Recent Topics

Ads

Help choosing tank class

Let's talk about... everything else
abezverkhiy

Help choosing tank class

Post#1 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:11 pm

Hi guys. I need your advice on choosing a tank class. Spoke to my guildies and they gave me some rope but I want to hear more opinions.

What makes each class special in the endgame is basically the question I have?

I play Order but this is not too important I guess.
KingSchultz WH, Valknutt WP, Glendhu ENG, Lochdhu IB, Tamdhu SL

My WH guide: viewtopic.php?t=46354

Ads
toffikx

Re: Help choosing tank class

Post#2 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:12 pm

Depends on what content you want to do.

BeautfulToad

Post#3 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:07 pm

My view

If two-hander important, particularly in end game: Swordmaster (Blackguard)
If general all rounder SnB: KoTBS (Chosen)
An option of doing both: Ironbreaker (Blorc)

StrongUn

Post#4 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:17 pm

Anything besides the dressed SwordMuse :lol:

abezverkhiy

Post#5 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:04 pm

toffikx wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:12 pm Depends on what content you want to do.
Scens, forts, cities. No pve.

Shooshpanzerer

Post#6 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:14 pm

You want pve for the wards and cities for inf rewards. But overall your best bet would be Borc/Swordmaster. Not sure about competitive 6v6, but in WBs you're be welcomed.

Noslock

Post#7 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:04 am

If you intend to run with proper wb setup you can go knight/chosen sm/bo.bg/ib have limited spots in any decent wb setup.If you never played a tank my advice is knight/chosen cause they are probably the easiest to play mechanics wise. Sm/Bo come next and can also do good as 2h damage wise for small scale use and then bg/ib requires more effort cause u need to manage grudge and fury and keep track of lots of buff debuff but csn also be good as 2h in small scale.

And in case you decide to go 2h you will most likely need pve cause bloodlord set is probably the best 2h set out there for tank.

Starx

Post#8 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:28 am

abezverkhiy wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:11 pm Hi guys. I need your advice on choosing a tank class. Spoke to my guildies and they gave me some rope but I want to hear more opinions.

What makes each class special in the endgame is basically the question I have?

I play Order but this is not too important I guess.
IB sucks, rest of the tanks in the game are pretty much universally good. BG used to be in a similar spot but for some inexplicable reason (cough) bg got a ton of love that brought it up to par while IB just sat and rotted in the shadow of SM and KotBS.

Knight has the most utility, although that was nerfed, and nerfed, and nerfed again... but a testement to how OP knight was it's still pretty good. However knight was always boring to play in comparison to every other tank even chosen, and now theres all these things missing like runefang and being able to always slot super punt and play golf.

SM was trash tier on live and suddenly really OP here. You are basically doing 80% of the dmg as a MDPS while being a tank with more utility than an IB.

tldr play SM if you want to have fun, knight if you like how they look, ib if you hate yourself.

Ads
orillah
Suspended

Post#9 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:32 am

IF you want good tank all destro ones are perfectly good. Order ones sucs to be honest, but if you really decided to stay order go for SM.

abezverkhiy

Post#10 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:00 am

Starx wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:28 am play SM if you want to have fun, knight if you like how they look, ib if you hate yourself.
And what exactly makes IB so miserable to play?