Recent Topics

Ads

[RoR] Behind the scene, incoming content.

Let's talk about... everything else
saupreusse
Developer

Re: [RoR] Behind the scene, incoming content.

Post#21 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:39 pm

Yaliskah wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:24 pm added Greenskins.

Thats all for weapons. As said, some gonna be reworked in time.

Second project will be revealed in the next hours.
KaK? new textures? new models? pls tell :^)

Ads
wonshot

Post#22 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:56 pm

Looks cool! thanks to anyone involved for your contribution and efforts! hope it was fun making these and seeing people run around with your "work" ingame :)

#edit for the sake of feedback. The empire staff looks "alright" nothing too facy, shiny, and not too simple. looking forward to having this apperance
Last edited by wonshot on Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bombling 92BW - Bombthebuilder 82Engi - Bombing 82SL - Bling 81Kobs - Orderling 80WP - Jackinabox 67WH
Gombling 85mSH- Chopling 83Chop - Notbombling 82Sorc - Powerhouse 81Zeal - Goldbag 80Mara - Smurfling 75Sham -Blobling 66BO

CountTalabecland

Post#23 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Love the new shields. As a SnB tank fan I can always use moar sheeeldz.

For real somehow you guys made Chosen look even cooler.
Brynnoth Goldenbeard (40/80) (IB) -- Rundin Fireheart (40/50) (RP) -- Ungrinn (40/40) (Engi)-- Bramm Bloodaxe (40/83) (Slayer) and a few Empire characters here or there, maybe even an elf.

Vladthedad

Post#24 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:23 pm

Some really great models, credit to all the team and thank you for your hard work!
Barbaphus - Chosen - TUP
Elhelion - White Lion - The Unlikely Plan

Grock

Post#25 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:24 pm

I'm gonna be honest some of these miss WAR style and look more like what you'd see in WoW.
Particularly not a fan of dwarf axes/hammer and how they seem to have different tints of "golden" parts.

The 1h axe has very crowded design with many elements that clash with each other. There's too many things going on. Blue ribbons don't fit and have different style and shading/perspective than the rest of the texture, making them look out of place. Face lacks texture and misses WAR dwarf style a bit. Some elements and unnecessary lines break silhouettes instead of reinforcing shapes. Many lines are mis-aligned and angles vary too much - most noticeable on the blue ribbon on the blade.
There's more stuff to go through just with that axe, hit me up via PMs here on forum or on BT discord if you want to talk about it more in detail.
Hopefully that wasn't too harsh :)

Besides that, some models look great and fit into WAR style nicely, its a great progress for RoR overall and its very cool to see so much custom content being developed, keep it up lads! 8-)
Orkni 85+ (in-game Grock is not me...)

BelligerentBob

Post#26 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:10 pm

Let my Zealot use those shields :P
[Hemingway Daiquiri(s)]

SuperStar

Post#27 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:38 pm

Thank you guyz. I love them. You are fantastic! <3

Xarko

Post#28 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:44 pm

I wanna have sex with whoever created that dark elf shield.

Ads
Deifact

Post#29 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:45 pm

Wow these look great! Love the designs, and still in keeping with the general style of each race. Very well done all those involved!

Deifact

Post#30 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:48 pm

Grock wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:24 pm I'm gonna be honest some of these miss WAR style and look more like what you'd see in WoW.
Particularly not a fan of dwarf axes/hammer and how they seem to have different tints of "golden" parts.

The 1h axe has very crowded design with many elements that clash with each other. There's too many things going on. Blue ribbons don't fit and have different style and shading/perspective than the rest of the texture, making them look out of place. Face lacks texture and misses WAR dwarf style a bit. Some elements and unnecessary lines break silhouettes instead of reinforcing shapes. Many lines are mis-aligned and angles vary too much - most noticeable on the blue ribbon on the blade.
There's more stuff to go through just with that axe, hit me up via PMs here on forum or on BT discord if you want to talk about it more in detail.
Hopefully that wasn't too harsh :)

Besides that, some models look great and fit into WAR style nicely, its a great progress for RoR overall and its very cool to see so much custom content being developed, keep it up lads! 8-)
I think wait and see when they are in-game, the lighting used to take the screenshots on some of the models looks quite artificial and not necessarily the kind of lighting you'd find in the game, they'll likely look less shiny and bright.