Recent Topics

Ads

So, like does everyone just know how to configure addons like Buffhead and Enemy or am I just a f'ing idiot?

Here you can post addons, or anything related to addons.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
oestcote

So, like does everyone just know how to configure addons like Buffhead and Enemy or am I just a f'ing idiot?

Post#1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:02 pm

Hi all,

Seriously trying to figure out Buffhead and Enemy but just can't figure my way around it. Have the add-on installed and its working, but its not very clear on how to set it, what icons mean, how I can make it show that someone is guarding me, etc., etc.

Do all of you who downoladed and use these add-ons just figure it out or is there a guide somehwere? Can't seem to find anything

Thanks

Ads
Chipzter

Re: So, like does everyone just know how to configure addons like Buffhead and Enemy or am I just a f'ing idiot?

Post#2 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Interface > User Settings > Profiles > Create > Import settings > copy applicable profile(I.e order_dps, destro_tank).

With this and full extent of vinyUI addon folder you should be good to go to see who's guarding you, semi-decent hotbar setup etc.

Edit: but enemy should probably still need some modification like under Unit Frames to show your group/party separately, show all frames in warband and some offset between groups so it isn't just one long line of frames.

Skullgrin

Re: So, like does everyone just know how to configure addons like Buffhead and Enemy or am I just a f'ing idiot?

Post#3 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:17 pm

Its not just you. I've put off activating Enemy on my Ironbreaker until just recently because of all the fiddly little things I have adjust/disable in it to make it work the way I want it to. Spent a couple of hours messing with it last night and I'm still not sure I've turned off all the annoying bits.

Part of my problem with it is the fact that once you set it up you generally don't have to mess with it, and it has been several years since I set it up on my Chosen, so I've forgotten what half of the settings actually do.

Just keep playing around with it, once you do get it working for you it's a great way to improve on your gameplay.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Sulorie

Post#4 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:00 am

Skullgrin wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:17 pm Its not just you. I've put off activating Enemy on my Ironbreaker until just recently because of all the fiddly little things I have adjust/disable in it to make it work the way I want it to. Spent a couple of hours messing with it last night and I'm still not sure I've turned off all the annoying bits.

Part of my problem with it is the fact that once you set it up you generally don't have to mess with it, and it has been several years since I set it up on my Chosen, so I've forgotten what half of the settings actually do.

Just keep playing around with it, once you do get it working for you it's a great way to improve on your gameplay.
You didn't want to copy the enemy folder from chosen to your IB to save the config hassle?
Dying is no option.

Skullgrin

Post#5 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:01 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:00 am You didn't want to copy the enemy folder from chosen to your IB to save the config hassle?

I try to avoid messing with the config files if at all possible. I've had too many things get messed up at one time or another and had to redo everything to want to play around too much. Hell, I have things bug out just switching from one character to another and then back. The one that is currently annoying me is dufftimer, it changes its positions whenever I change characters. Its only a matter of a second to fix it, but still annoying.
Thargrimm - Chosen 40/88
Thargrimmm - Ironbreaker 40/80

Templa

Post#6 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:02 am

I learned it all by myself. if you want to check out my Enemy Layout. I have not found a better looking layout yet on anyones stream or screenshots.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RDm ... sp=sharing
Image Image

Draugris

Post#7 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:40 am

You could try VinyUI:

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=6371

Enemy and Buffhead are preconfigured there. Or you could check out

viewtopic.php?f=66&t=17466

for Buffhead
Live: Carroburg -> Santorro (WH), The first Guard (TfG)

JamesAlcatraz

Re: mods/addons disable, no main menu, UI and skill bar

Post#8 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:02 am

Can someone help me how can I switch back all modes and addons? None of my characters have a main menu, UI and skill bars, I can't open anything.

Ads
Lilim
Community Management

Re: mods/addons disable, no main menu, UI and skill bar

Post#9 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:01 pm

JamesAlcatraz wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:02 am Can someone help me how can I switch back all modes and addons? None of my characters have a main menu, UI and skill bars, I can't open anything.
Hey,
so this is actually how to delte a certain AddOn, but you can use it for all addons aswell..
make sure, if you are deleting the user/settings.... thingy it will delete your current UI setup, so you have to rearange your vanilla UI parts (and so on) again.

How to remove AddOns properly:
- close your game (just to be sure that nothing weird happen)
- open the RoR > Interface folder
- delete the whole folder (e.g. Enemy)
- open RoR > user > settings > Martyrs Square > Character Name > Profile Name
- delete the whole folder that contains the AddOn (e.g. Enemy)
[some AddOns own more folders e.g. CMap and CMap_config (so delete both)]
- open RoR > cache
- and delete the whole content inside (not the cache folder itself!)
- Done! You can start your game again!

phononHYPE

Post#10 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:45 am

It has taken me several months of tinkering to somewhat learn them. Then I accidentally delete everything and have to do it all over again. AKF 1 hour to fix at least. It's not just you, it's a learning curve for sure. Once I have it down, I copy/paste my character folder and rename for other toons. Helps somewhat. GL, totally worth it.
Chasing the golden carrot that is my alts.

my 2h choppa ideas
learn about Initiative