Recent Topics

Ads

email notification for city siege?

Let's talk about... everything else
ReturnOfTheMac

Re: email notification for city siege?

Post#11 » Sun May 31, 2020 5:52 pm

It's unfortunate that so many people feel any content that doesn't give them royals is a waste of time, even after the bag rework. I understand why people feel that way and why they eventually resort to city logging. Hopefully the royal rewards from rvr will get boosted a bit, maybe 2 for gold bags or something similar.

Ads
Elio

Post#12 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:21 pm

Eventually someone will write an app which somehow pulls from SoR to broadcast "Fort soon" or "City soon." But for now the best thing is to join a few active Discords; practically every active guild has a channel dedicated to city alarms.

warlover

Post#13 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:29 pm

Kaelang wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:17 pm How about logging in and participating in the efforts to get to a city?
What he Said

Alfa1986

Post#14 » Sun May 31, 2020 7:32 pm

I even miss a little about those days when there were no forts or cities, and the beastlord was the top equipment. just log in the game, gather a group, kill a monster and that’s it, you have the best set in the game.
15th orks on a dead elf's chest
yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Naelar

Post#15 » Sun May 31, 2020 8:20 pm

Amenhetum wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:05 pm "participating in the efforts to get a city" doesnt give me the awards of a city siege, which is why im hoping to find a way to make my limited play time more efficient after hitting 81.

and to everyone else thank you, seems discord notifications are the way to go
Us plebs in the community will just have to work harder to get you the rewards you feel you are entitled to. Post your phone number so we can call and alert you when city is imminent.

Omegus

Post#16 » Sun May 31, 2020 8:47 pm

ReturnOfTheMac wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 5:52 pm It's unfortunate that so many people feel any content that doesn't give them royals is a waste of time, even after the bag rework. I understand why people feel that way and why they eventually resort to city logging. Hopefully the royal rewards from rvr will get boosted a bit, maybe 2 for gold bags or something similar.
I already have the rewards from city (both sov sets, and am slowly working on Warlord even though I don't want/need it). I log in for cities because I actually enjoy doing cities. Its the closest thing to pure warband vs warband action this game has and the rare time my premade manages to get grouped against good order players makes up for all the time wasted stomping over pugs (which when you don't want/need the rewards is zero fun). To me the rest of the campaign - after playing it on and off for over a decade, is old, stale, boring, zergy, offers little oppotunity for inventive or creative plays to actually win zones and generally comes down to a numbers game. And forts are even worse than keeps/zones.

I was hoping ranked scenarios would offer a similar experience to city but when I found out "ranked scenarios" means 6v6 team deathmatch I was put off immediately.

Please don't force me to play a game mode I don't enjoy anymore (but more than paid my dues in to get Vanq and Invader before cities launched) just so I can play the mode I do enjoy.
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

toffikx

Post#17 » Sun May 31, 2020 9:24 pm

Naelar wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:20 pm
Amenhetum wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 4:05 pm "participating in the efforts to get a city" doesnt give me the awards of a city siege, which is why im hoping to find a way to make my limited play time more efficient after hitting 81.

and to everyone else thank you, seems discord notifications are the way to go
Us plebs in the community will just have to work harder to get you the rewards you feel you are entitled to. Post your phone number so we can call and alert you when city is imminent.
Not everyone can play for 6 hours straight to progress the campaign. Or want to wake up at odd hours and destroy the sleep schedule. Like, is anyone even suprised?

Amenhetum

Post#18 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:18 am

to be clear, I have 1 single character on 1 account. I don't xrealm and have no alts. I played non stop on live and did all the pve there was. re-doing the lower levels isn't appealing to me at all and I want my character to have the best gear before even considering rerolling.

all last week I`d log on and find I missed a city by a few minutes, then there's nothing at all to do for the following few hours. I don't feel like running around a t2/t3 zone as there's basically no meaningful progression after 80, nor do I enjoy the t4 keep zergs or fort lag sessions. If high rr players could drop royals on death in rvr like they used to, then Id gladly run around and do orvr non stop, but right now the only real way I can progress my character is by logging on at precisely the right time to get into a city.

Ads
adapter
Suspended

Post#19 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:38 am

Kaelang wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 3:17 pm How about logging in and participating in the efforts to get to a city?
How about not having so much free time that you can't play for hours before a City Siege? due to a City siege takes 1 hour to finish since queuein for it.

Not everyone has 2 to 5 hours a day to push a City.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Honshu
Banned

Post#20 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:49 am

Why should he?
Honest question. Set aside your emotion for a moment and think about it rationally. If you don't enjoy the gameplay of the oRVR zerg war (and coming from live, I never did, it was always the absolute worst part of the game), why would you engage in it if you can just sit back and wait for cities to unlock?

Not only is there clearly no meaningful incentive to engage in oRVR (unfun, gear is outdated), but there's no system in place to deny the culmination of its rewards to those who just sit and wait for the city alert to go off. Meanwhile, cities give the chance for the best gear, and many find it more enjoyable than the act of taking forts. Cities provide all the incentive to interact with that content, but oRVR provides little to none to interact with its content.

So why would you not city log? Where's the incentive to interact with the preceding content (forts)? Remember that incentives needn't merely be material (or, well, digital) goods. It could just as easily simply be "fun," but the oRVR zerg quickly loses its appeal due to a myriad of issues (game engine, server capacity, aoe spam ruling all, lack of meaningful individual engagement, etc etc), and nothing taken to excess remains fun (even if you find oRVR fun, you're not likely to find it fun every day all day, at least not for long).

If you want good gameplay, you need to design a system that gives incentive for performing the right behavior. The developers seem to feel that the culmination of gameplay should be city content, and they are reaping what they have sown with this incentive structure.