Recent Topics

Ads

how to level fast?

In this section, you will find some advices and basics to start quietly ingame. Question like " I'm lvl 1, what shall i do?", "What class shall i pick?", will find some answers in this place.
ttemplarr90

how to level fast?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:10 pm

Hi,

im not new at all to the game. actually it's my third attempt to reach 40...i always give up half through and quit the game just to return some month later.

The question stands: how to level up fast?
i need around 2-3 month to reach 40 yet some people claim you can get there in 10 hours or less of solo gaming.
what i do is battlegrounds and rvr. after you leave t1 the BG queue and rvr is dead (takes more than 1 hour to find a BG sometimes) so you can't really get entry or level in rvr.

i need this secret knowledge how to reach level 40 in 10hours. :)

Ads
Bloodlet

Re: how to level fast?

Post#2 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:37 pm

Some people recommend just doing RvR to max since you keep your renown rank near or over your level. But the fastest way to gain level 40 is to do PvE questing since it is consistent. Sprinkle in some scenarios to help with your renown rank. It also doesn't hurt to log off in the main city as if I recall you get more rested XP logging off in the main City and possibly even more if you log off inside a tavern or maybe that was the guild only area (I can't recall).

The people who recommend PvE usually say that renown rank catches up fast enough.

NSKaneda

Post#3 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:32 am

ttemplarr90 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:10 pm Hi,

im not new at all to the game. actually it's my third attempt to reach 40...i always give up half through and quit the game just to return some month later.

The question stands: how to level up fast?
i need around 2-3 month to reach 40 yet some people claim you can get there in 10 hours or less of solo gaming.
what i do is battlegrounds and rvr. after you leave t1 the BG queue and rvr is dead (takes more than 1 hour to find a BG sometimes) so you can't really get entry or level in rvr.

i need this secret knowledge how to reach level 40 in 10hours. :)
Disclaimer: xp levels mean little to nothing, renown rank is all. It's better to slow down your xp progress with reduction scrolls from 16 to 39 than to rush 40 and grind renown ranks later.

Now, with that being said, here's my method I've been using for years to lvl up fast:

1. log out in capital city, preferably in officer's room in guild hall for max rested xp

2. do scenarios with sc quests and 25 / 50 / 100 kill quests. This is the fastest way.

3. join wb and do some t4 rvr. At lowbie level (mid 20ish) you can get 3-4 lvls an hour and renown ranks to that

4. DO WHAT YOUR CLASS WAS DESIGNED TO DO. Trust me, guarding, holding the line, taunting and challenging will give you much, much more renown and xp than joining dps race. Tank stat in scenario is renown. If you're doing your job you will be top 3 (xp will follow but remember disclaimer^).
Healing all and everyone as healer will do the same. Trying to outdps dps classes can and will slow you down significantly.

5. If it's new class for you or it's your first time playing: every 4-5 levels go out into the world and do a pve trip. Do some quests, easy PQs (they are perfectly soloable for almost all classes and a sure way of earning gold as much as xp.), see what secrets are inside those towers or at the edge of the map. Find tome unlocks, titles, get gold and most importantly: learn your new skills in safe environment (safe as in predictable). You can do the same as rested xp ends, scenarios are a loosing streak and orvr died down.
Be sure to take travel quests from chapter rally masters, it's an easy way of getting extra xp. Same as talking to NPCs, there's quite a lot of interesting persons at every camp that will reward you the first time you talk to them.

6. Find a guild. Seriously, roaming or doing scs as a group will double your xp gain.

7. Always wear the best armour set for your lvl there is. You will get the most out of your bolster and your contribution will rise. In my experience it's T1 sets -> keeper city dungeon set -> mayhem for tanks / devastator for heals / sc set for dps -> anni/merc (ruin for tanky tanks)

8. If you want to lvl up fast approach it as a grind, not pleasure playing. An evening of scs only. An evening of pve only. An evening of rvr. You might loose, you might die, it doesn't matter - what matters is that you get xp (and currency, and renown). It's not pretty, it's not fun - but it's fast.

9. Power lvling - grp up with a friend, go to lvl40 maps, find champs, start grinding. Less effective than it used to be but still a valid method (and it's how most ppl get from 0 to 40 in one day).

0-40 takes me about 5 days of relaxed (evenings only) playing. It can burn you out on a class (as all grinds do) and I do not recommend it for new players since it's more important to learn your class than rush 40.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

mekal

Post#4 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:41 am

do not listen people that tell you to pvp they are plain wrong mimicking sheep mentality going with what others have said you do not need to worry about RR until mid to high 30s i will explain later

if you want to power level you need to PvE

LEVELS 1-12 - either sc if you play during peak hours and are confident in winning or if you play during off hours wait until the t1 zone of nordland is locked then take the scout BO repeatable quest from the warcamp

LEVELS 12-32 - you are going to want form a party of 2 aoe dps and 1 healer if youre a tank you are a hindrance and will slow the party down while leveling just accept it once the party is formed youll want to aoe farm pq its by far the fastest way to level

LEVELS 32-36 - youll want to do the same as before but this time focusing on getting the RUIN armor set ( NOTE ruin is on par with annihilator and can compete with conqueror gear while requiring no RR) pq have changed recently so the time to gather the currency may be shorter than before

LEVELS 36-40 - try to do the beastlord quests if they benefit the class/build you are going for while also trying to run gunbad ( NOTE finding gunbad groups will be hard unless in a guild since most people think a sub 40 character with ruin wont suffice i promise you though youll easily be able to clear it)

