Recent Topics

Ads

[WP] Wrath 2h BiS gear

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
Throlla

[WP] Wrath 2h BiS gear

Post#1 » Wed May 20, 2020 5:29 pm

What topic says. Did anyone made any calculation? its very expensive to get warlord/sov and city raids are usually NA time or very early in the morning for EU ppl. Anyways Full warlord looks awsome, but maybe its better to combine differnt sets. Some of the Sov martyr pieces could be interesting also, even though its meant for grace wp specc.

Any info would be helpful :)

Ads
hippyia

Re: [WP] Wrath 2h BiS gear

Post#2 » Wed May 20, 2020 7:07 pm

Your BIS will be 5warlord and 3 off sov.

Sov helm - 2crit
WL shoulders - 2crit
WL back -2crit
WL chest -4parry
Sov hands -2crit
WL belt - just decent stats and completes your 5piece for warlord.
Sov boots - 2parry

x2 genesis(warrior): remnant and aspect.
Sent ring
WL ring

BL 2h sledge(4.2 ws)

Going for full warlord outside of 6v6 could work for sure, you'll be picking up grace of sigmar with the extra two points to help out with your DA lifetaps(This build means you either lose LTP or sigmars shield along with your wounds buff, so you'll need to run with another salv/grace wp to get that buff. In regards to losing LTP and sigmars shield, its borderline not worth it due to how strong these two are. that being said the option is there), but in my eyes it'll never be worth losing 80+ str/wounds from sov set, let alone its crit.

In regards to the 7pc, its very nice and appealing, especially due to how ap starved dps wp is, even when you're using ap pots on cd(like any mdps tbh). But you could build your group to accomodate this (kotbs ap aura, rp, salv wp)

But, again you're losing very valuable stats, 80+ str/wounds.

jokerspsycho

Post#3 » Wed May 20, 2020 7:49 pm

hippyia wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:07 pm Your BIS will be 5warlord and 3 off sov.

Sov helm - 2crit
WL shoulders - 2crit
WL back -2crit
WL chest -4parry
Sov hands -2crit
Sov boots - 2parry

Sent ring
WL ring

BL 2h sledge(4.2 ws)

Going for full warlord outside of 6v6 could work for sure, you'll be picking up grace of sigmar with the extra two points to help out with your DA lifetaps(This build means you either lose LTP or sigmars shield along with your wounds buff, so you'll need to run with another salv/grace wp to get that buff. In regards to losing LTP and sigmars shield, its borderline not worth it due to how strong these two are. that being said the option is there), but in my eyes it'll never be worth losing 80+ str/wounds from sov set, let alone its crit.

In regards to the 7pc, its very nice and appealing, especially due to how ap starved dps wp is, even when you're using ap pots on cd(like any mdps tbh). But you could build your group to accomodate this (kotbs ap aura, rp, salv wp)

Does 2h WP work to the same effect as a dps dok? Cause I've heard dok and a meta dps pick, I rarely hear around a 2h wp

Hypernia

Post#4 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:02 pm

No. Dok is much better at DPS than WP

jokerspsycho

Post#5 » Wed May 20, 2020 8:04 pm

Hypernia wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:02 pm No. Dok is much better at DPS than WP
So when people say dps WP works, they are speaking only to the fact you can spec into wrath and hit stuff. Unfortunate lol.

Edit: suppose most classes only have a few optimal trees. Not out of the ordinary for a class to have one aspect that just "works"

hippyia

Post#6 » Fri May 22, 2020 3:40 pm

jokerspsycho wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:49 pm
hippyia wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:07 pm Your BIS will be 5warlord and 3 off sov.

Sov helm - 2crit
WL shoulders - 2crit
WL back -2crit
WL chest -4parry
Sov hands -2crit
Sov boots - 2parry

Sent ring
WL ring

BL 2h sledge(4.2 ws)

Does 2h WP work to the same effect as a dps dok? Cause I've heard dok and a meta dps pick, I rarely hear around a 2h wp
dps dok will apply more pressure than a wrath wp, while a wrath wp will provide more anti-burst potential to your group through sigmars shield. Devour essence is just insanely good for offence, while sigmars shield is insanely good for defence.

If you play for morale m3 from dps+knight and in an ideal world m4 for ib axeslam then sure, it'll have its place and with its defensive capabilities an wp will get you there, but if you bring something like that you'll probably just get countered with morale draining WE(s) meaning you won't reach your kill potential outside of morales.

Getting parried on a 2h wp hurts your dps a **** ton due to the double edged sword of having a slow hitting, high damage 2h weapon(4.2ws) especially when a lot of your sustain comes from white hits, while geting parried on a dok due to it being 2x 1h isn't as impactful. Its alot harder to apply your damage on a 2h wp than it is on a mdok, and thats not even bringing devour essence into the subject. There will be an argument like "just hit them from the back and never get parried, the same applies to tanks wanting to punt, they will always aim to get behing before going for a punt, but alot of the time you'll not actually be behind the target despite it appearing so..)

But if you want to get a 6man up and stomp pug scs or just roam around or whatever, then yeah you're gonna have a **** ton of fun on the 2h wp with good gear and setup and you'll see some big numbers. Just don't expect it to have comparable pre morale kill pressure to an mdok outside of morales when going up against solid 6mans

boomcat
Suspended

Post#7 » Tue May 26, 2020 5:12 pm

hippyia wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 3:40 pm
jokerspsycho wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:49 pm

Sov helm - 2crit
WL shoulders - 2crit
WL back -2crit
WL chest -4parry
Sov hands -2crit
Sov boots - 2parry

Sent ring
WL ring

BL 2h sledge(4.2 ws)

dps dok will apply more pressure than a wrath wp, while a wrath wp will provide more anti-burst potential to your group through sigmars shield. Devour essence is just insanely good for offence, while sigmars shield is insanely good for defence.

If you play for morale m3 from dps+knight and in an ideal world m4 for ib axeslam then sure, it'll have its place and with its defensive capabilities an wp will get you there, but if you bring something like that you'll probably just get countered with morale draining WE(s) meaning you won't reach your kill potential outside of morales.

Getting parried on a 2h wp hurts your dps a **** ton due to the double edged sword of having a slow hitting, high damage 2h weapon(4.2ws) especially when a lot of your sustain comes from white hits, while geting parried on a dok due to it being 2x 1h isn't as impactful. Its alot harder to apply your damage on a 2h wp than it is on a mdok, and thats not even bringing devour essence into the subject. There will be an argument like "just hit them from the back and never get parried, the same applies to tanks wanting to punt, they will always aim to get behing before going for a punt, but alot of the time you'll not actually be behind the target despite it appearing so..)

But if you want to get a 6man up and stomp pug scs or just roam around or whatever, then yeah you're gonna have a **** ton of fun on the 2h wp with good gear and setup and you'll see some big numbers. Just don't expect it to have comparable pre morale kill pressure to an mdok outside of morales when going up against solid 6mans
can u link that RoR build plz :D ?!?! Wich classes can you beat 1v1 ? thanks in advance
BO - Noobhammer
Chosen - Korda
Chopper - Buzzatar
Mara - Boomcat
WP - Rosenetta
WH - Rosen

Henrak

Post#8 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:23 am

If dok dps more maybe its time to do something.

Ads
Sinisterror

Post#9 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:36 am

RoR.builders - Warrior Priest

Add 10% Armour penetration on Fanaticism, and make castigation stackable 2x and on second hit you buff your iniative. If you dont to add 10% armour pene on fanaticism then make castigaton stackable 3x times and on third hit you buff your wpn skill. Good dmg/buffs from 3x dot but you need 10 seconds to do all that. Same changes for dok. Bring back Sigmar's radiance/Transfer essence but it would only heal you and def target when 2hander/dualwield. Increase Divine strike/Consume essence 20 ft. Also cool procs on wpns or gear like Red Frenzy 25 % AA dmg for 5 seconds. Or when your attack is avoided you do small amount of dmg to them.

Add healing back to guilty soul, even if just from 2 dots not all of them. Double the dmg of prayer of righteousness but only for wp not the grp(remove 1 sec cd, from dok as well). Some kind of 65 ft reflect/conver dmg back to heal, 3 sec cast, can do it while moving and when you are attacked by your target you get 20% movement speed for 5 seconds. You are immune from targets dmg and 50% dmg from your target heals your defensive target. 15 Sec cooldown and this would be help heal someone from 65 ft range while you are immune to dmg and target you heal can be out of los. If nothing else add the 50% AA haste tactic to other essential tactic, would leave extra tactic slot what both dd wp/dok need. IF nothing else.

Add 15% AA dmg+haste for WP. Also if you are 2h/dualwield righteousness/celerity gives only you 5% armour pene or 5 % crit dmg etc. These are just idea's and im not saying wp or dok espesially should get all of these skills im suggesting some interesing skills ( to me atleast ) so you can say why they are bad/op/anything. Personally i would give up dok's HD for guilty soul if it's like i said earlier, but add heal debuff for dok 10 sec dot with 8 sec cooldown and when target is healed it takes decent amout of dmg, or cleansed it does aoe dmg. Wp's healdebuff would be like this also but would have 20% snare on the aoe dmg if cleansed.
"To clarify, me asking to developers to go test their own changes is not sign of toxicity or anger, but a sign of hope that the people punching in the numbers remain aware of potential consequences and test their own changes"-Teefz

yoluigi

Post#10 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:23 pm

Sinisterror wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:36 am RoR.builders - Warrior Priest

Add 10% Armour penetration on Fanaticism, and make castigation stackable 2x and on second hit you buff your iniative. If you dont to add 10% armour pene on fanaticism then make castigaton stackable 3x times and on third hit you buff your wpn skill. Good dmg/buffs from 3x dot but you need 10 seconds to do all that. Same changes for dok. Bring back Sigmar's radiance/Transfer essence but it would only heal you and def target when 2hander/dualwield. Increase Divine strike/Consume essence 20 ft. Also cool procs on wpns or gear like Red Frenzy 25 % AA dmg for 5 seconds. Or when your attack is avoided you do small amount of dmg to them.

Add healing back to guilty soul, even if just from 2 dots not all of them. Double the dmg of prayer of righteousness but only for wp not the grp(remove 1 sec cd, from dok as well). Some kind of 65 ft reflect/conver dmg back to heal, 3 sec cast, can do it while moving and when you are attacked by your target you get 20% movement speed for 5 seconds. You are immune from targets dmg and 50% dmg from your target heals your defensive target. 15 Sec cooldown and this would be help heal someone from 65 ft range while you are immune to dmg and target you heal can be out of los. If nothing else add the 50% AA haste tactic to other essential tactic, would leave extra tactic slot what both dd wp/dok need. IF nothing else.

Add 15% AA dmg+haste for WP. Also if you are 2h/dualwield righteousness/celerity gives only you 5% armour pene or 5 % crit dmg etc. These are just idea's and im not saying wp or dok espesially should get all of these skills im suggesting some interesing skills ( to me atleast ) so you can say why they are bad/op/anything. Personally i would give up dok's HD for guilty soul if it's like i said earlier, but add heal debuff for dok 10 sec dot with 8 sec cooldown and when target is healed it takes decent amout of dmg, or cleansed it does aoe dmg. Wp's healdebuff would be like this also but would have 20% snare on the aoe dmg if cleansed.
you should add it to my subject in my post in (Suggestions & Feedback)