Recent Topics

Ads

Runepriest in DD spec really need some change imao

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
vobex16

Runepriest in DD spec really need some change imao

Post#1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:55 am

I think DD runepriest must be upgrade, it was be a really cool if Rune of Burning add scale % damage with a tick mechanicks, for example: we have 6 ticks each next tick can add +15% or current damage so we have last tick a 90% damage boost, or every secont tick will deal 100% more damage (1 tick no boost 2 nd tick +100% boost 3 tick again no boost 4 again +100% boost 5 th no boost and 6 th again +100% boost,or 50% with each second tick if you think 100% is op) or you can just reduce the cast time to four seconds, preserving the original figures of damage for six seconds. I think it's fair. Also can be add a DoT on Rune of Fire like a proc on critical strike on 10 or 15 second( if critical strike is confirmed enemy get DoT). Also Rune of Might radius must be increased to 45 feet and get small DoT. And all damage runes like a Oath Rune of Iron (i mean usable abilites) have a huge cooldown 1 min also can make 20sec cooldown for example.

P.S. I really hope that people who are engaged in updating classes will pay attention to my proposal.

With respect to all RoR team!
Antifriz Ironbreaker 84rr
Antifrizz Runepriest 75rr
Antefrees KotBS 71rr
Last edited by vobex16 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
Gurf

Re: Runepriest in DD spec really need some change imao

Post#2 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:44 am

I think we probably need to look at a whole range of skills, Rune of Burning is ok and would be good to improve but without other skills looked at also that will end up being the only useful dd skill to take.

For example Grimnar's Fury , a 5 second cast spell to resurrect all groupmates in 30 feet, absolutely useless skill. If you have 5 seconds to cast a spell you aren't in a dangerous situation where you may need to res all at once, plus you get the morale Alter Fate which does pretty much the same thing. That is meant to be the crowning skill of Path of Grimnir at the top of the tree and I would be surprised if any RP has ever used it.I think that just needs removing and replaced with something completely different. Any ideas? (Crazy idea: Mirror Get to the Choppa :) , could be fun in warbands, although probably a stupid suicide move more often than not but could be funny to see)

How about changing the Master Rune of Speed into one which does DD when people are in the area of it?

Earths shielding Tactic a complete waste, debuff a stat when they attack rune of shielding, which is only up infrequently, waste of a tactics slot

Maybe Runic blasting could increase the crit rate of more DD skills than just Rune of Fire, maybe all DD skills?

Rune of Fortune another 2 sec cast skill which does mediocre damage , too long to cast, maybe reduce cast time and up cooldown and damage a bit?

vobex16

Post#3 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:46 am

I think is good idea rebalance many skills\tacktiks for DD RP but its a really big and complex work i understand, that that's why I suggest making small changes in these three skills for first time.

Rune of Burning is need really good buff because is insane channel time 6s. Also don't forget that Runepriest doesn't have its own skills to reduce resists. :cry:

**Also can be add a DoT on Rune of Fire like a proc on critical strike on 10 or 15 second( if critical strike is confirmed enemy get DoT). Also Rune of Might radius must be increased to 45 feet and get small DoT.** so we get some small changes in all three branches(for first time sure).

from Gurf:
**For example Grimnar's Fury , a 5 second cast spell to resurrect all groupmates in 30 feet, absolutely useless skill**
Absolutly agree!

from Gurf:
Earths shielding Tactic a complete waste, debuff a stat when they attack rune of shielding, which is only up infrequently, waste of a tactics slot

YES its absolutly useless tactik

from Gurf:
** Maybe Runic blasting could increase the crit rate of more DD skills than just Rune of Fire, maybe all DD skills?**

Yes its great idea i think! Because now this a waste slot tactick too imao(but this must be work only if Rune of Breaking toggle on i think)

and again about Rune of burning also may try just descrease channel cast time up to four seconds(without percents for sure)

from Gurf^
**Rune of Fortune another 2 sec cast skill which does mediocre damage , too long to cast, maybe reduce cast time and up cooldown and damage a bit?**

Yes again! its useless skill because 2 second cast is too long especually with a crap damage) atm just waste career poin xD

Also i have a some questions about work Master rune of Adamant looks like this rune need only for proc Ancestors Echo tacktic xD(because heals from this rune is crap too)

P.S.
But I'm still in favor of the changes I proposed for the first time, these are not so big changes that can be introduced in the shortest possible time and see if the players like it!

I just would like a more varied gameplay for Runepriest class, and do this class more popular, im sure many ppls was glad by this are minor edits.

p.p.s But I'm sure your suggestions are also good. they just require more effort and time

ill just suggest small edits for the first time that do not require a lot of effort, but will bring a more pleasant feeling to the gameplay for DD spec)

But the processing that you proposed is of course necessary, but as I wrote above, it probably will take much more time and effort)

With Respect RoR Team

With respect to all RoR team!
Antifriz Ironbreaker 84rr
Antifrizz Runepriest 75rr
Antefrees KotBS 71rr

Gurf

Post#4 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:31 am

I think it would be good to have a full discussion of what can be done to DD RP (which includes Zealot also ofc) because if the devs don't like the improvement to Rune of Burning idea then at least they have some other ideas.

As they have shown with the SW changes they will do some more sweeping changes when needed and I think DD Runepriest and Zealot is probably currently one of the worst classes and I would certainly say they should be looked at before nearly all others who are promoting changes to their class.

