Recent Topics

Ads

Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Chosen, Magus, Marauder, Zealot
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
LordAku

Re: Mara..at witch point do I stop being a free kill?

Post#31 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:35 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:22 pm Hard nerf coming for mara in next patch. Don't bother to spend time.
can you copy-paste it pls..from discord..
I am a millimeter away from dropping Mara..if the news is bad (like it can be worst then it is now)..I'm out like a mofo.

Ads
wildwindblows

Post#32 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:42 pm

LordAku wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:35 pm
wildwindblows wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 3:22 pm Hard nerf coming for mara in next patch. Don't bother to spend time.
I am a millimeter away from dropping Mara..if the news is bad (like it can be worst then it is now)..I'm out like a mofo.
Oh man.. Mara still good don't think like that. Pick a class and play with it. Destro still need mara's because of the utilities and wanted in any wb.

LordAku

Post#33 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:01 pm

wildwindblows wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:42 pm
LordAku wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 8:35 pm
Oh man.. Mara still good don't think like that. Pick a class and play with it. Destro still need mara's because of the utilities and wanted in any wb.
I like the optimism.... it dies the last

But I need a consensus, what is Mara good at.

1v1 - I say terrible
GRP- I say okish, but Choppa is better, and even if there is no Mara grp/wb will do the same as if Mara was there since we don't have CC, the only problem is that destro was forced into melee ..
PVE- its 10/10 .. but this is so far from pve game.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#34 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:20 pm

Here's what I mentioned in Discord
Spoiler:
Here's the related thread I was talking about
Spoiler:
IF it were implemented, which it hasn't been yet, it would result in IB/WL/Mara having the same effect. A range reduction from 65' to 30', and a duration reduction from 10s to 5s.

Range reduction to be more appropriate for a melee catching tool. Duration reduction to preserve the efficiency of Champion's Challenge which would still be a permanent 10s root.

These changes are not currently planned, and are simply on a list of possible changes if we go after Morale abilities eventually as a more holistic overhaul.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

LordAku

Post#35 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:06 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:20 pm Here's what I mentioned in Discord
Spoiler:
Here's the related thread I was talking about
Spoiler:
IF it were implemented, which it hasn't been yet, it would result in IB/WL/Mara having the same effect. A range reduction from 65' to 30', and a duration reduction from 10s to 5s.

Range reduction to be more appropriate for a melee catching tool. Duration reduction to preserve the efficiency of Champion's Challenge which would still be a permanent 10s root.

These changes are not currently planned, and are simply on a list of possible changes if we go after Morale abilities eventually as a more holistic overhaul.

wooooooo

So, the only option for me catching some1 who is running from me as a Mara.....will go to the toilet (if implemented) , lets get this straight ...embrace pull thing is terrible and fails..A LOT
Melee has to fight me because they are melee (unless they are WL and jump away, WH/SW stun and run, why would tank run from me lol, I don't know so much about slayers so..)
Range, I can't get to them now, so if I use my "sprint" (sorry played WoW so long, takes time to remember all the abilities here) and M1 I have a chance ....well that's gone

I mean this Moral "fix" wont change much since we are in bad shape as it is...but those 1 in a million situations will come 1 in a trillion...FAIR..

Specialpatrol

Post#36 » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:31 pm

I’d look towards a player like Theoddone. He’s always managed to make Marauder look OP - even back in the early days on live, where Marauders generally weren’t considered much of a threat. Unless you ran into this guy.

Check some of his Marauder videos - they might have a bit of age to them, but the playstyle is still solid:
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=19822
APONYMOUS l WP l R40 l RR8X
BRAKEDOWN l KOTBS l R40 l RR8X
BOILING l BW l R40 l RR8X
PUFFED l SLY l R40 l RR8X
RHYTHM l AM l R40 l RR8X
EEWULL l DOK l R3X l RR4X

Sofong

Post#37 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:36 am

no doubt theoddone is a great player prolly best mara around, but even him got destroyed by a parry wh, yet theres some topics on the forum saying wh being the worst lol like the op said 1v1 is not mara thing, i understand y he is frustrated.

38s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Degt88QYI&t=38s

jughurta69

Post#38 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:19 am

I have the impression that if the class hits a bit hard on the target on a target, it must be broken for it to play in tank mode without damage

The Destru has no cc burst melee.

SW has the same tactic with a mechanism of + 25% critical and + 50% critical damage in assault + crosscut + leading shot
Without counting the buffs of the other Kotbs classes (5 or 10%) IB 10% etc ... When we talk about crit on the mara and destruction we have to put it into perspective

you want nerf ok, so put the single target but remove it is just want to kill a class

Ads
Rumpel

Post#39 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:28 pm

My experience: Monstro/Brute Mara in rvr and sc is a ton of fun.... enormus ae dmg with allot of kills. Simply try ae knockdown on incoming order, get behind them or not and start wrecking ball, ae disrupt for our loved bws and so on...thats totally fun. Most important thing for me here...your positioning...best thing stay somewhere hidden behind them. That's marauding.

In 1 in 1 it's also ok but Mara isn't made for this. He is simply missing the utility compared to spells like we has.
Image Ruedigga

Greetings from Chaos...
Spoiler:

LordAku

Post#40 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:56 pm

Yap...I give up on Mara...

The uselessness of the class combined with how OP Order is...just make it double bad..

Fact that I do over million dmg in the city last night vs geared Order premade and still be useless, or die with all def tactic/renw/talisma/genessis + guard+heals + invader gear in 5 sec on fort push (just enough time to do my M2) is beyond sad..

I go play BW...

F.... this.