Recent Topics

Ads

Client download issues and troubleshooting

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
vyrns

Re: Client download issues and troubleshooting

Post#2021 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:53 am

Error Downloading updater:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\Users\Megaport\Desktop\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe' est refusé.
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
à RoRUpdater.MainWindow.c7L3Zl71wSqG8TOaIO(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
à RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )

Ads
Acidic

Post#2022 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:04 pm

vyrns wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:53 am Error Downloading updater:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: L'accès au chemin d'accès 'C:\Users\Megaport\Desktop\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\RoRLauncher.exe' est refusé.
à System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
à System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAhttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
à System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
à RoRUpdater.MainWindow.c7L3Zl71wSqG8TOaIO(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
à RoRUpdater.MainWindow.tYB114Sxk(Object , DownloadDataCompletedEventArgs )
The problem is user failed to read installation instructions.

This looks like the files are still write protected, remove write protection from game files and subdirectories

Gathalamor

Post#2023 » Fri May 29, 2020 11:03 am

HI guys,

Old WAR player returning to Reckoning I hope - but I've hit an issue.

I followed all the installation instructions, watched the video, everything seemed to go fine. Did all the bits like stopping the torrent, moving the folder, unticking read-only etc.

Launched the launcher as admin, and the first couple of times it downloaded a few bits and then let me launch the game. Heard the intro movie but no visuals. No problem I thought, the video said I might have to restart the launcher several times. So did that, and then at one point it started downloading 171902 files... I actually left it to run overnight since it was clear it wasn't going to happen late last night, I've come back to it today and it's still only just done over 100k of the files.

Have I done something really stupid? Am I causing problems for others by unknowingly re-downloading the entire game via the launcher?

I expect I've done something dumb and simple so would really appreciate any kind of help!

EDIT: Ignore me everyone, it's working! Just had to wait another few hours of downloading...

Psydiin

Post#2024 » Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:38 pm

I added the folder to my av exceptions list, disabled read only, and tried the launcher. I get a red update button which downloads nothing then closes the launcher and nothing happens. When I try the updater, nothing happens. Tried running as admin and as admin with windows 7 compatibility, no change. Looked for warpatch.exe and it's not there. Should I just delete everything and try again?

Zealhealx

Post#2025 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:30 pm

anyone know how to fix this? i tried everything launcher just wont work..

nibbles

Post#2026 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:52 pm

@Zealhealx Disable the 'Windows Touch Service' until microsoft patch their threads over running a few seconds.
Naughty hack devs could use would be to call Application.DoEvents() but thats not a good idea.

Zealhealx

Post#2027 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:18 pm

@nibbles How do i disable it? i dont even have windows touch

dontdieych

Post#2028 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:34 pm

Can we get more recent updated version of torrent?

11GB Downloaded about 15 minutes. Followed instruction. Launcher updated, restarted, Now downloading only 749 files forever!

Ads
Balderdashing

Post#2029 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:54 pm

Hi. I recently had to wipe my hard drive and have been having trouble getting the launcher to install properly. I unticked the read-only box and followed the instructions in the readme, but for some reason my launcher displays this below error roughly 20 - 80 files (out of 747) in and then stops progressing the patch process:

Disconnected from server. Error: System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.EndReceive(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at RoRLauncher.Client.q4n090Jg8IbBPg6aMFq(Object , Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.Hnw1heD1Cx(Object )

Any ideas as to what's going on?

narimoon

Post#2030 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:15 pm

I can open up the launcher until this error pops up. This won't let me connect and play the game. Thank you in advance if anyone can help me with this.

Error: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\bonni\Desktop\ReturnOfReckoning-March2020\Warhammer Online - Return of Reckoning\art.myp' is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at WarZoneLib.MYP.My4TN1eHa1f2sAhYKEC(Object , FileMode , FileAccess )
at WarZoneLib.MYP..ctor(String fileName, FileAccess access)
at WarZoneLib.MYPManager.Get(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.JcsabLJZmMNUxmOb6Kk(MythicPackage archive)
at RoRLauncher.Client.Handle(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.OmfoUCJhjT7sQWFldwT(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.OnReceive(PacketIn packet)
at RoRLauncher.Client.aVDAx2JYvQ7267th3Hp(Object )
at RoRLauncher.Client.Hnw1heD1Cx(Object )