Recent Topics

Ads

BW - Talisman for second slot of weapon?.. end game

Knight of the Blazing Sun, Bright Wizard, Witch Hunter, Warrior Priest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
TwistedSister77

BW - Talisman for second slot of weapon?.. end game

Post#1 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:36 pm

So I see most BWs put +24 wounds into their second slot of talisman. I went to buy in trade chat, but people told me I was a ****** for doing that as it is empty hit points. I was advised that toughness was the best since it's straight up damage reduction.

Thoughts?

I"m assuming slotting +24 Int talismans in my other gear spots (invader).

Thanks

Ads
Mitzie

Re: BW - Talisman for second slot of weapon?.. end game

Post#2 » Wed May 20, 2020 11:27 pm

I don't know why anyone would suggest Toughness on a BW, but I'd suggest Wounds. You'll have 240 more hit points to survive morales and other attacks. But I'd like to know why anyone would suggest Toughness in case I'm missing something.

TwistedSister77

Post#3 » Thu May 21, 2020 12:36 am

Mitzie wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:27 pm I don't know why anyone would suggest Toughness on a BW, but I'd suggest Wounds. You'll have 240 more hit points to survive morales and other attacks. But I'd like to know why anyone would suggest Toughness in case I'm missing something.
He said it would reduce all types of damage incoming, which would be more beneficial than just hit points.

Mitzie

Post#4 » Thu May 21, 2020 3:01 am

TwistedSister77 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:36 am
Mitzie wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:27 pm I don't know why anyone would suggest Toughness on a BW, but I'd suggest Wounds. You'll have 240 more hit points to survive morales and other attacks. But I'd like to know why anyone would suggest Toughness in case I'm missing something.
He said it would reduce all types of damage incoming, which would be more beneficial than just hit points.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure Toughness only has to do with dot damage, not all damage. Armor mitigates physical damage and resist mitigates magic damage.

geezereur

Post#5 » Thu May 21, 2020 3:49 am

slot wounds

Zaxxond

Post#6 » Thu May 21, 2020 4:21 am

Go full Russian and slot ballistic.

wonshot

Post#7 » Thu May 21, 2020 7:19 am

I Would got for int and wounds. Bw mekanic will self Hurt you a few times during each encounter you have. If you Are running With lets say 6000 health and get hit by 750 a couple of times from you combustion, your aggression needs to change if you Are solo, pugging or unhealed.

Having a healthy hp pool is Nice to deal With the selfhurt damage you will inflict on yourself, it will not make healers panic aa much when they see you getting hit randomly three times for 750 on a 6k hp pool VS a 7k hp pool. Not to mention wounds is the only stat to make you survive moraldrops potentially.

Thoughness is a direct counter to enemies mainstats. If they Are softcapped at 1050 you need 780something Thoughness to cancel out their bonusfamage, but the raw basedamage will still hit you. Stacking Thoughness needs to have a reason behind it, and slotting extra random Thoughness will barely help you
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

TwistedSister77

Post#8 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:16 pm

Thanks all, appreciated!

Ads
Skullgrin

Post#9 » Thu May 21, 2020 5:21 pm

Zaxxond wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:21 am Go full Russian and slot ballistic.

Are you kidding me?!? Slotting Strength and Weapon Skill is the only way to go! :mrgreen:
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80