Recent Topics

Ads

Runepriest in DD spec really need some change imao

Ironbreaker, Engineer, Slayer, Runepriest
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
AxelF

Re: Runepriest in DD spec really need some change imao

Post#11 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:48 pm

The biggest issue with both RP and Zealot is that the skill trees are such a mess, with the useful dps abilities high up in each of the 3 trees. The original concept of instant ST/DoTs and HoTs/AoE trees just doesn't work and none of the other two healer mirrors face the same restrictions - all of their DPS goodies are in one tree, or low enough in the second that they're reachable. Reworking the trees would be an essential first step in making dd RP/zealot properly viable.

Ads
Honshu
Banned

Post#12 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:14 am

AxelF wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:48 pm The biggest issue with both RP and Zealot is that the skill trees are such a mess, with the useful dps abilities high up in each of the 3 trees. The original concept of instant ST/DoTs and HoTs/AoE trees just doesn't work and none of the other two healer mirrors face the same restrictions - all of their DPS goodies are in one tree, or low enough in the second that they're reachable. Reworking the trees would be an essential first step in making dd RP/zealot properly viable.
Yeah, I see what you mean. "Instant/DoT/AoE" is just such a weird way to design skill trees for a character type that has basically two completely different ways to play (theoretically), DPS or heal. This has the net effect of making it so it's actually really hard to fit useful skills and tactics for BOTH playstyles into one tree.

Just looking at it, I can't help but feel that at minimum the Zealot/RP tactics should be designed to better help both DPS and heal styles more thoroughly, kind of like what Chaotic Force for Zealot does by helping crit chance not just on dds, but on the heal as well. Things like Transference and Manipulation basically solely help one style, which to the opposite style, will make it feel like a wasted slot on the skill tree.

Even if they have to hamfist it and just design it so tactic does different things depending on whether you're in Doom/Change, I feel like it'd be a big improvement. I'm not sure what the answer for skills would be, though.

catholicism198

Post#13 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:24 am

The original devs wrecked the mastery paths last minute and gave us these odd paths.
It’s supposed to have a lifetap, boring healing, and damage mastery.

I’d be more inclined to healing if they got a interesting lifetap mechanic.

The devs here know that the mastery paths are wrecked. Only time will tell.

AxelF

Post#14 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:10 pm

Two old proposals here which would help
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=31915&p=360821#p360821

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=27565

Restoring the heal debuff on AoE that was nerfed as collateral damage when the DoK/WP heal debuff was nerfed would also be a massive help - it had been used by RP/Zealots for years without anyone even really noticing, so hard to argue that it was op.

catholicism198

Post#15 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:15 am

AxelF wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:10 pm Two old proposals here which would help
viewtopic.php?f=95&t=31915&p=360821#p360821

viewtopic.php?f=95&t=27565

Restoring the heal debuff on AoE that was nerfed as collateral damage when the DoK/WP heal debuff was nerfed would also be a massive help - it had been used by RP/Zealots for years without anyone even really noticing, so hard to argue that it was op.
That wouldn’t help. They just need to rework the paths. Grimnir/damage, Valaya/heal, Grungi/lifetap+util.
The three paths are even named after the gods that represent the original purpose of the path.
Blessing of Valaya in the god of warrior’s path?

vobex16

Post#16 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:42 am

In any case, I hope that the developers will pay attention to the wishes of the community, since on live servers, DD Runepries was not bad in dd, and I would like its potential in DD branches to be more useful and interesting here too, especially since all classes of healers have a good potential for creating DD specks(except Runepriests\Zealots)

Fatpig

Post#17 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:05 pm

Bump......
Is this in the right forum section? Will Devs even read it here?

Nameless

Post#18 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:51 pm

Imo according singe targed dps build, rp need damage numbers buff other seems okish. With intel cap and some magic power numbers varies 300-700 dmg which is low.
Mostly harmless

K8P & Norn - guild Orz

Ads
Tarantoga

Post#19 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:22 pm

Fatpig wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:05 pm Bump......
Is this in the right forum section? Will Devs even read it here?
it doesnt matter imo. there are so many valid proposals on this forum. putting out more scenarios as exsample seems much more important than fixing classes... (besides of "fixing" classes into closet tier)

Fatpig

Post#20 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:17 am

What kind of builds are good for a "dps" RP? I know its more of a DPS/Support rather than all out DPS, but the good abilitys seem scattered over all 3 trees.......