Recent Topics

Ads

Debate about why Order is how it is.

Let's talk about... everything else
EsthelielSunfury

Re: Debate about why Order is how it is.

Post#661 » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:29 pm

jvlosky wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:35 pm
orillah wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:26 pm Its really funny how most of the responses in this thread are destruction mains people...hmmm
Because Destro are pro complainers. They complain all across the forums and discord better than anyone else. Yeah Order may complain in advice or /6 but they don't take the time to write complaining posts to mock this one after 1 week of Destro losing city.

Seriously if you take a gander at the forums the 'complaint' or 'this is an issue' topics they are usually Destro players complaining and vying for more buffs.

No coincidence that all the GMs and Devs minus Secrets plays Destro.
Pretty sure going into "About" on top right will tell you most of the staff is on Order.

Ads
Armuun

Post#662 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:52 pm

I figured id put my 2 cents in. The original devs made the destro heros more beefy,meaty buffier ect. In doing that they knew they would be more popular. To offset that,they made orders abilities stronger. It did work.There were no less than 3 WB's per side on the live servers. It just came down to who had the best strategy. A decision was made which still boggles my mind is when they started nerfing orders abilities. Thats when the balance of power switched. After that it was a matter of numbers,to this day we know who is more popular.

The question I have is why the nerfs?. Was it intentional,did the original devs want order on the weaker side? i mean WTF??? I think EsthelielSunfury was on to something in his post above. Maybe Detro players did complain enough till they did nerf order. I guess we''ll never know till someone actually admits something. I dont see that happening at all

Pandastyle

Post#663 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:58 pm

Got very quiet in here, didnt it
Perhaps the discussion can be ignited again? So why is order how it is right now

/edit: not wanna sound trolly...actually interested...you cant deny that order has been dominating lately and city fights seem to got even...so now that we have a before and after picture: what happened and why is it
85 Mara
80 Choppa
80 Zealot

Cultist

Post#664 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:50 pm

I've been PUGing a whole week on SCs and Order is top-notch at the moment, Idk why though since I'm too newbie to this game but I did notice the lack of marauders on our side and the lack of DPS in general

Tillbeast

Post#665 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:04 pm

Pandastyle wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:58 pm Got very quiet in here, didnt it
Perhaps the discussion can be ignited again? So why is order how it is right now

/edit: not wanna sound trolly...actually interested...you cant deny that order has been dominating lately and city fights seem to got even...so now that we have a before and after picture: what happened and why is it
The morale nerf really hurt destro and the devs unwillingness to nerf some key order op classes does not help. IC is constantly raided when 1 or 2 star and altdorf is untouchable until order decide to throw it for a 5 star. Lot of destro losing interest and either rolling order or taking a break so order usually has 100+ more players in lakes in eu time so the map will always be blue until something is done to even things out.

zakgrin

Post#666 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:19 pm

Ehh... given context of what is going on, I'm not really sure how you came to that conclusion. Most of the cities have occurred during NA times, where there are a couple of factors that you should consider. #1 outside of a few instances, a majority of the cities have been pretty close with Order having a bit of an edge. They have dominated RvR, and are winning most cities lately, but not by much. #2 Order is by far the more populated realm during NA times. The last couple of nights destro has struggled to fill fort defenses. Whereas during EU times it has basically been a stalemate in RvR. #3 The best NA destro guilds aren't very active anymore (ex: Stryke). If you look at the scores for the cities that have occurred during EU times since the morale patch, destro has maintained its dominance (ex: 06/10 destro won 12/17 instances, 06/13 destro won 14/20 instances).

That being said, the Morale changes have definitely helped Order and have made the fights far more interesting and fair. Destro relied pretty heavily on the fact that they get to M2 first and usually have enough bombs to wipe a majority of an Order wb (assuming they are not spread enough). While it is still possible to do that, it is less feasible now and requires more coordination on both sides to get a wipe. The Morale changes may need to be tweaked a bit, but overall I think it was a positive change for the game.
Zakgrin - rr8x Ironbreaker
Knights of Order
Ironbreaker Guide - Suggestions and Feedback always welcome!

Greenbeast

Post#667 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:26 pm

Because order has zerg right now and the majority of premades doesn't care for 6:00 AM city sieges. So there are some alliance/discord warbands running here and there but they aren't that organized as they used to be.
The EU prime time is still the same - 400/400 and eternal stale. It's literally close to impossible to push campaign anywhere in the EU prime time. Despite the arguments like Get gud in Organizing :) Before the summer it took us litterally 8 organized warbands plus 200+ pug players to push 3 zones to forts and just stuck in 240/200 forts. I don't think that majority of RoR players have 5h+ time to push to the city +2h for the siege it self. It's 7h+ game time you need to reach the campaign right now.
I'm pretty sure if the cities were in more or less acceptable times we would have different picture. Morale change has made the game less pug friendly for destro, but I guess this is the matter of time until 2-2-2 drivers will get the new meta.
Look at those days when FMJ/PNP/TUP are up - order isn't pushing anywhere.
So I guess it's exactly the same as it was before and with the morale nerf you can wipe majority of order warbands without morales now :D

Gurf

Post#668 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:16 pm

Greenbeast wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:26 pm Because order has zerg right now and the majority of premades doesn't care for 6:00 AM city sieges. So there are some alliance/discord warbands running here and there but they aren't that organized as they used to be.
The EU prime time is still the same - 400/400 and eternal stale. It's literally close to impossible to push campaign anywhere in the EU prime time. Despite the arguments like Get gud in Organizing :) Before the summer it took us litterally 8 organized warbands plus 200+ pug players to push 3 zones to forts and just stuck in 240/200 forts. I don't think that majority of RoR players have 5h+ time to push to the city +2h for the siege it self. It's 7h+ game time you need to reach the campaign right now.
I'm pretty sure if the cities were in more or less acceptable times we would have different picture. Morale change has made the game less pug friendly for destro, but I guess this is the matter of time until 2-2-2 drivers will get the new meta.
Look at those days when FMJ/PNP/TUP are up - order isn't pushing anywhere.
So I guess it's exactly the same as it was before and with the morale nerf you can wipe majority of order warbands without morales now :D
Yet when fmj/PNP etc are running around you hardly ever siege even when you have greater numbers in a zone , it's nearly always destro pugs who have a go and that is rare. Seems like you just prefer to defend and try farm kills rather than push campaign.

Ads
Ramlaen

Post#669 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:26 pm

The recent nerf to moral bombs, which were imbalanced in favor of destro, has allowed order to actually win a couple cities.
Ramlaen, Longhaul, Wolfnrock, Grashop
Hitzusen, Popori, Mecaster
Nietono, Ebichu, Tofurky

Kwatchi
Suspended

Post#670 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:28 pm

Greenbeast wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:26 pm Look at those days when FMJ/PNP/TUP are up - order isn't pushing anywhere.
:roll: (Altdorf - Jun 21, 2020) Don't ride Killstomp's coat tails.

The fact of the matter is that the collapse of the Destro numbers in oRVR during NA evenings has been precipitous and staggering, and what is left does not appear to be very inspired at all (HINT: we know you are hiding under the stairs). The city loggers certainly aren't much help in that regard. We were talking it over last night and came to the conclusion that there is no strong Destro NA group left now that Stryke petered out. So Blue push WBs run roughshod and this leads to 2* or 3* ICs every night this week (and that is starting to lose its charm real quick). Red Team really needs someone to step up.

Or looking at it another way... I guess we "got gud".
Slayer - 40/7x
Archmage - 40/7x