Recent Topics

Ads

What is a ranged shadow warriors role meant to be exactly?

Let's talk about... everything else
Bergbart

Re: What is a ranged shadow warriors role meant to be exactly?

Post#21 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:23 pm

Also i Played super squishy sw with 716 bal and 49.7 % armor penetration and 53 % critt(With Bullseye).

Why i do that. 49.7% most premades stacking armor
716 bal is enough with new BHA and GA.
Critt 53% infight (not to make damage but to activated leading shots).
---> the most time you can hide behind other players and shot heroic at the enemy.

First you spamm BHA 1 stack then SS...after that its Variabel Knockdown, more BHA or Bursting.
That is Dot rotation

with the new Acid arrow GA shange you can Acid Arrow--> VoN--> Rapidfire(This Combination with GA needs repleshing strikes).
Burst Rotation.

You can Play full skirmisch with that,(with max point in scout and the rest in skirmisch)
The BHA, AcidA and GA(But prefer the old version ranged are my natural enemy) was 100% a Buff .

Single target in Skirmisch is Damage wise is far better than before but the range nerf hurt a little bit by takedown and SS.
But its Playable. You can debuff your enemys (SS Spamm, ConqProc, AcidA, Knockdown, leading shots) and make a very good burst for a class without penalties and High mobility.

But i dont know how to Balance right but skirmisch is not so **** how the people cry and i played as pug more than i want against named premades...

my 2 cent today im not drunken:P

Ads
raistomen

Post#22 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:16 pm

jaxamillian wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:55 am It seems clear that the role of a ranged glass cannon is not to kill people judging by the string of recent nerfs. Even before changes the skirmish spec was fun and semmmmmi-viable. Now we have 2 lines which seem to accomplish nothing in particular.

- Skirmish spends a long amount of time at close range (65 feet) applying dots, which makes it a piss weak version of an engineer with half the range.
- Scout after all the nerfs is now unable to kill anything that isnt extremely glass or undergeared, god forbid they have a healer or a guard you may as well not bother shooting.

I am happy to admit at the height of the changes the class was overpowered and needed tuning, but devs you need to remember this is a class with no escape (whirling pin LOL), no self sustain, and has to build quite fragile in order to actually do damage.

If a glass ranged class cannot do damage and has no meaningful role to play in a group, what is the point of the class existing?

RR77 full invaders couple sov
if you think you should be able to solo kill somthing with guards and heals idk what to tell you

doxifera

Post#23 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:04 pm

Even the AoE Engii/Magus have 65 range, it is natural that the rSW and rSH AoE should be 65 yards

jaxamillian
Suspended

Post#24 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:08 pm

Raistoman reading comprehension absolute utter fail, but thanks for trying sir!

Doxifera you do know magus/engi have an extra range tactic right? That got taken away from skirmish line,for 25% armor pen skirmish abilities only LOL).

Please if you know nothing at all about SW, just go to another thread. Clearly they are broken right now.

NSKaneda

Post#25 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:54 pm

doxifera wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:04 pm Even the AoE Engii/Magus have 65 range, it is natural that the rSW and rSH AoE should be 65 yards
AOE magus has 100 range at least. Same as grenadier engie.
RoR: Burszui SH, Ropopuch SHM<|[]|>Ginnar IB, Vidarr HMR, Runatyr RP ++ REV guild ++
Live: Karak Izor -> Karak Norn - Yarpaen IB, Ginnarr SL, Volundr ENG +Ithilmar's Chosen+
* * * playing 19 classes - running out of char slots * * *

Valarion

Post#26 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:14 pm

adapter wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:59 am
wargrimnir wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:33 pm Better to make some constructive comments on what can reasonably change with the direction we're moving in.
Well I'll share some ideas that I've already mentioned:

1. Increase range in Scout/Big Shootin abilities
2. Give real utility to Skirmirsh / Quick Shootin, meaning as utility: AP drain, slows, building times debuff, cooldown debuff, morale drain, stat debuffs, etc.
3. Increase AoE burst on Smirmirsh/Quick Shootin.

With exception to morale drain, this is actually a reasonable and good general direction to take SW imo.

Order absolutely does not need another morale drain option. The BW Burning head and Knight's Solarflare already gives us a huge edge when we push (more so than even the marauder's aoe drain).
80+ WP/Dok/RP/Zealot 60+ AM/Shaman/Knight/Chosen/SM/BO/BW/Sorc 40+WL/Eng. SW deleted

Atropik

Post#27 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:24 pm

jaxamillian wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:55 am If a glass ranged class cannot do damage and has no meaningful role to play in a group, what is the point of the class existing?
Even Mr. Mark Jacobs himself couldnt anwer this question 12 years ago, what do you expect now? SW is fine, far better thn it was every year before this moment. It just suffers cause of class composition the destro classes have.
Nicelook | Obey

UnspeakableOath

Post#28 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:39 am

Just bumping to see if we have dev visibility on this thread. Aside from the one early post, I’m not sure we’re reaching any ears that matter on this.

Ads
jaxamillian
Suspended

Post#29 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:06 am

To be fair at the moment we do have 50% of the player base who are happy with SW as it is.

Unfortunately it's the same 50% of the server who play destro :P

Xergon

Post#30 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:57 am

and another one...

why ppl cant understand how to play this game...

what ppl except really ? ye before u could play kiting Skirmish Solo Pepega mode, killing other solo classes who has no gap closer... ye super fun to play...

ppl need to understand this is group play based game, and as such, with current changes u can make SW work in every spec. How?

Scout - gained buff with GlassArrow procs which provide additional burst, to what was already pretty strong dmg, FesteringArrow bomb, now imagine roaming as 3-4 SWs, coordinating bomb on same target, u can kill basically any target if u do it properly, its like playing Mobile Engi Sniper squad !

Assault - minor buff to what was already very strong (if not strongest) spec for SW in small scale, spec works very well in 6v6 scenarios and such

Skirmish - your current AoE spec, now u have option to deal a lot AoE pressure with dots (BHA+FA), on top of that u have AoE burst from Barrage+SFA (which got -30% nerf removed on AoE), sure its maybe not same as BW/Slayer (although i would even argue with that, cuz with proper use of FM u can actually deal immense amount of DMG while not being interrupted) but atleast now u are not dead weight if u join WB. Oh, they even gave 25% arm pen tactic (350 weapon skill).
As skirmish u can do nice AoE dmg, but u really start shining when u get synergy with WW from SM, procs buffs from BW and WP.

Ofc, i hope its not end of changes, cuz there is still missing something in AoE spec, like LileathArrow atm is completly useless ability, neither it does enough/more dmg than Barrage or SFA, neither its usable w/o ExpertSkirmish tactic.
The Unlikely Plan
YouTube