Recent Topics

Ads

Tank stats in general (SM)

Swordmaster, Shadow Warrior, White Lion, Archmage
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Your topic MUST start with your class name between hooks (IE : [Shaman] blablabla)
DoomedDragon

Tank stats in general (SM)

Post#1 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:04 am

Hello all, didn’t know where to put it since there is no ”Tank” forum section, so I’ll put it here since I have a SM, but the questions are quite general for all tanks.

Been looking around and are basing most of my questions on this thread below (a bit old, hope it is still valid).
viewtopic.php?t=965

1. Soft cap & hard cap?
As I understand it 1050 is the soft cap and 1650 is the hard cap for stats. I guess for us tanks I’m curious what the consensus among veterans are, if people stop stacking wounds and toughness at the soft cap or not?

1.5. A minor question is how much hitpoints per wound? So at 1050/1650 wounds how much hp will I have?

2. Armor?
Is there a soft- hard cap for armor? Couldn’t seem to find a number in the old thread. But I assume at a certain point it is no longer worth/negligible to stack more armor because of the x0.909. How much do people aim for endgame?

3. Block/parry/dodge/disrupt?
Is there a cap for these? I think I read somewhere 75%, is that correct? Which would people prioritise the most? Block first, then parry or dodge/disrupt?

4. Endgame gear
Do people go full sov or mix? How good are the fortress snb? Jewelry?

4.5. Just for SM:s what does the sov ability ”Leading the charge” do? Is it any good/worth?

Cheers!

Ads
DoomedDragon

Re: Tank stats in general (SM)

Post#2 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:06 am

3.5. Also what renown skills?

Noslock

Post#3 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:37 pm

Not a sm but:

1 Forget about hard cap you wont be able to reach it once you r on the softcap you r good to go.

1.5 1000 wounds will give you 10k hp.A decent value for tanking is between 11-12k wounds to survive blobs and morale drops and its easy reachable in any endgame set.I think on my full sov set on my bo im around 11k without stackin wounds talisman but i have 160 wounds tactic.Some prefer to stack wounds some prefer to stack toughness other stacks armour ,it depends on playstyle (wb/6 man even if there you most likely go 2h) tank class and the availability of any sort of wounds/toughness tactic.Also your survivability depends alot on positioning and the positioning ability of your guarded dps.If he runs into bomb costantly you will melt fast anyway.If he manages to avoid bomb with positioning you will last longer.

2 No cap for armour but then you have to consider possible debuff/armour penetration and armour ignore abilities .Mitigation cap should be 75%.On full sov set without armour talisman i have 4200 armour,add pots or selfbuff and your are around 5k and you can be debuffed for around 3k so..

3 As a tank s/b i would go for block first then parry to mitigate guard damage and last dodge disrupt and ofc put some renown in futile strikes to lower the chance to be crit

4 I run full sov just to have the speed boost ability to make my wb faster .1 full sov tank in each group to rotate it and you can speed up a good amount of people to chase the enemy/withdraw from danger.But ofc mixing 2 sets gives you more wounds/toughness generally.

4.5 Leading the charge is the 8 piece sov tank set ability .Gives your defensive target and allies in 30feet radius a speed boost on 2 min cd.
Last edited by Noslock on Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

DoomedDragon

Post#4 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:48 pm

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, much appreciated!

Curious what kind of jewelry to use as well, is it worth to stack accessories with block on? Or are there some better combinations?

Noslock

Post#5 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:59 pm

DoomedDragon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:48 pm Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions, much appreciated!

Curious what kind of jewelry to use as well, is it worth to stack accessories with block on? Or are there some better combinations?
Slot 1 and 2 you can run genesis everlasting jewels if you go s/b or undying if u go 2h or even warrior if you go 2h with more dps in mind (aspect,fragment or remnant,leave the shard alone)
Slot 3 you should run sentinel jewel and you can put a 6% block talisman for s/b or parry or melee crit if u go 2h
Slot 4 is reserved to sov jewel most likely if you go s/b or alt sov or wl if you go 2h

DoomedDragon

Post#6 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:12 pm

Noslock wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:37 pm ...On full sov set without armour talisman i have 4200 armour,add pots or selfbuff and your are around 5k and you can be debuffed for around 3k so..
So would you recommend slotting armor talismans then, if you can get debuffed so severly?

Noslock

Post#7 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:12 pm

DoomedDragon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:12 pm
Noslock wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:37 pm ...On full sov set without armour talisman i have 4200 armour,add pots or selfbuff and your are around 5k and you can be debuffed for around 3k so..
So would you recommend slotting armor talismans then, if you can get debuffed so severly?
for wb use i rather go tough or wounds

detrap

Post#8 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:17 am

DoomedDragon wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:12 pm
Toughness would be better, the number 1 stat for mitigation. Will cover you from resistant base damage and positional attacks from mdps that bypass armour anyway. I run 900+ on my 2h SM and softcap with my snb knight
Knight 8x - IB 8x - SM 8x / Chosen 3x - BO 4x - BG 5x

Ads