Let's talk about... everything else
Arbich
Suspended

Re: Die in 1,5 sec. How to cure this?

Post#71 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 pm

Alfa1986 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:44 pm
wachlarz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 pm
adamthelc wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 pm

It's relevant because its time you have to act or react. PvP doesn't start the moment you start to get bursted.

It's normal, its literally what the class was designed to do. The fact that he only had to use DD abilities to blow you up is interesting, but that probably has more to do with you than him.

You might not want to accept this, but there is a large difference in what a sorc/bw can do to people who are playing poorly vs people who are playing more optimally.
How do I know that someone is targeting me? Someone must have done any offense before you know. In the case of Bw they are dots. How can you react to something you don't know? Should I detaut every Bw and wait for someone else to kill him? Bw did not reduce my resist. I wasn't near auras of kobs. I haven't had debuff from SM. So you can not use any of these mechanics and still Bw kill me without even using his 2 best dots. Burst class is class that can burst U from 100% to 0% in 1,5 sec or like U wanna tell 3 sec ? What the point assisting in this game if 1 class can burst U down?
Secondly, even if I had 1k wouds more. It would have taken 90% of My ALL LIFE anyway. So if I was fighting someone and I had 80% of my life, Bw may target me and kill with 1.5 (3 sec). When some1 pull U or punt away from guard U fly longer, and in this time ONE dps can kill U. And this is normal ? Its pvp game? mmo game? or arcade game? In arcade game U need react in 1,5 sec or like U wanna tell 3 sec.
how can you all not understand that it did not last 1.5 seconds but at least lasted 5-7 seconds. first BW had to put dots on you (2 sec), then cast fireball +3 sec, and only after that you already see your +1.5 sec in logs.
But there were no dots in combat log.
Wachlarz is correct. Such stuff shouldnt happen, cause you have no reaction time (thats why SW m2 was rightfully removed). But I would say that such situations are rare and gear/renown point spending does matter.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ads
Vayra

Post#72 » Thu May 28, 2020 10:33 pm

Arbich wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 pm
Wachlarz is correct. Such stuff shouldnt happen, cause you have no reaction time (thats why SW m2 was rightfully removed). But I would say that such situations are rare and gear/renown point spending does matter.
That's a gearing, renown issue. He took a little over 5k damage. That should not kill anyone at level 40. If you have ~5k health, you have failed at basic character building.

Besides, we all have eyes, we can look around the battlefield and avoid someone hardcasting spells.
Vayra - Sorc
Forkrul - DoK
Kalyth - BG

Hecksa

Post#73 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:05 pm

Vayra wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:33 pm
Arbich wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 pm Wachlarz is correct. Such stuff shouldnt happen, cause you have no reaction time (thats why SW m2 was rightfully removed). But I would say that such situations are rare and gear/renown point spending does matter.
That's a gearing, renown issue. He took a little over 5k damage. That should not kill anyone at level 40. If you have ~5k health, you have failed at basic character building.
Exactly. As a starting point, you have to consider how much defence you have chosen to include in your gear/build, and bear that in mind when complaining about other classes.

Otherwise, I could head into RvR naked and moan at how overpowered Zealot ST burst is. It killed me in 2 hits, after all!

This game is partially about building your character in an efficient way, and understanding the tradeoffs you're making by selecting the gear + spec you select. If you go full dps, you're going to get hit harder by enemies, and you need to be ready for that.

AxelF

Post#74 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:10 pm

Honestly, at this point it's pretty clear that you're steadfastly ignoring all the great advice you've been given in this thread and are adamant that it's not your fault, but still, I'll give it one go...

There were three main reasons you died here:

3) Your chance to be crit - what is it? You were crit three times in a row; maybe this was just unlucky rng in which case there's no thread here - you were unlucky, move on, but chances are you're not geared/rr specced right to have a low enough ctbc. As well as...

2) Your wounds. According to that damage log you have 5848 wounds. That's a bad joke - you're hilariously badly geared/specced. Honestly anyone running around with that level of wounds complaining they got killed quickly is just... You wonder why people have been questioning how long you've been playing the game? That right there is a big reason.

1) Your positioning. You're a Magus, you have a range bonus - position yourself so that you can hit your target and they/the opposing ranged dps can't hit you. I think you said you were in the 'starting area' - can't tell too well on phone but that looks like battle for Prague, and if so where you died is not the 'starting area'. Hell, there's a SM about 10 feet from you, and mounted enemies right under your ledge. Any of that should have been a red flag the size of which should have been impossible to miss telling you that this is a terrible place to be standing. If you hadn't have been time stamped by the BW you were probably about to be punted down and murdered anyway.

As many other people have said, you've received some great advice in this thread on how to avoid this happening, and have taken that advice incredibly poorly. Take it onboard and you probably won't be posting this exact same thread again in a couple of weeks. Or you could stick your head in the sand, insist that you played perfectly and are geared correctly, and experience a nasty case of deja vu.
Last edited by AxelF on Thu May 28, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adamthelc

Post#75 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:18 pm

adamthelc wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:51 pm
wachlarz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:21 am This is not my first character, neither the second nor even the third. I have all characters on the destro, each for at least 60 rr in times where rr was cut above 40 lvla renow. So please stop treat me like I've been playing this game for 2 days. On magus I have lvl 3 dis / dodge for sure fs lvl 2. Why I still hear how much Bw worked during these 3 sec to kill me. It is irrelevant. The end result counts. So it was 1.5 sec for me. Even let it last 3 sec. So we have to play 3 sec pvp and this is normal? From this screen you can see that Bw does not have to use any dots and still kill me. Nothing to cleans. Just raw dmg.
It's relevant because its time you have to act or react. PvP doesn't start the moment you start to get bursted.

