Recent Topics

Ads

This is a suggestion

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Sathum

This is a suggestion

Post#1 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:40 am

Modification and editing are welcomed... Please if staff/developer feedback on this would be much appreciated.
Since this game is not really alt friendly. Able to transfer conquer, vanquisher, oppressor Medallions and
Emblems to your alt would be amazing. It will make more players to play the game and stay. This will help roll alt because people do not want go through the grind STANDING or afk in RvR or SCs.

Make Invader/Royals be obtainable through WEEKLY quest.
If You hit 50 RR you gain access to pick up a quest to obtain vanquisher/oppressor currency. After you reach RR 60 you are able to obtain Invader currency from the same weekly quest. Finally after RR 70 obtain royals currency from weekly quest. This weekly quest will consist of...Let's just say one weekly quest.
You have to:
Win/play like 10 scenarios,
Win/play 2 ranked scenarios ( since it does not pop often or people just does not like ranked ),
Defend 1 keep,
Capture one keep,
Play/win one city,
Kill 200 player in RvR.
Kill 100 players in SCs.
Kill 2 dangeon bosses.
You get the point...
They can mix and match what quest will look like but the point is after completing this weekly quests you get like:
30-40 vanq/oppressors at RR 50+
5-6 invader at RR 60+
4-5 royals at RR 70+.
Tell me what you guys think!!!

Ads
Battlefield

Re: Staff/Devs attention. PvP end game currency and more.

Post#2 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:55 am

It will be good quest im sure :)

Sathum

Re: This is a suggestion

Post#3 » Thu May 21, 2020 2:43 am

/bump this post please.

adapter
Suspended

Post#4 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:57 am

I like it, i like it a lot, make it happen pls!
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Vilard

Post#5 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:55 am

Transferring crests/emblems/medallions between characters might be a good idea, but it has its downsides. Think about it this way: the amount of currency you gather is directly correlated to the amount of time you play on that character. And this is correlated to the knowledge and skill of playing that character. The longer you play the better you become and in the same time the more currency of higher level you get. If you transfer all that currency to another toon you will get the better gear but not the skills. And the potential to abuse this system is immense. I could make myself a 40/40 toon in a good +50% exp weekend, and then put it in RvR zones to afk when I am doing something else. The toon will progress in RR due to zone locks, and I will get the gear I want without actually putting any effort. That’s only two downsides I can think off on the top of my head. I think there is a lot more.

About weekly quests. They are designed for people to play the game but not to enjoy it. They are mend to keep you in game so you will feel obligated to play. At some point they become a chore. Even now the weekend events are sometimes like that. If you want to get your "reward of the week" you have to grind scenarios. That is not fun for everyone.

The idea you have speeds up the progression that does not need to be speed up most of the time. Anything except of invader and sovereign is accessible in short amount of time by just playing the game. The last ones are harder because you have to play the game in a specific way: go to forts/cities. And people do not like that. It forces you to play in a way you might not enjoy. The same goes for weekly quests. They force you to play in a way you might not enjoy to progress faster.

In my opinion the problem lays in this forced way to play the game: forts/cities and the accessibility of it. Forts and cities come at random times and everyone is complaining that they do not get to city because they are at work/asleep and all the other time zones get cities except for their own. So forts/cities force you to not only play the game in a specific way but also force you to organize your life in a specific way (If your goal is to progress in game). That is definitely not ok.

My solution is a lot simpler then weekly quests. Just give invaders to rr60+, and royals to rr 70+ for wining and locking zones. But not every zone. For every let’s say 10 zones locked with your character getting the contribution in that zone. This way whenever you log in you may go to RvR lake and you will know that there will be a reward for that. You do not have to hunt forts/cities. All you have to do is what you are doing already: go to RvR zone and try to win. This system works for bag rolls. It might be implemented for end game rewards only at slower pace.

