Recent Topics

Ads

The Сampaign is not rewarding.

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
adapter
Suspended

Re: The Сampaign is not rewarding.

Post#11 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:36 pm

I get your point, I agree.

In the end, city siege was achieved by players that pushed all zones but for some reason they just coulnd't play when the City Siege happened. It could be a good idea to rewards players that built up contribution in previous oRvR zones via mailbox, for example, if they participated in pushing zones but couldn't get into city, get a reward of a few royal crests or invaders. Only for those who didn't make it into the city.
Kabuchop / Kabusquig / Kabuterimon / Tentomon

Ads
nuadarstark

Post#12 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:39 am

mytreds wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:26 pm OP, you’re suggestions lead to people getting rewards for something they didn’t do, which is win cities.

Maybe instead of being a leech, you could, I don’t know, organize and push cities when you are awake? Fascinating concept isn’t it?
Or you're an Euro and you hardly ever get to do that...

This leech talk is absurd, the system is broken, come on. When the largest part of the population is locked out of the content because of the time that content apears in, something is wrong. They absolutely need to introduce another way to get royals.

I've grinded my whole sov through nolifing it hard, my discord was setup to ring an alarm sound on my phone so I can log at 3-4 in the morning and do a city...
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

nat3s

Post#13 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:59 am

mytreds wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:26 pm OP, you’re suggestions lead to people getting rewards for something they didn’t do, which is win cities.

Maybe instead of being a leech, you could, I don’t know, organize and push cities when you are awake? Fascinating concept isn’t it?

The system isn't balanced, it's much easier to progress campaign to a city west coast US TZ when the zones are like 90vs50. During EU prime it can be 400vs300 which is much more difficult. A single guild can be really impactful in late US TZ, not so much EU prime.

This is why you see daily cities around 4am EU time. Great for the evening US players, but the big problem is, server max pop is during EU prime. This for me is why the pop has crashed from 3500 online to 1500 during EU prime, because the MOST populated timezone is very rarely seeing a city siege. EU prime went 4 weeks without a single city last month. Think about that for a second.

This is why people are calling for other means to earn Sov. You either allow cities to happen in other TZs besides late US or you provide other avenues to earn Sov which is what this thread is about.

Ultimately the design decision at its core here is whether you want to provide access to city content to your most populated TZ. I think it's in the interests of the server's longevity to do so.
Defraz rr81 Magus
Defrack rr81 Mara
Induce rr77 Shaman
rr7x AM, Choppa, WL, WH, WE, BG

nuadarstark

Post#14 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:38 am

nat3s wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:59 am This for me is why the pop has crashed from 3500 online to 1500 during EU prime, because the MOST populated timezone is very rarely seeing a city siege. EU prime went 4 weeks without a single city last month.
Honestly? This right there is why I think devs were, or actually are ok with it. We saw a massive uptick of population few months ago and it was difficult for server and devs to handle it. Now that the game has literally lost 2k players, it's much more managable.

That said, there has to be something done...only thing EU afternoon players get are a city once a month and maybe a fort few times. On some days you can't even get a zone lock for the whole EU prime time...We started a new guild at the beginning of the virus pandemic and the amount of european people leaving the game now is stagerring. And it's universally because the orvr is horrible at the time they can play in and there is nothingfor them to progress towards.
Raid boss Salv WP Guernios - rr83, full Sov
DPS SnB SM Valianoris - rr81, full Sov

axelpl85

Post#15 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:42 am

You made a TYPO in the word ATTENDING.
Winning or Loosing a City is irrelevant. What you need is to participate in city to get base rewards, and most likely a RNG factor that alocates bags.
City it self is mediocre experience, its dull, its boring and will reward me wether i win or not.

Lithenir

Post#16 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:50 am

nat3s wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:59 am

The system isn't balanced, it's much easier to progress campaign to a city west coast US TZ when the zones are like 90vs50. During EU prime it can be 400vs300 which is much more difficult. A single guild can be really impactful in late US TZ, not so much EU prime.
You mentioned the problem of "no city in eu prime" right there. I find it fascinating that after all these weeks since sieges are implemented people still cry that it is unfair only us timezones get cities. Yet people refuse to multipush zones to force defenders splitting forces. Instead of doing so everyone is in one time while all other zones are dead and you wonder why no city is up during eu prime while you fight with 400 vs 394.... Well guess why? I tell you why, people want to play brain afk instead of really using tactics to split enemy forces so everyone is in one Zone...

Use your brain if you want eu city.

Brickson

Post#17 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:39 am

Spoiler:
Lithenir wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:50 am
nat3s wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:59 am

You mentioned the problem of "no city in eu prime" right there. I find it fascinating that after all these weeks since sieges are implemented people still cry that it is unfair only us timezones get cities. Yet people refuse to multipush zones to force defenders splitting forces. Instead of doing so everyone is in one time while all other zones are dead and you wonder why no city is up during eu prime while you fight with 400 vs 394.... Well guess why? I tell you why, people want to play brain afk instead of really using tactics to split enemy forces so everyone is in one Zone...

Use your brain if you want eu city.
By saying that people should put in way more effort during EU prime time to organize to accomplish a city siege, because the system isn't able to handle large amounts of people as well as small numbers you're just proving his point that the system isn't balanced.

Wherever you have a system, in which humans act/interact, you have to design it in a way that takes into account how humans behave. This is true for all designs. Being it games, workplaces, door handles or whatever. If your first reaction always is to blame the people for not doing it right, you're just choosing the laziest explanation and will never actually improve anything.

I don't have a good solution at hand. Neither do I want to blame the devs for the current state nor demand a quick change. But just blaming the players instead of acknowledging a design problem is just too simple minded.

Thesis: Telling people to git gud/just organize/use brain is the brain afking of forums :P
Last edited by Brickson on Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bricksana 8X SM, Bricksona 8X WH, Bricksone 7X Engi, Bricksorno 6X RP, Bricksonor 4X SW

Stophy22

Post#18 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:48 am

To most players astonishment there is a point where in a zone if the numbers ( xxx vs xxx ) become too high it actually becomes nigh* impossible to take a zone/keep/fort.

*if one side ends up giving up after a long enough time or purposefully then it becomes possible to take a zone, Either that or 5* caps.
[2 Weeks]/[Definitely Not Heretics]
Kuro Mara R8x
Bunji DoK R6x
Kurodon BG R8x
Curo Whitelion R8x
Scryptmar WP R6x
Aiero Swordwizard R5x

Ads
Jesden

Post#19 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:00 am

Best idea I've seen is a system similar to the weekly events where the more you participate you get more rewards (fill the inf. bar through participation).

M0rw47h

Post#20 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:41 am

Jesden wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:00 am Best idea I've seen is a system similar to the weekly events where the more you participate you get more rewards (fill the inf. bar through participation).
I agree. Sounds great, and probably would be easy to implement.