RENOWN RANK - for levels 1-36 youre not going to care about it at all since trying to raise it while leveling will only slow you down once you hit 36 though is when its time to start caring ( NOTE - you will get a bonus to renown gain since youre RR is so much lower than your CR instead of gaining 1-2k renown per sc you can get 6-12k depending on how high your RR is this also applies to ORvR) in between beastlord/gb groups youll want to be in a warband 100% of the time trying to farm kills and gain medals while at the same time being queued up for SC

GEARING WHILE LEVELING - with the newest change to PQ youll gain a new currency for completing them remember to check your capitol cities vendor and upgrade asap

RARE DOUBLE XP AND +50% XP SC WEEKEND - if you are confident in forming a premade and winning most of your matches im talking like 80% or higher this is by far the fastest way to level ( NOTE - 200% xp that only happens very very rarely is the only way people level in 10 hours so dont worry about that)

nonfactor

Post#5 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:43 am

NSKaneda wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:32 amDisclaimer: xp levels mean little to nothing, renown rank is all. It's better to slow down your xp progress with reduction scrolls from 16 to 39 than to rush 40 and grind renown ranks later.
Why? I never understood why people recommend this, it doesnt matter if you are rr20 or rr50 when you hit r40, your gear will still be ass anyway but you are wasting a lot of time by staying in t3 with xp reduction scrolls because t3 scens give less renown than t4. and t4 scs pop much faster.

Noslock

Post#6 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:49 am

Oper rvr, sc queu, travel quest from wc, get out of t1 asap and start rvr. Occasionally x2 event helps too. When u log out do it in a tavern in your city to get rested xp when u come back. Powerlevel doesnt work anymore if level difference is too high (like 4 or 5 levels) leech any fort and any zone lock you can

Lilrys

Post#7 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:45 am

nonfactor wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:43 am
NSKaneda wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:32 amDisclaimer: xp levels mean little to nothing, renown rank is all. It's better to slow down your xp progress with reduction scrolls from 16 to 39 than to rush 40 and grind renown ranks later.
Why? I never understood why people recommend this, it doesnt matter if you are rr20 or rr50 when you hit r40, your gear will still be ass anyway but you are wasting a lot of time by staying in t3 with xp reduction scrolls because t3 scens give less renown than t4. and t4 scs pop much faster.
Well my main reason for keeping RR equal or above Cr is level 29. A magical level where you're still being bolstered as if you are a lowbie, but you get acces to a 5 piece set, new sc weapons and have acces to your class/spec defining skills. This means that as a semi twinked level 29-31 you can go toe to toe with sovereign geared players and get a feel for how the class is gonna play once fully geared. (My fully Blood lord geared SM still hasn't broken the 1150 ether dance crit i did at 29 :D )

NSKaneda

Post#8 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:32 pm

Lilrys wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:45 am
nonfactor wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:43 am
Well my main reason for keeping RR equal or above Cr is level 29. A magical level where you're still being bolstered as if you are a lowbie, but you get acces to a 5 piece set, new sc weapons and have acces to your class/spec defining skills. This means that as a semi twinked level 29-31 you can go toe to toe with sovereign geared players and get a feel for how the class is gonna play once fully geared. (My fully Blood lord geared SM still hasn't broken the 1150 ether dance crit i did at 29 :D )

Main reason for keeping your renown rank above lvl (or at least on par) is the sudden gear and stat drop once you hit 40.
It didn't matter when the best armour in game was annihilator but since we go all the way up to sovereign I guess you'd like to be at least a little bit competitive once bolster no longer affects you: and wearing annihilator / merc / mix at 40 feels somewhat close to lvl16 going out into rvr straight from t1 - you won't die instantly but you will have a hard time killing anything. That's why putting on conqueror set (one of the best sets in game for almost all classes) the moment you hit lvl40 is so important - to jump over gear gap. 39/45 is not only easy but essential if you don't want to be a burden for your team (if you pug or run solo then you're limited by your resistance to dying constantly).
It's what Lilrys wrote about: your bolster peaks around mayhem / devastator and you'll need to grind all the way up to full invader to get the same feeling of a class performing in perf spec - the longer you postpone the grind, the harder it'll be.

Second reason is that renown needed for 1-75 is the same as renown for 76-80. The longer you wait with renown grind the bigger gear gap you will face.

Third reason is that renown will give you access to mastery points and renown points to spend on your stats, access to pvp gear (both rvr and scs, armour and weapons), access to rvr influence gear, access to currency drops (which are based on your renown rank) and so on.

As for sc pops and renown rewards for scs - there is significantly higher chance of encountering well organized premades in T4 scs than in mid tier. And not many ppl can withstand 4 hours of loosing to them. Same with weekend events - during peak hours you will face premades that will ruthlessly farm you.
As for renown rewards - I've been getting 8-12k renown per mid tier scenario as well as T4s. Your activity, contribution and overall performance as well as winning will affect how much renown you'll get - and it's not uncommon to see ppl with 1-2k renown per scenario in T4.

You don't have to grind renown from lvl1, you can do what you like. But it's easier in the endgame if you prepared for it ;)
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Ads
Martok

Post#9 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:09 pm

ttemplarr90 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:10 pmThe question stands: how to level up fast?

Just play the game. Completing all the Epic Quest lines will help speed you along, but beyond that just play the game.
Blame It On My ADD Baby...

MelloRed

Post#10 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:56 pm

The quickest way to level your character rank to 40 is PvE. Just go chapter town to chapter town taking quest after quest. The lowest level towns that will still give experience is probably the best place to start as it seemed to me the speed of going through the quests provided much more xp than doing content at your character level. But if you were to do this to 40 you'd be severely under-geared when you got there.