First you will get rewarded for playing the game in a way you want to play. And second of all you will not be forced to organize your life around the game. Every casual player when he logs in will participate and get the reward for playing and the reward will not be based on some "random" chance of getting to a city in a specific time of the day. Those who will get to the city/fort will be rewarded normally but it is a reward for their "sacrifice" in real life. If you play a lot you will progress faster and the chance you will get to city/fort is higher so you will progress even faster. And that is ok. Games should not require of you to "sacrifice" your "real life" (that what daily/weekly quests do btw) to progress. That should be your choice. If you want to spent time in game go for it, and progress faster. If you can't or do not want to you will progress in your own pace.

Sathum

Post#6 » Thu May 21, 2020 3:46 pm

Vilard wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:55 am Transferring crests/emblems/medallions between characters might be a good idea, but it has its downsides. Think about it this way: the amount of currency you gather is directly correlated to the amount of time you play on that character. And this is correlated to the knowledge and skill of playing that character. The longer you play the better you become and in the same time the more currency of higher level you get. If you transfer all that currency to another toon you will get the better gear but not the skills. And the potential to abuse this system is immense. I could make myself a 40/40 toon in a good +50% exp weekend, and then put it in RvR zones to afk when I am doing something else. The toon will progress in RR due to zone locks, and I will get the gear I want without actually putting any effort. That’s only two downsides I can think off on the top of my head. I think there is a lot more.

About weekly quests. They are designed for people to play the game but not to enjoy it. They are mend to keep you in game so you will feel obligated to play. At some point they become a chore. Even now the weekend events are sometimes like that. If you want to get your "reward of the week" you have to grind scenarios. That is not fun for everyone.

The idea you have speeds up the progression that does not need to be speed up most of the time. Anything except of invader and sovereign is accessible in short amount of time by just playing the game. The last ones are harder because you have to play the game in a specific way: go to forts/cities. And people do not like that. It forces you to play in a way you might not enjoy. The same goes for weekly quests. They force you to play in a way you might not enjoy to progress faster.

In my opinion the problem lays in this forced way to play the game: forts/cities and the accessibility of it. Forts and cities come at random times and everyone is complaining that they do not get to city because they are at work/asleep and all the other time zones get cities except for their own. So forts/cities force you to not only play the game in a specific way but also force you to organize your life in a specific way (If your goal is to progress in game). That is definitely not ok.

My solution is a lot simpler then weekly quests. Just give invaders to rr60+, and royals to rr 70+ for wining and locking zones. But not every zone. For every let’s say 10 zones locked with your character getting the contribution in that zone. This way whenever you log in you may go to RvR lake and you will know that there will be a reward for that. You do not have to hunt forts/cities. All you have to do is what you are doing already: go to RvR zone and try to win. This system works for bag rolls. It might be implemented for end game rewards only at slower pace.

First you will get rewarded for playing the game in a way you want to play. And second of all you will not be forced to organize your life around the game. Every casual player when he logs in will participate and get the reward for playing and the reward will not be based on some "random" chance of getting to a city in a specific time of the day. Those who will get to the city/fort will be rewarded normally but it is a reward for their "sacrifice" in real life. If you play a lot you will progress faster and the chance you will get to city/fort is higher so you will progress even faster. And that is ok. Games should not require of you to "sacrifice" your "real life" (that what daily/weekly quests do btw) to progress. That should be your choice. If you want to spent time in game go for it, and progress faster. If you can't or do not want to you will progress in your own pace.
I agree with you partially simply because weekly quests is NOT a daily... It's not a chore (trust me I played A LOT of MMOs to say that) it's just help players to NOT JUST progress A LITTLE faster not a lot. However it will help people to not have log in for city at 3 am in morning to just collect Invaders/Royals.
Look closer what tasks I propose for weekly quest...
Side note they do not have to include every task for weekly quest or specific amount and specific task I gave example to. All they need to do twick my idea. It will make Happy's lot of people.... knowing that they can do certain tasks and be FOR SURE rewarded for that TASKS.... unlike right now is RNG based literally 80% of the game...

Sathum

Post#7 » Thu May 21, 2020 3:49 pm

I never said this weekly quest system I propose is a solution to fix cities/fort problem login in at specific time... HOWEVER it a small step to a solution....

nanakaros

Post#8 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:56 pm

Stop reading when this guy proposed to obtain end game currency by doing quests.

Ads