It's normal, its literally what the class was designed to do. The fact that he only had to use DD abilities to blow you up is interesting, but that probably has more to do with you than him.

You might not want to accept this, but there is a large difference in what a sorc/bw can do to people who are playing poorly vs people who are playing more optimally.
How do I know that someone is targeting me? Someone must have done any offense before you know. In the case of Bw they are dots. How can you react to something you don't know? Should I detaut every Bw and wait for someone else to kill him? Bw did not reduce my resist. I wasn't near auras of kobs. I haven't had debuff from SM. So you can not use any of these mechanics and still Bw kill me without even using his 2 best dots. Burst class is class that can burst U from 100% to 0% in 1,5 sec or like U wanna tell 3 sec ? What the point assisting in this game if 1 class can burst U down?
Secondly, even if I had 1k wouds more. It would have taken 90% of My ALL LIFE anyway. So if I was fighting someone and I had 80% of my life, Bw may target me and kill with 1.5 (3 sec). When some1 pull U or punt away from guard U fly longer, and in this time ONE dps can kill U. And this is normal ? Its pvp game? mmo game? or arcade game? In arcade game U need react in 1,5 sec or like U wanna tell 3 sec.
I can't explain to you how to identify threats before they happen and anticipate them. Sometimes you get blown up, that doesnt mean you couldn't have done anything about it. You can learn from it and get better or cry that the game is unfair. What you choose to do is on you.

AxelF

Post#76 » Thu May 28, 2020 11:46 pm

Bw did not reduce my resist. I wasn't near auras of kobs. I haven't had debuff from SM. So you can not use any of these mechanics and still Bw kill me without even using his 2 best dots.
You're just making our point for us here. If that happened to you without any of those debuffs even being necessary that should be a massive clue that your gearing/spec is way off.

Secondly, even if I had 1k wouds more. It would have taken 90% of My ALL LIFE anyway.
Another 1k wounds would still be on the low side, but yes - with 1k more wounds you would have had the opportunity to withdraw, get healed up, learn, reposition and go again.
wachlarz wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 7:12 pm So if I was fighting someone and I had 80% of my life, Bw may target me and kill with 1.5 (3 sec).
This is called assisting. If two dps target an incorrectly geared, unguarded dps with low wounds, that dps is going to die. If two good dps target an unguarded well geared, well built dps, that dps will probably still die. That's why assisting = good play.

Grock

Post#77 » Fri May 29, 2020 12:51 am

AxelF wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:10 pm 2) Your wounds. According to that damage log you have 5848 wounds. That's a bad joke - you're hilariously badly geared/specced. Honestly anyone running around with that level of wounds complaining they got killed quickly is just... You wonder why people have been questioning how long you've been playing the game? That right there is a big reason.
Thats what im saying. Its not just some crazy BW burst, i could probably kill that magus in 2-3 GCDs when in 2h build if i open with Devastate when yellow and get lucky crits :lol:

A White Lion will probably eat it alive in a span of one gcd :lol:
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

Naelar

Post#78 » Fri May 29, 2020 1:55 am

My BW would have stood a decent chance to smoke him, too, and he is barely in his 30s.

OP, you are being given some good advice here. Heed it.

Ads
Spellbound

Post#79 » Fri May 29, 2020 2:56 am

AxelF wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 11:10 pm Honestly, at this point it's pretty clear that you're steadfastly ignoring all the great advice you've been given in this thread and are adamant that it's not your fault, but still, I'll give it one go...

There were three main reasons you died here:

3) Your chance to be crit - what is it? You were crit three times in a row; maybe this was just unlucky rng in which case there's no thread here - you were unlucky, move on, but chances are you're not geared/rr specced right to have a low enough ctbc. As well as...

2) Your wounds. According to that damage log you have 5848 wounds. That's a bad joke - you're hilariously badly geared/specced. Honestly anyone running around with that level of wounds complaining they got killed quickly is just... You wonder why people have been questioning how long you've been playing the game? That right there is a big reason.

1) Your positioning. You're a Magus, you have a range bonus - position yourself so that you can hit your target and they/the opposing ranged dps can't hit you. I think you said you were in the 'starting area' - can't tell too well on phone but that looks like battle for Prague, and if so where you died is not the 'starting area'. Hell, there's a SM about 10 feet from you, and mounted enemies right under your ledge. Any of that should have been a red flag the size of which should have been impossible to miss telling you that this is a terrible place to be standing. If you hadn't have been time stamped by the BW you were probably about to be punted down and murdered anyway.

As many other people have said, you've received some great advice in this thread on how to avoid this happening, and have taken that advice incredibly poorly. Take it onboard and you probably won't be posting this exact same thread again in a couple of weeks. Or you could stick your head in the sand, insist that you played perfectly and are geared correctly, and experience a nasty case of deja vu.
Typing all that and his response will still be “but 1,5 sec PvP?!”

Alfa1986

Post#80 » Fri May 29, 2020 6:08 am

Arbich wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:29 pm
Alfa1986 wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:44 pm

how can you all not understand that it did not last 1.5 seconds but at least lasted 5-7 seconds. first BW had to put dots on you (2 sec), then cast fireball +3 sec, and only after that you already see your +1.5 sec in logs.
Yes indeed. it’s strange that here sear and nova followed before fireball, well, perhaps BW used moral "focuced mind" with sloted tactic "close quartes", but this case the target must be very close (20 feet). And also it’s strange that all three abilities used for 1 second, either this is a display bug, or by reducing casting time this way, GCD does not work.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum