Recent Topics

Ads

Currency sc, rvr and (pve).

Let's talk about... everything else
Lyckansost

Currency sc, rvr and (pve).

Post#1 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:42 pm

First, let me start by saying that this server is really fun to play on, so big thanks to the developers.
Now to what I would like to see changed. Because I and maybe others think that all the different currencies we got in the game are starting to get a bit mutch. I would like to see that we could play SC to get the same gear as we get in RvR. I Know that RvR is the "end game" and I think RvR is fun at times but sometimes it feels more like Alterac Valley in WoW. Half are afk and the only thing that matters is number of players.

If you were to merge all different currencies from Sc and RvR to the same type (Recruit´s Emblem and Recruit´s Medallion to one and the same) we would not have 20 different types. I Haven't counted but there are many. How to balance the new currency system I do not know. But i think it would be a good update for Ror 2020. Would make the game a little easier for beginners and would be great for anyone who wants to mix Sc and Rvr. And perhaps make rvr abit more fun with less peopel (ofc it's fun sometimes with 250 order vs 250 destruction) and more sc for those that want those.
I guess that this is not possible for a number of reasons but just my 2 cents. Still fingers crossed.

Ads
Zymer

Re: Currency sc, rvr and (pve).

Post#2 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:55 pm

The reason for the different currencies is to entice people to do that specific content.

If you were able to obtain the current oRvR gear through scenarios, a lot of people would just stop doing oRvR. Or it could have the opposite effect as well (no more scenario pops), but I think a lot of people enjoy scenarios more than oRvR.

Using my self for example, I want to play WP, but have been putting off leveling because I don’t want to do oRvR for healing gear. I don’t like oRvR. I’ll do it at end game if I have to, but don’t want to deal with it while leveling.

Lyckansost

Post#3 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:30 pm

Would be fun to know how many players think the same prefer SC to oRvR.

TreefAM

Post#4 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:47 pm

Stop zerging and either join guilds that do Orvr or join the numerous roaming parties.

saupreusse
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:06 pm

Zymer wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:55 pm The reason for the different currencies is to entice people to do that specific content.

If you were able to obtain the current oRvR gear through scenarios, a lot of people would just stop doing oRvR. Or it could have the opposite effect as well (no more scenario pops), but I think a lot of people enjoy scenarios more than oRvR.

Using my self for example, I want to play WP, but have been putting off leveling because I don’t want to do oRvR for healing gear. I don’t like oRvR. I’ll do it at end game if I have to, but don’t want to deal with it while leveling.
Thats just an assumption and i can tell you that this likely wont be the case because on live you only had one currency and ppl were still playing both rvr and sc.

mekal

Post#6 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 pm

i would like to see ror do what live did and switch to a 1-2 currency system that youre able to get from PK SC and ORvR that would allow you to buy all/most gear sets making players do something they dont enjoy (rvr for small scale players and small scale for rvr players) is antifun and feels like wasted time when you dont get that special loot bag or sc win you need on the other hand watching those emblems slowly increase gives you the feeling of progression no matter the route you choose to take

if you fear people would just stop doing rvr if implemented than thats says more about the state of rvr imo

Honshu
Banned

Post#7 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:19 pm

mekal wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:52 pmif you fear people would just stop doing rvr if implemented than thats says more about the state of rvr imo
This 100%. If the only thing that can rope people into playing rvr is bribery with gear, maybe it's time to think about how to make rvr fun.

Nosun

Post#8 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:01 pm

I also appreciate the hard work people have put into the game and my only really complaints with things are also around the currency and how my characters seem to all hit a wall at a certain point where it just seems to take forever to grind out the gear that should go along with the characters renown rank.

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#9 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:19 pm

To me, it's always so funny to see people here moan about orvr, as I have it the same with SCs. You'd have to put up and event with an extremely easy to farm map like the Tower now to even get me to consider queueing any SC. I find them duller than the hammer my WP carries and full of people even bitchier than the /t4 chat armchair generals.

What I'd love though, as far as currency goes, would be a way to add Subjugator into the current currency setup. The exact Subj weapons are needed to progress to the Fortress weapons, and some classes are insanely affected by this. WP Subj pool is for example freaking 6 pieces, so getting the Battlehammer so that you can turn it into the BiS Fortress Battlehammer is an absurd grind if you're unlucky.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

tommydgun

Post#10 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Nosun wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:01 pm I also appreciate the hard work people have put into the game and my only really complaints with things are also around the currency and how my characters seem to all hit a wall at a certain point where it just seems to take forever to grind out the gear that should go along with the characters renown rank.
I couldn't agree more and this needs more attention. I made the mistake of calculating how long it would take my WE to get 2 anathema scenario weapons... based on the extremely high currency cost it would take 200 wins for 2 1h weapons which at a 50% win rate average and estimated 10 minutes per match + queue time would take approximately 66 hours. A 66 hour grind for two weapons? Not to mention the armor needed from orvr / forts / cities. And this is all for one character, not to mention if you would like an alt. How can you ever catch up to players out in orvr / scenarios with a mountain this high? Very overwhelming to the point of don't bother.