Recent Topics

Ads

Healing nerf

We want to hear your thoughts and ideas.
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use

Structured class balance suggestions belong in the Balance Proposal subforum. Class-related discussion in this section are considered as ongoing debates and ARE NOT reviewed for balance changes.
Omegus

Re: Healing nerf

Post#41 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:59 pm

sogeou wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:13 pmjust with over geared Russians who are all full sov from farming the city at like 4 am.
Most EU who are in full sov had to farm 4am cities, and it's not like they're farming empty cities - they're up against other EU doing the same thing along with US players in late prime time. I'm in the EU and have both Sov sets due to 4am cities. I really don't see how the nationality of your enemy or the timezone they have to do cities in makes any difference. Would it be fairer if you were facing NA players in full sov from doing cities doing their prime time?

Nerf sleepy EU destro rolling awake NA order I guess?
Zomega: RR8x Zealot

Ads
sogeou

Post#42 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:21 pm

Omegus wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:59 pm
sogeou wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:13 pmjust with over geared Russians who are all full sov from farming the city at like 4 am.
Most EU who are in full sov had to farm 4am cities, and it's not like they're farming empty cities - they're up against other EU doing the same thing along with US players in late prime time. I'm in the EU and have both Sov sets due to 4am cities. I really don't see how the nationality of your enemy or the timezone they have to do cities in makes any difference. Would it be fairer if you were facing NA players in full sov from doing cities doing their prime time?

Nerf sleepy EU destro rolling awake NA order I guess?
Russian's pushing city at 4 am when all of EU is still sleeping because if it was prime time they would not be able to due to even numbers. That is why.

Sulorie

Post#43 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:32 am

sogeou wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:13 pm No it is a SOV DOK/ WP problem. Those classes need their armor reduced. Just alone they can aoe detaunt and heal thru damage. They reduce incoming damage by 75% with 500 toughness and 4k armor. So, yeah melee hitting them for 200-400 damage max while they are disrupting damage like crazy from BW's. All they need is to make SOV like live, they added extra armor count to SOV gear, which live did not have. Also, while damage is much lower on this server than live. It is not a problem always, just with over geared Russians who are all full sov from farming the city at like 4 am.
I read a lot excuses and little substance. With all the debuffs available, there is virtually no chance for the single healer to survive. Especially, when you can't detaunt all attackers. All those stats matter nothing after debuffs.
Dying is no option.

emiliorv
Suspended

Post#44 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:58 am

sogeou wrote: Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:13 pm No it is a SOV DOK/ WP problem. Those classes need their armor reduced. Just alone they can aoe detaunt and heal thru damage. They reduce incoming damage by 75% with 500 toughness and 4k armor. So, yeah melee hitting them for 200-400 damage max while they are disrupting damage like crazy from BW's. All they need is to make SOV like live, they added extra armor count to SOV gear, which live did not have. Also, while damage is much lower on this server than live. It is not a problem always, just with over geared Russians who are all full sov from farming the city at like 4 am.
Any WE/WH can bypass 100% armor only with positional attacks => no gear/stats needed for that. Incoming+outgoing healdebuff and its done.

The advantage from dok/wp is the aoe detaunt, but without it will be hard to stay close to frontline...

tommydgun

Post#45 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:21 pm

People who say l2p over this issue are so moronic. It is not a l2p issue.

Sulorie

Post#46 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:40 pm

tommydgun wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:21 pm People who say l2p over this issue are so moronic. It is not a l2p issue.
Assuming that's no L2P issue is worse. You don't facetank 3+ attackers with similar gear, especially when you can't detaunt all of them.
Dying is no option.

TwistedSister77

Post#47 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:54 pm

I find it pretty uncommon when cities are balanced, it's actually fun when it happens. Usually, depending on the draw... it's one group steam rolling another.

And no, healers do not need a nerf

zumos2

Post#48 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:18 pm

There are arguments to make that the balance between offense and defensive is too much in favor of defense at the moment. But base healing numbers are not the cause at all for that. You should search more in the area of damage mitagation than healing numbers. And if anything, you should look at healing multipliers, but there is absolutely no reason for nerfing base healing numbers.
Zumos - Member of Red Guard

Current Guilds: The Unlikely Plan - Deep and Dry - Dark Omen

Ads
M0rw47h

Post#49 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:20 pm

A: For Khorneflakes, nerf healing right now!
B: Oi, oi? U mad bro?
A: BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!
B: Smart gits assit da Big 'Un.
A: We do meagniful AoE and nobody is dying!
B: Gits ain't meltin'?
A: Cowards always scatter!!!
B: And ye AoE on top of...?
A: Everywhere! Muahahaha!
B: L2P.

sogeou

Post#50 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:46 pm

Sulorie wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:32 am
I read a lot excuses and little substance. With all the debuffs available, there is virtually no chance for the single healer to survive. Especially, when you can't detaunt all attackers. All those stats matter nothing after debuffs.

Reading is not good for you I see. Or just the fact you don't know classes maybe, DOK/ WP always have AoE detaunt with 100% up time. I have seen so many DOK/WP face tank groups of people. The issue is not the same for other healers, which is WHY I said DOK/WP in my post which you did not read lol. The fact they can get 60% disrupt and 30% parry while having high toughness and 4k armor with their AOE detaunt makes it crazy hard to bring one down unless you have a WH with 75% healing debuff on them.

I don't think healing really needs to be changed, but adding soft caps to each armor types would fix a lot of things. DOK/WP should be soft capped at 2500.