspiring magus especially encroaching sov, since my post wont even be looked at because probably everyone is too worried about my language or whatever something personal about me, or they're not giving my knowledge about the classes their due credit.

My only option left is to release the build details on how you can be this kind of magus, big public build with all the deets, magus will love it, destro will love magus, order will hate magus and myself, and then maybe devs are going to reconsider the balance between the two, its a win win. I'm going to put everything down, including exactly how you spec your renown, the playstyle, and your 6man setup in WB/city/sc, It'll take me a bit to do the math on the stat optimizing but it'll be in the next day or two. I cbf waiting for a magus to stumble across the build so we can get this balance done and dusted as soon as possible.
games been out for like over a decade, not a whole lot has changed for magus/engineer there isn't much to theorycraft that hasn't been already. Even if magus is better than engineer for raw damage output in AoE for city it's still trash. IDC how good you are at magus a good sorc/mara/msh etc... will always put your damage to shame.
The magus I had try the spec outdpsed and outkbed everyone except one mara, including sorcs like morphia, by a **** mile, and other really good meta AF aoe dps destro classes that were also morale bombing, mshs, choppas, all rr80+ in sov. You're plain wrong. And i will prove it in time to everyone, also like ive said to anyone asking about magus/engi, its probably the highest skill cap dps class in the game, and youre punished heavily for playing it and speccing it wrong, which is 90% of the reason you see them underperforming.
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70

Crumbs

Post#20 » Wed May 20, 2020 2:25 pm

adamthelc wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:11 pm Why not, they have already been given so much of what magus has why stop?

We want firestorm and now that we have it, its not good enough waaah.

Frag grenade was made to be corp, but thats not good enough we need every physical ability to be corp waaah.

Napalm is procing dire shield like a DD ability waaah, now its not being treated as DD so the damage is bad waaah.

Has there been a class treated better from live to this point than an engineer? You want everything good a magus has, but are they ever going to get the stuff an engineer has? Ranged AA, attacks that are dodge instead of disrupted or concussive mine?

Engineer has already had so many bones thrown to them. Give it a rest. If you don't like the class play something else.
Dont care about the treatment its gotten, the point is its not enough. And you dont even comprehend or even begin to grasp by how much. I do, the best way to educate you is for you to play one at high skill level, god id love to see the big bowl of eating your own words id see you force swallow, end up mute, and probably delete the class or never play it seriously again. The only suitable reply to your shitty argument
Mekanik/Cqb [engi] 40/86
Zuu [AM] 40/83
[magus] 40/70