I would welcome a buff to Rune of Burning but in all honestly when I was levelling from 16-39 I found it already quite powerful when I had decent Intelligence, that could be influenced by the buff to level 48 in rvr and I haven't used it much since hitting level 40 but before that if you stack a few dots then Rune of Burning you could do some damage. Not BW or SW level damage but better than most other RP skills which are pretty weak. So I think a big damage boost might be risking of making it too strong, or then DD RP is a one skill wonder. I would personally prefer a rework of other skills/tactics.
Last edited by Gurf on Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

vobex16

Post#5 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:37 am

I have suggested as many as three possible changes) With an insanely long caste and no reduction in enemy resistance, this seems like a good idea. And as I wrote you can just reduce the cast time to four seconds, preserving the original figures of damage for six seconds. I think it's fair.)

vobex16

Post#6 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:47 am

Zealot must be buffed too, but i never play for destro side, but for first look DD Zealots have a great AoE potencial which also is not implemented here

Gurf

Post#7 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:13 am

Two changes I would really welcome which could make a difference:

- Runic Blasting - Good for healing for people who spam flash heal, for DD pretty useless as doesn't give crit to enough DD spells - Suggestion: increase flat out 15% magic crit chance, which isn't converted to heal crit chance under rune of breaking but still applies to Grungi's gift heal
- Grimnirs Fury - needs complete change, hopefully to another damage skill to give another good option, another aoe, a decent damage spell, pull, anything basically to make it worthwhile and give options

Other suggestions:

- Earth's shielding tactic - needs rework- make it damaging instead of debuffing?
- Rune of Fortune - too long cast and low damage - suggestion: Increase damage, Insta cast/1 sec cast, longer cooldown
- Rune of Fate - usually cleansed due to the massive 24 second dot time so not very good- suggestion: maybe just condense the damage into shorter time than 24 seconds
- Master Rune of Speed - most RP I know use either one of the other two Master runes (both of which I think are fine) - Suggestion make it a area damage spell so it might get some use
- Concussive runes - Rune of Cleaving I find doesn't hit many targets, so not worth the tactic slot - suggestion: Maybe armour debuff applies to Rune of Might also

Yeah all suggestions apply to Zealots also, I don't know their skills but most are very similar to RP so most can be more or less mirrored
Last edited by Gurf on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

havartii

Post#8 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:18 am

Not to make you ruinie's jealous but Zealot also gets a moral boost tactic, they can hit moral 2 within a few castes. Much more powerful than any ruin.
Order: 70 AM / 76 RP/ 72 Knight/ 58 WH
Destro: 82 Sham / 79 Zealot/ 70 DoK /70 Magus /68 Mara
Many alts on both sides now ruined by new currency change

Ads
vobex16

Post#9 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:25 am

Gurf wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:13 am Two simple changes I would really welcome which could make a difference:

- Runic Blasting - Good for healing for people who spam flash heal, for DD pretty useless as doesn't give crit to enough DD spells - Suggestion: increase flat out 15% magic crit chance, which isn't converted to heal crit chance under rune of breaking but still applies to Grungi's gift heal
- Grimnirs Fury - needs complete change, hopefully to another damage skill to give another good option, another aoe, a decent damage spell, pull, anything basically to make it worthwhile and give options

Other suggestions:

- Earth's shielding tactic - needs rework- make it damaging instead of debuffing?
- Rune of Fortune - too long cast and low damage - suggestion: Increase damage, Insta cast/1 sec cast, longer cooldown
- Rune of Fate - usually cleansed due to the massive 24 second dot time so not very good- suggestion: maybe just condense the damage into shorter time than 24 seconds
- Master Rune of Speed - most RP I know use either one of the other two Master runes (both of which I think are fine) - Suggestion make it a area damage spell so it might get some use
- Concussive runes - Rune of Cleaving I find doesn't hit many targets, so not worth the tactic slot - suggestion: Maybe armour debuff applies to Rune of Might also

Yeah all suggestions apply to Zealots also, I don't know their skills but most are very similar to RP so most can be more or less mirrored
Master Rune of Speed - most RP I know use either one of the other two Master runes (both of which I think are fine) - Suggestion make it a area damage spell so it might get some use
1) only one master rune can be used at time
2) we already have Rune of Battle so i think RoR Team dont do add damage to Master Runes (Imao)
3) And all damage runes like a Oath Rune of Iron (i mean usable abilites) have a huge cooldown 1 min also can make 20sec cooldown
for example.

Fenris78

Post#10 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:06 pm

Main issue is many dmg runes are redundant without added effects (buffs, debuffs, cc, etc.). Actually the whole damage runepriest gameplay consist of 3, maybe 4 damaging spells at most :

- Rune of Fire/Rune of Striking because +15% crit tactic
- Rune of immolation (strongest ST DoT we have)
- Rune of Might, because some AoE is always useful. Sadly the DoT equivalent is not very more effective, but can be used instead.

All damaging abilities lack some utility debuffs, or buffs for team (like lifetap or stat reducing/stealing effects), and appear very bland and uninteresting to use currently.

There is currently no real incentive going for mastery damaging abilities, and core ones are more or less duplicate one from eachother.

It could be useful to add utility effect on weaker damaging spells, to add more diversity on offensive aspect of the Runepriest.
Of course, without making it the ultimate toolkit... It's not easy, considering the class can switch on-the-fly, it can quickly become more powerful than the AM if not careful.