Recent Topics

Ads

Returning Player - state of the game

Let's talk about... everything else
coercer02

Returning Player - state of the game

Post#1 » Wed May 27, 2020 12:46 am

Hi Everyone!

You probably see these type of questions every day - but I've been a massive fan of the game back in the days, and just found out about this project.
Very interested in returning and jumping in, however my biggest fear is - not necessarily a lack of player base, but that the entire player-base is playing at max level? Given how its been in development for several years it seems like, is there enough players at various tier-levels? And I guess what's the overall state of the game?

Thanks a lot!

Ads
Boomie82

Re: Returning Player - state of the game

Post#2 » Wed May 27, 2020 2:35 am

There is only 2 Tiers in RoR.
Tier 1, thats level 1-16 and they merged Tier 2-4. Thats 16-40 (max level).
And yes, there is always people leveling some alts.

jtj5002

Post#3 » Wed May 27, 2020 4:11 am

It takes less than a week to get to RR40.
Dok Mileycyruuus
BG Mileycyruus
Chosen Mileycyrusdad

growill

Post#4 » Wed May 27, 2020 6:24 pm

coercer02 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:46 am Hi Everyone!

You probably see these type of questions every day - but I've been a massive fan of the game back in the days, and just found out about this project.
Very interested in returning and jumping in, however my biggest fear is - not necessarily a lack of player base, but that the entire player-base is playing at max level? Given how its been in development for several years it seems like, is there enough players at various tier-levels? And I guess what's the overall state of the game?

Thanks a lot!
Nah if you haven't played in a while I'm sure you'll be fine. There's a lot of people at all levels. As someone said there's only 3 tiers: 1-15, 16-39 (both thos tiers come with stat boosts if you are under leveled) and 40+ in scenario
In open RvR it's just 1-15 and 16+ (still with stat boosts)
Of course you will see disparity and a bit of power gap but that's expected.
Though this being a heavily group-focused game you won't feel completely powerless/useless.

For me both RvR and SCs have been fun and rewarding at all levels.
It gets a bit more painful as you start farming highest level gear or leveling an alt (might be subjective to me)

But if you enjoied this game and/or are looking into some group-focused pvp action you're in for a lot of fun!
Seriously don't worry and get in :D

coercer02

Post#5 » Wed May 27, 2020 7:19 pm

growill wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:24 pm

Thanks a lot!
Nah if you haven't played in a while I'm sure you'll be fine. There's a lot of people at all levels. As someone said there's only 3 tiers: 1-15, 16-39 (both thos tiers come with stat boosts if you are under leveled) and 40+ in scenario
In open RvR it's just 1-15 and 16+ (still with stat boosts)
Of course you will see disparity and a bit of power gap but that's expected.
Though this being a heavily group-focused game you won't feel completely powerless/useless.

For me both RvR and SCs have been fun and rewarding at all levels.
It gets a bit more painful as you start farming highest level gear or leveling an alt (might be subjective to me)

But if you enjoied this game and/or are looking into some group-focused pvp action you're in for a lot of fun!
Seriously don't worry and get in :D
Thanks a lot! Downloading now!
Any recommendations on classes? If my memory serves me correctly, I played at least 500 hours as Marauder, but also had a bunch of alts like squig, zealot, and khaine. Not sure if there were changes made and its different to the base game?

growill

Post#6 » Thu May 28, 2020 4:38 am

Have a look on the forums, there's a few classes you should avoid ie shadow warrior and engi. Destro side i'm not sure. The ones you mentioned should all be viable. Squig is probably only viable in melee build (still talking about late game)

Brakh

Post#7 » Thu May 28, 2020 9:22 am

Thanks a lot!
For me, the main problem is how impactful the vertical progression is. You will be literally stomped while entering to a new tier.
But overall nostalgic feeling should work for a while.

Miaso

Post#8 » Fri May 29, 2020 3:33 pm

I came back recently after playing live and was very impressed, I am level 29 now and don't feel particularly under powered. The bolster system works very well so even though I come up against level 40's I feel like I can be useful to groups/warband and solo'd a few level 40's in the RVR lake, as you get bolstered to level 48. People have said the biggest gear difference is when you hit level 40, but I haven't done that yet so can't comment, but before that its fine.

Ads
Akalukz

Post#9 » Fri May 29, 2020 4:19 pm

Miaso wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 3:33 pm I came back recently after playing live and was very impressed, I am level 29 now and don't feel particularly under powered. The bolster system works very well so even though I come up against level 40's I feel like I can be useful to groups/warband and solo'd a few level 40's in the RVR lake, as you get bolstered to level 48. People have said the biggest gear difference is when you hit level 40, but I haven't done that yet so can't comment, but before that its fine.

This is proably pretty accurate. IF they would speed up conq or vanquisher acquisition that would go a long way in ORvR when you hit lvl 40. Going into lvl 40 with annihilator / mercenary gear is brutal, especially in scenarios.
-= Agony =-